Out of the world cup - Why ?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RAGE UK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:53 am

Yet again we are out of the world cup.

What do you think the reason was?

The players??.            The reffs??          Our manager??.

The 1st thing I think was the formation playing a 5 man midfield did not work it did not work in the game before. Rooney could not cope upfront alone he was getting more thrustrated as the game went on and we all know he is like a little time bomb. And so did (Cristiano Ronaldo).

So that’s down to that Swedish clown.

I also think the reffs have been so inconsistent thought-out the whole tournament 2006.
The diving the cheating has been so bad I think it out way any good play on the pitch.
England was 100% hindered by the reff .
The Chelsea player’s thoughtout this world cup must have clocked up more bookings then any other club.
arsenals heny was a complete disgrace a seen and proven cheat I used to like him but now I think he would fit into Chelsea’s team very nicely.

The players......
Owen for one was a complete waste of space like it or lump it he is a has been. Just not good enough for an England place.
lampard done what in this world cup nothing hit the ball at every opportunity 30 to 40 yards into nowhere land.
Rooney did jack apart from getting thrustrated and sent of but in saying that it was down to the Swedish fool for trying to play him as a lone striker.
Our peter crouch could I’m sure have taken England to the finals if he was played. He should have played as a 2nd striker with Rooney he would have picked up all the long balls and feed Rooney / gerrard.
Why on earth take Walcott? He had no intention of playing him.
David Beckham openly moaned about the heat. For god sakes he plays in the heat twice a week.

Some of the players played well like j Cole / a Cole / j terry /steve gerrard /lennon when he come on was working well.
I did not know what to think of Ferdinand I suppose he done his job but he seemed to just walk about and not exert himself at all.
There are players that I have not mentioned that did well and some not so well but I’m not going to name them all.

So I personally think the 1st to blame is Sven the manager a 5 man midfield cost us the game and near cost us the game before.

2nd was the poor refereeing we played against the reff to day as if he was the 12th Portugal on the filed.

And last of all England played the worst football of the whole world cup and was lucky to get to the last 8.

that’s just what I think now what do you think??
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:04 am

RAGE UK wrote:2nd was the poor refereeing we played against the reff to day as if he was the 12th Portugal on the filed.

I think that's bollox for a start.  Pretty much every side in the world cup has had to deal with poor refereeing decisions at some stage.  For example had it not been for a poor referee in the Portugal-Holland game then Deco might have played against England.

I don't think the ref in the England-Portugal game was bad actually.  Rooney had to go, I don't care what anyone else says.  He stamped on the lad and even if the ref didn't see that and sent him off for the push, he got what he deserved.  Apart from that there were no other controversial incidents involving the ref.

Erikkson's the reason England are out and everyone knows it.  It's easy to make him the scapegoat, but in all seriousness how did he not get beyond the quarters with the players at his disposal??  3 major tournaments, 3 quarter finals - the buck stops with the manager.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:42 am

RAGE UK wrote:Yet again we are out of the world cup.

What do you think the reason was?

Because it was a quarter-final and it was England.

Roll on the start of the season....
Cmon Redmen!!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:49 am

john craig wrote:
RAGE UK wrote:2nd was the poor refereeing we played against the reff to day as if he was the 12th Portugal on the filed.

I think that's bollox for a start.  Pretty much every side in the world cup has had to deal with poor refereeing decisions at some stage.  For example had it not been for a poor referee in the Portugal-Holland game then Deco might have played against England.

I don't think the ref in the England-Portugal game was bad actually.  Rooney had to go, I don't care what anyone else says.  He stamped on the lad and even if the ref didn't see that and sent him off for the push, he got what he deserved.  Apart from that there were no other controversial incidents involving the ref.

Erikkson's the reason England are out and everyone knows it.  It's easy to make him the scapegoat, but in all seriousness how did he not get beyond the quarters with the players at his disposal??  3 major tournaments, 3 quarter finals - the buck stops with the manager.

Rooney got sent off for the push not treading on the blueshits bollox m8.
Neville pushed a Portugal player seconds after in front of the reff should he have been sent off to?.
Thierry Henry went down in the box holding his face trying to get a penalty and a player sent off by the fifa world cup rules he should have diving and playacting and trying to get an opponent sent off should have got him sent off leaving no one to score the winning goal against the Germans.
figo head buts a player but because the reff did not see it he was not sent off then fifa look into it and because he got a yellow card did nothing about it he should not have been on the pitch.
16 YELLOW CARDS AND 3 RED CARDS IN ONE GAME.
Come on man the referring played the biggest part in destroying fair play in this world cup including the reff in our match a straight red for a push the reff did not see Rooney accidentally may I add tread on the man nuts ( did not see ) so sent him off for a push and that is not unfair?.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby mikopool » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:39 am

England showed no confidence in their play, playing Rooney alone was dumb and he also stomped on a player for no reason other then he was :censored: off. Everyone played poorly with the odd good play except Hargreaves who seemed the only one with enough steam to finish the match.

I am with effes, now that this lots over, bring on the season!
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby jeffiroquai » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:45 am

I agree the reffing has been spotty the whole cup, but christ, Lampard couldn't hit his mouth with a cup of tea at this point.........

I can't stand the lad in blue, but jesus, it looked like he was playing with someone elses foot the whole tourney.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:35 am

I think to get within an inch of the world cup semi finals is pretty damn good. Why and how anyone can expect to win a tournament of this  standard is beyond me?? True, England do have great players, but people tend to forget that the other teams have also. When it gets down to the last 8, anyone can beat anyone.
Everyone will be looking for excuses, same with the Brazilians losing to France -the fact is -they werent good enough on the day. No good blaming Eriksson, Venables played the way everyone wanted and got no further.
My old man used to tell me "theres always someone harder round the corner lad"  :nod same with football
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:18 am

RAGE UK wrote:
john craig wrote:

Rooney got sent off for the push not treading on the blueshits bollox m8.
Neville pushed a Portugal player seconds after in front of the reff should he have been sent off to?.
Thierry Henry went down in the box holding his face trying to get a penalty and a player sent off by the fifa world cup rules he should have diving and playacting and trying to get an opponent sent off should have got him sent off leaving no one to score the winning goal against the Germans.
figo head buts a player but because the reff did not see it he was not sent off then fifa look into it and because he got a yellow card did nothing about it he should not have been on the pitch.
16 YELLOW CARDS AND 3 RED CARDS IN ONE GAME.
Come on man the referring played the biggest part in destroying fair play in this world cup including the reff in our match a straight red for a push the reff did not see Rooney accidentally may I add tread on the man nuts ( did not see ) so sent him off for a push and that is not unfair?.

Moaner!!  ???    :no

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 am

Totally down to the manager, his total lack of tactical awareness, very strange sqaud selection,

its no good blaming out of form players i.e Beckham/Lampard,
its the manager who picks the team, did SG or JC play in position once?

Eriksson has to be the worst manager weve ever had, saying that the :censored: thats taking over, could just rip that mantle off his head given time, we can all forget about enjoying anything other that mediocrity from the national team for at least the next 4yrs,

:sniffle
Thank god for LFC & Rafa  :D
teamleader1

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:59 am

The world cup is over for us now. Now we should concentrate on the more important stuff like LFC and there pursuit of the EPL and the CL .

Hopefully the lads will have a good rest and be ready for the new season.

COME ON REDMEN!!!
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:00 am

I would like someone on this site to justify for me the existance of Peter Crouch on Liverpool FC and as England's second striker.  When you are involved in the deep stages of the world cup you get one or two good chances to score.  That chance, a cross, came to crouch and he was standing behind the defender, as he has done since the beginning of the season.  So, crouch is one person I lay the blame on.

Let's go back to Sept last year when he began the season with a fabulous run of twenty games with a total of zero goals.  The boy has no first touch.  Never gets infront of defenders on crosses, set pieces and corners into the box.  Scores infrequently and does nothing positive  to create play except pass the occasional long ball back to the defenders. 

A quick look at Robbies highlight reel should highlight Crouchs deficiencies.

Let's take a look at the Manager, the real culprit.  Take one striker who is out of form and not game fit, but not two.  Especially when your backups are Walcott and Crouch!  Bent, Defoe or even fowler ( not past it as we shall see this year) would have been better options to Owen, Walcott and Crouch.

How is it possible that a manager does not know which formation he is going to use throughout the tournament?

Lampard and Gerrard do not belong on the pitch together.  Lampard is not a big game player ( see champion's league )   He should have been a sub, Gerrard should have had free reign behind Bent and Rooney and played alongside a holding midfielder.  ( Lampard 23shots 9 on target! no goals,  Shocking! )

On the upside Hargreaves was enormous out there.  As a Canadian I'm not at all suprised to see the level of commitment and effort from the man.  We in Canada are expected to put forth that kind of effort.  He was blocking shots on defence and in the thick of the attack, fantastic.

Gerrard was good but looked like he lacked energy towards the end, or lost faith?
:blues:
bedlovedays

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:47 am

The Manager justifies the existance of Peter Crouch on the pitch, why jump on Crouchy?

Rafa knows how to deploy him, so that we get the best out of him, he will be one of 4 strikers at Anfield, and a great option in a lot of games, hes only been with us one season, and that turned out to be one of  the most consistant weve had for a long time, plus I think theres still a lot of improvement yet to come from him,

As for england, hes playing under the worst manager in the history of international football, who hasnte got a clue how to get the best out of SG never mind Crouchy!
teamleader1

Postby callaway360 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:48 am

did anyone see christiano ronaldo wink at the portugese sub bench after getting rooney sent off?...im thinking Rooney will see that and knock him out when they get to united. hes a disgrace to football and it makes it worse as he plays for the same club... look how well we held portugal with 10 men if we had rooney still im sure things would of been different.
we love yu liverpool we do,
OOOH LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YU
callaway360

Postby Mikz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:03 am

teamleader1 wrote:The Manager justifies the existance of Peter Crouch on the pitch, why jump on Crouchy?

Rafa knows how to deploy him, so that we get the best out of him, he will be one of 4 strikers at Anfield, and a great option in a lot of games, hes only been with us one season, and that turned out to be one of  the most consistant weve had for a long time, plus I think theres still a lot of improvement yet to come from him,

As for england, hes playing under the worst manager in the history of international football, who hasnte got a clue how to get the best out of SG never mind Crouchy!

??? If a player is good enough, he doesnt need the manager to get the best out of him, wise up!

Worst manager in the history of international management? ???  Most overpaid but not the worst.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:13 am

The decision to take only four strikers was just silly, he left some good players backhome.
Beckham is finished, he offers nothing but his set pieces, Gerrard and Lampard just won't click and I think SG looked a bit tired, becuase he hasn't had a break for a year.

Now we have got rid of Sven, things will start to look up.
Mark 23

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion