Out of the world cup - Why ?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:44 am

Mikz wrote:??? If a player is good enough, he doesnt need the manager to get the best out of him, wise up!

Worst manager in the history of international management? ???  Most overpaid but not the worst.

So we saw the best of SG in the defensive midfield role?

and sorry,I meant to say our international history, I for one cant remember anyone so lacking in tactical awareness,
and who else would have been stupid enough to take those 4 strikers given the circumstances?

And to play arguebly the best attacking MF in europe out of position,
and then to fail to rectify this when it was obvious that FL was way below par.

Im sorry, but its not me who needs to wise up, the facts speak for themselves.
teamleader1

Postby kobashi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:52 am

because you are not as good as you think you are!  5 games england were garbage..  no flair, no guile, no adventure!  Andy Gray said england had the best sqaud in the world cup.  he must of been smoking crack!

oh and ronaldo done nothing wrong!  well done portugal.. :)
kobashi

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:52 am

bedlovedays wrote:Gerrard was good but looked like he lacked energy towards the end, or lost faith?
:blues:

Gerrard never looses faithh  :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:20 am

i blame the manager coz he's a t0sser :laugh:  i blame the manager because he left the players unsure about what role they actualy play . I think lampard was the loose link in the chain he played him nomatter what happend this left our midfield general unsure what to do because he was up and down the pitch constantly --------> <-------- coz lampard never gets back or when he does get back he c0cks things up
Kopite-Jud

Postby coolsobs » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:22 am

You cant blame the formation cos if we had lost with a 4-4-2 people would still be blaming sven saying that gerrard and lampard cant play in a 4-4-2.
I honestly think england could have gone on to win the game if rooney hadnt been sent off.

even with ten men if lampard had been subbed off
coolsobs

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:26 am

i rekon he sould have played
-------Robinson----------
Neville-Ferdinand-Terry-a.Cole
        Hargreaves
                      Carrick
Lennon                         J.Cole

Gerrard
                         Crouch               :) similar to the formation liverpool play with sissoko and alonso
                                                  holding midfield and gerrard attacking this brings out the best in
                                                  Gerrard , and i would have dropped Lampard after the 1st two
                                                   games.
Kopite-Jud

Postby kobashi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:27 am

coolsobs wrote:You cant blame the formation cos if we had lost with a 4-4-2 people would still be blaming sven saying that gerrard and lampard cant play in a 4-4-2.
I honestly think england could have gone on to win the game if rooney hadnt been sent off.

even with ten men if lampard had been subbed off

i don't think so!  even with 11 men england were poor!
kobashi

Postby clik » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:31 am

One thing is for sure CHEATERS do prosper
figo- semi final
henry-semi final
grosso-semi final
COME ON GERMANY
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:50 am

Fu.ck england, they wernt good enough. End of.

Jib the postmortem of englands failure and concentrate on more important things ala liverpoolfc and who were signing this summer in a bid to bring the holy grail home :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:04 pm

why couldnt we play like we did agenst argentina last year :(
Kopite-Jud

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:05 pm

this is the liverpool thread people. not england.

but for what its worth:

rooney is unreliable and cost us that match

beckham isnt captain material (hes quit now, good)

sven hasnt got a clue

4 strikers? ??? only 2 fit, only 1 of which has played in the premiership

fat lampard is a shockingly bad player for his country

owen hargreaves is the only one really who came out of this with his head held high
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:16 pm

Mods is there any chance we can lock these England threads now, and get on with the real business of Lfc.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:55 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:why couldnt we play like we did agenst argentina last year :(

what get outplayed till argentina take off there best players!! :)
kobashi

Postby RAGE UK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:55 pm

Lionheart wrote:
RAGE UK wrote:
john craig wrote:
RAGE UK wrote:2nd was the poor refereeing we played against the reff to day as if he was the 12th Portugal on the filed.

I think that's bollox for a start.  Pretty much every side in the world cup has had to deal with poor refereeing decisions at some stage.  For example had it not been for a poor referee in the Portugal-Holland game then Deco might have played against England.

I don't think the ref in the England-Portugal game was bad actually.  Rooney had to go, I don't care what anyone else says.  He stamped on the lad and even if the ref didn't see that and sent him off for the push, he got what he deserved.  Apart from that there were no other controversial incidents involving the ref.

Erikkson's the reason England are out and everyone knows it.  It's easy to make him the scapegoat, but in all seriousness how did he not get beyond the quarters with the players at his disposal??  3 major tournaments, 3 quarter finals - the buck stops with the manager.

Rooney got sent off for the push not treading on the blueshits bollox m8.
Neville pushed a Portugal player seconds after in front of the reff should he have been sent off to?.
Thierry Henry went down in the box holding his face trying to get a penalty and a player sent off by the fifa world cup rules he should have diving and playacting and trying to get an opponent sent off should have got him sent off leaving no one to score the winning goal against the Germans.
figo head buts a player but because the reff did not see it he was not sent off then fifa look into it and because he got a yellow card did nothing about it he should not have been on the pitch.
16 YELLOW CARDS AND 3 RED CARDS IN ONE GAME.
Come on man the referring played the biggest part in destroying fair play in this world cup including the reff in our match a straight red for a push the reff did not see Rooney accidentally may I add tread on the man nuts ( did not see ) so sent him off for a push and that is not unfair?.

Moaner!!  ???    :no

There is allways someone with jack s-hit to say a lads.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:48 pm

I did say in one ot the earlier threads that Sven will cost England their best chance with arguably the golden generation of players who individually (thus in theory also) should be world beaters when blended correctly. This wealth of talents is better than '66.

Sven made the mistake of not taking an additional proven striker and a real holding midfielder like Dafoe or Bent and Scott Parker. Instead, he brought Walcott who he himself clearly does not trust enough. Then, he does not know what tactics to play, choosing to chop and change with every match.

I dare say that people like Rafa (for sure), Mourinho, Capello, Hitzfeld, Hiddink would have done better with this present England lot than Sven. How he conned his way into making the FA believe that he is a good manager, who strangely got a pay rise after flirting with Manure and Chelski (despite buying his way to the only one Scudetto with Lazio), I still can't come to terms.

Too bad for England, much worse for Gerrard and Carra with their self confidence after seeing their kicks saved. Gerrard need not despair as he is one of the very few England players who shone despite having to accommodate Sven's tactical restrictions on him and despite having to carry the very ineffective Lampard. Also, I feel for my English friends in this forum.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion