A footballing science

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:21 pm

personally i think if u copy an article u should say so, but the stuff mike posts is genius and im glad of the chace to read it. weekly i will copy and paste anything from skysports or bbcspotr but will always say. its just nice to have some decent stuff to read instead of looking at frying pans if u ask me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:22 pm

I think it's time we had some flange don't you?  :Oo:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:23 pm

:cool:  it is agreed
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:26 pm

If you go on RAWK you will find exact same topics as on here the gen chat Fitbirdszone, and little tip one, both are on RAWK.
Many titles of posts are the same as on other forums and websites etc.....I said yesterday if A.B. would have done it there would have been a lynch party out for him, but thats just my opinion, and StMick isnt here to defend himself either as to his reasons he puts other peoples work on here, but in saying that hes a nice bloke, and I hope he doesnt leave cause of it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:34 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:The difference, laza, between Stmichael and kindaconfuzed etc is that Stmichael has posted here for nigh on a year and posts quality stuff whereas kindaretarded was here on a deliberate p.iss take. Ok, it appears that Mike has "borrowed" some people's articles and he should have acknowledged them. I know a lot of people here have said they don't care who wrote the articles as they are good, but thats only half the arguement: the person who originally wrote the article is wronged as his work is being passed off as someone elses on another forum. That isn't right. However, I think the vast majority here think that Mike is a great, great guy and ok, he's nicked other people's work, but maybe in the future he should credit the source and original author.

I hope Mike doesn't think its a witch hunt against him and maybe we should all draw a line underneath it all, but AB does have a point, if made a little too forcibly. :)

Fair enuff though but when you get the little wanna be crowd starting their own witchhunts against people who may not have a PH D in diplomacy but at least have the guts to call a shovel  a shovel regardless of who the shovel is then for me its out of order
Where has anybody said that St Mick isnt a great bloke or he should be forced out of the forum..........hmmm
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:36 pm

laza wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:The difference, laza, between Stmichael and kindaconfuzed etc is that Stmichael has posted here for nigh on a year and posts quality stuff whereas kindaretarded was here on a deliberate p.iss take. Ok, it appears that Mike has "borrowed" some people's articles and he should have acknowledged them. I know a lot of people here have said they don't care who wrote the articles as they are good, but thats only half the arguement: the person who originally wrote the article is wronged as his work is being passed off as someone elses on another forum. That isn't right. However, I think the vast majority here think that Mike is a great, great guy and ok, he's nicked other people's work, but maybe in the future he should credit the source and original author.

I hope Mike doesn't think its a witch hunt against him and maybe we should all draw a line underneath it all, but AB does have a point, if made a little too forcibly. :)

Fair enuff though but when you get the little wanna be crowd starting their own witchhunts against people who may not have a PH D in diplomacy but at least have the guts to call a shovel  a shovel regardless of who the shovel is then for me its out of order
Where has anybody said that St Mick isnt a great bloke or he should be forced out of the forum..........hmmm

Very true Laza, very true  :glare:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:40 pm

st mick isnt a great bloke and should be forceed out fo the forum  :p :p
ok, seriously forks, as long as i hear some good news about liverpool, i dont care if its stolen from mother teresa as long as i can read it. plus im pretty sure everyone now does say when theyve found a good article. knife chatting to you all, see u all spoon
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:42 pm

Maybe StMick will be to embarressed to come back after being found out, hope not like, but I can imagine hes probably read this topic, and thinks oh no what have I done.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:41 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I said yesterday if A.B. would have done it there would have been a lynch party out for him, but thats just my opinion,

I don't think thats necessarily true , it seems the the majority of members feel that St Mick was wrong not to credit the source of the article but at the same time many aren't that bothered where it came from as they have an ambivilant attutude to stuff posted on a footy/chat forum.
There are of course some members who prefer to make an issue out of the smallest of things . St Mick was wrong ,sure, but the words "mountains" and "molehills" spring to mind .
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:45 pm

i have one thing to say in defence of myself

TADS :p  :D  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:52 pm

stmichael wrote:i have one thing to say in defence of myself

maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:02 pm

You've been a naughty Saint ,St Mick , an yer better forget about tryin' to pass of Tolstoys "War and Peace" as being all your own work .

(On second thoughts you might get away with it ,doubt if many in here have read it ,it's not about footy .  :D )
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:07 pm

Hey fashionistas....

Plagiarism is the new originality :cool:

Or something like that  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

You've been a naughty Saint ,St Mick , an yer better forget about tryin' to pass of Tolstoys "War and Peace" as being all your own work .

(On second thoughts you might get away with it ,doubt if many in here have read it ,it's not about footy .  :D )

:D to truie ...  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:46 pm

Oi! Thats Dom's word!  :D  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.