Roy Hodgson for England

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Wed May 02, 2012 3:41 am

Dave Basset England manager  :wwww
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:22 am

I just dont get Roy being given the job, he is a firefighter manager, he only got the Liverpool job as there was a real fear that we could go down with no money being put into the club, we needed a manager that could do the job with no money, going by his results Roy did look best for the job at the time.

Roy is a nice guy but i fear the likes of Terry will walk all over him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Quite how such a scumbag like Terry gets anywhere near the England squad is beyond me. He's a sh*tstain on football that man, a complete scumbag, but then he is associated with Chelsea football club, so it's hardly surprising he's the way he is, you only have to look at the supporters of that club.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Wed May 02, 2012 12:57 pm

how can the fa go wrong with a former lma manager of the year with 35 years experience?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 02, 2012 1:11 pm

stmichael » Wed May 02, 2012 12:57 pm wrote:how can the fa go wrong with a former lma manager of the year with 35 years experience?

someone actually said that to me - he's got 35 years experience which means its a good appointment...

I genuinely can't get over the simplicity of that statement
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Homebooby » Wed May 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Just watching the press conference now...my how lost he looks in between those people.
Homebooby

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm

well in a strange way it all might help him that we think that England are going to be ***** under him.
for once we will going into a comp not thinking we should we it.

and due to just that fact we could get to the final.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed May 02, 2012 1:56 pm

lakes10 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:45 pm wrote:well in a strange way it all might help him that we think that England are going to be ***** under him.
for once we will going into a comp not thinking we should we it.

and due to just that fact we could get to the final.

Hope springs eternal lakes  :eyebrow
Homebooby

Postby RedAnt » Wed May 02, 2012 9:44 pm

LFC2007 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Tue May 01, 2012 10:43 pm wrote:I believe Roy is just the man for the job and will be a great success. Good luck to him.

Are you being serious?

I actually am. Some managers are made for certain jobs. Roy's not the idiot he looked with us. He's been in the game for a lotta years, has many contacts and is highly respected. The fact that he's english too, and will recognise Gerrard as the best captain will reinstall passion to the side, channeled through Stevie. I know many here don't want Stevie as captain, and some want him to give up internationals completely, but you try and stop him getting on that pitch. England are english again, and whilst Roy might not be the most intimidating Englishman, he is shrewd and has a quiet effeciency about him.

He dosen't look like an owl for no reason ya know.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I hope Roy Hodgson is a success at England. The man gets unnecessary criticism including a lot of sh*t from our own supporters, so it will be nice if he can make a success of himself in the England job.
Boxscarf

Postby Kharhaz » Thu May 03, 2012 12:12 am

Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm wrote:I hope Roy Hodgson is a success at England. The man gets unnecessary criticism including a lot of sh*t from our own supporters, so it will be nice if he can make a success of himself in the England job.

I hope he does what other managers have failed to do, and get rid of the egos. Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Ashley Cole. Get rid and build for the future. Gerrards on borrowed time football wise so he has to get the best out of him before Gerrard becomes known as one of the greatest players never to play for england !

If he does this, then in my eyes he has already been more successful than what we have had over the last few years.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu May 03, 2012 12:20 am

Absolutely bewilderedly appointment for me but I love see him do well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 am

The thing is Roy should never have been a Liverpool manager he is just not that type who I believe could succeed at big clubs. Imagine him being, the manc's, city's, arsenal's and chelsea's manager. It just doesn't mash up. The top clubs need a manager who has integrity and charisma like Kenny and Rafa, a superb tacticians like Rafa and Wenger, or just a straight up ***** and ruthless like fergusen and mourinho. Roy is neither here nor there. Having said that, he must have gone through alot of stress and pressure when he was managing us and I kinda take pity on him. Hopefully he does better with England even though I highly doubt it :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu May 03, 2012 12:43 pm

he's got the pick of players from all clubs so he cant use that excuse. He hasn't got a league to worry about just straight  games. if he can win single games he'll do well.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:50 am

i cant ever recall a match being abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch in a stadium that has a retractable roof before.
to be fair to the poles the torrential rain was accompanied by gusting winds which prevented the closure of the canopy. the rain was forecast but the weather radar failed to show the severity of the storm, by the time it became clear that the weather front was severe enough to threaten the fixture it was too late to close the roof.
bit of a ball ache for the 55,000 fans in the stadium but that`s better than having a headache from thousands of tons of roof truss dropping onto their heads!!
the game is being replayed tomorrow afternoon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion