Roy Hodgson for England

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:41 am wrote:Actually the dislike of the England started a long time before Hodgson got the job - around about the time Sven arrived and Beckham became Capt and the media hype exploded.

The dislike of England is very popular around the streets of Liverpool and on the stands

As for Hodgson - he showed a very poor attitude towards our club and treated both the fans and club  with a lack of respect - he was the beacon of the H & G reign. Rafa was sacked so that he could become manager and that didn't sit well with a lot of fans. He was our worst manager in a long time.

And with respect that is your opinion which of course you are entitled to, but it is certainly not factually correct.You castigated Hodgson before a ball had even been kicked. The fans chanted Dalglish's name at almost every game Hodgson was in charge of. He was there to do a job and not kowtow to fans that treated him like shit !! If what you say is correct why is it that Steve Gerrard has built such a good relationship with Hodgson? Unlike yourself I live in Liverpool so I am only too aware of what the attitude towards England is and you have overly generalised the situation. Possibly you only go to the ground  and the Sandon Pub where inevitably thou will find a lot of Hodgson antis ?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Which parts are factual incorrect ?

Are there parts of Liverpool that aren't "anti Woy " - BS Fans possibly

Yes i didn't rate Woy when he arrived and didn't want him to be our manager and knew he wasn't good enough and said as much.

And Kennys name wasn't chanted until Woy started losing games to powerhouse teams like Northampton and then started critisizing the fans to the media. The same Woy that spent millions on players like Konchesky and Poulsen ( 2 of the worst players to ever wear our shirt ) whilst giving away our best youngsters.

His reign was truly awful beyond belief and thankfully he was cut short
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 am

I'm from Liverpool and i support England and looking forward to the WC, yes you do get some saying they are scouse not English but that's a minority and was probably started as a joke
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:31 am

I will really look forward to the world cup and hope England do well.

Like most have said though, I dont think they will do well.
They may get through their group but as soon as they meet a half decent side in the knockout phase that will be the end.
I dont think Roy will change from the cautious way he sets the team up despite the two recent wins in which we played more expansive.
He should play that way but I just dont think we can teach this old dog new tricks.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Its not just the English national team though.
The English clubs are fallen behind in Europe as well over the past few seasons.

Its a bigger issue.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 am wrote:Its not just the English national team though.
The English clubs are fallen behind in Europe as well over the past few seasons.

Its a bigger issue.

Didnt Chelsea win the Champions league 2 seasons ago ?
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 am wrote:
jacdaniel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 am wrote:Its not just the English national team though.

Its a bigger issue.

Didnt Chelsea win the Champions league 2 seasons ago ?

Yeah but I think we can all agree that was a bit of a miracle?  They defending for their lives against Barca and looked the far inferior team yet somehow they scraped through.  It was the same against Bayern in the final with Robben missing a pen etc.

If we're being honest though, in recent years we've seen  United, City and Chelsea playing Europa League football and ourselves struggling to qualify for European football.
Also Arsenal crash out around the quarters every year and Spurs have never made much impact in the Europa either.

We haven't seen anything like the 05 - 10 period, were English teams were playing each other in finals and semi finals in recent years.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Yeah i'd agree with that.
The english clubs have struggled a bit more in general of the past few seasons.
I think Spurs will do well in europe this season though. Their squad is strong enough to rotate players meaning they will still have a decent side for europa matches.
Based on what I have seen so far this season I dont see any of Chelsea, United, city or Arsenal winning the champions league.
It's going to be one of Bayern or Barca for me.
Ben Patrick

Postby babu » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:35 am wrote:Yeah i'd agree with that.
I think Spurs will do well in europe this season though. Their squad is strong enough to rotate players meaning they will still have a decent side for europa matches.
Based on what I have seen so far this season I dont see any of Chelsea, United, city or Arsenal winning the champions league.

I don't think Bayern will get there.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:30 pm

babu » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:35 am wrote:Yeah i'd agree with that.

I don't think Bayern will get there.

Really ?

Who's your money on ?
Ben Patrick

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm wrote:Which parts are factual incorrect ?

Yes i didn't rate Woy when he arrived and didn't want him to be our manager and knew he wasn't good enough and said as much.

And Kennys name wasn't chanted until Woy started losing games to powerhouse teams like Northampton and then started critisizing the fans to the media. The same Woy that spent millions on players like Konchesky and Poulsen ( 2 of the worst players to ever wear our shirt ) whilst giving away our best youngsters.

Poulsen cost £4.5m and Konchesky was a swap deal. In the general scheme of things that's not actually shopping at Harrods is it.Mereiles cost a few quid but he did a half decent job and was sold to Chelsea !! You have demanded on so many occasions that the club needs to spend big to succeed and now you criticise Hodgson for failing with bottom of the barrel purchases. Hodgson never received any support from the owners or the fans. He was always destined to fail. Why haven't England lost during the group stages and how has he managed to develop such an excellent working relationship with Gerrard if he really is as bad as you make out.

And your view of how the majority of people in Liverpool view England and Hodgson is not factually incorrect it is nonsense. I was no great fan of Hodgson but I certainly won't let that affect me supporting our lads and the team. I do however find it amusing that a sensitive individual such as yourself has no problem referring to Hodgson as Woy. Just how old are you?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Fuck England ,and f*ck Hodgson cant abide any of them getting air time...... A loathsome collection of players ,and an odious snipe of a manager.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:54 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm wrote:Which parts are factual incorrect ?

Poulsen cost £4.5m and Konchesky was a swap deal. In the general scheme of things that's not actually shopping at Harrods is it.Mereiles cost a few quid but he did a half decent job and was sold to Chelsea !! You have demanded on so many occasions that the club needs to spend big to succeed and now you criticise Hodgson for failing with bottom of the barrel purchases. Hodgson never received any support from the owners or the fans. He was always destined to fail. Why haven't England lost during the group stages and how has he managed to develop such an excellent working relationship with Gerrard if he really is as bad as you make out.

And your view of how the majority of people in Liverpool view England and Hodgson is not factually incorrect it is nonsense. I was no great fan of Hodgson but I certainly won't let that affect me supporting our lads and the team. I do however find it amusing that a sensitive individual such as yourself has no problem referring to Hodgson as Woy. Just how old are you?

So are you going to tell me you don't ever refer to anyone with a nickname ?! :laugh:

And I know it wasn't factually incorrect - thanks for letting me know

Oh and Konchesky arrived for about £3mil as well as us giving them two of our brighter talents - wonderful business by good old ole face

I hope he and his team fail miserably :laugh:
Benny The Noon

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion