Out of the world cup - Why ?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby alxy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:14 pm

hopefully stevie and carra can gain back their confidence in time for this coming season.... if anything, this proves beyond a doubt that stevie g is miles ahead of fat lampa... lampa was horrible the whole world cup... guess he's only good when playing with a team like chelsea... flatters to deceive...
alxy

Postby puroresu » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:05 pm

How about the players just aint good enough.  Like Chris Waddle says not enough creativity, not enough skill and not enough technique.  Simple as that.
puroresu

Postby clik » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:49 pm

alxy wrote:hopefully stevie and carra can gain back their confidence in time for this coming season.... if anything, this proves beyond a doubt that stevie g is miles ahead of fat lampa... lampa was horrible the whole world cup... guess he's only good when playing with a team like chelsea... flatters to deceive...

fatboy only looks good for chelsea cos of Makelele who does the donkey work like Deschamps used to for France
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:04 pm

For the truth is that we are no better of than before Sven first arrived.

The sad fact of the matter is that we piled on the preassure on Rooney who is still a kid. He was obviously not ready for that sort of preassue despite any level of natural talent. Obviously im goingto be biased towards Liverpool but I also feel the choice of captinacy was silly aswell and the insistance of playing Beckham turned out to flop again. Anyone could see that Lennon was doing more in the little time he was on the pitch.

Ive heard that Stevie is odds on to take over as captain and fair play to him if he does.

As for our strikers, with all the preassure o Wayne he was always going to go to Germany fit or no fit but I just think had taken perhaps someone like Bent, Deofe or even Fowler the results would have been different.

We have very young team ready to step into the boots of a few of those players and I just hope that by the time we next walk into a major finals that we are better prepared.

PS Bad sportsmanship on the part of Ronaldo getting Rooney sent of like. I wonder if he done that beacsue perhaps he knows he will not be with the Mancs next years.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:05 pm

alxy wrote:hopefully stevie and carra can gain back their confidence in time for this coming season.... if anything, this proves beyond a doubt that stevie g is miles ahead of fat lampa... lampa was horrible the whole world cup... guess he's only good when playing with a team like chelsea... flatters to deceive...

Totally agree... Lampard has lost a hell of a lot of credibility now and Stevie G has proved once and for all that he is head and shoulders above him.

We're out of the tournament because we were p.iss poor up front... Rooney's a great player but he ain't Michael Owen in fact I believe it shows how good Owen really is (or was)... Rooney kept on tackling back and trying to get the ball but this left us completely empty up-front. On several occassions the ball was passed into an empty box.  Don't get me wrong - I aint blaming Rooney he tried his hardest but Sven made the biggest c.ock-up in English footballing history by taking a striker he had no intention of playing.  Bent and Defoe must be wondering what the f.uck they've done wrong, or any other proven English premiership goalscorer for that matter.

Roll on the new season and a bit of passion.
PhiLFC

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:10 pm

PhiLFC wrote:

Totally agree... Lampard has lost a hell of a lot of credibility now and Stevie G has proved once and for all that he is head and shoulders above him.

We're out of the tournament because we were p.iss poor up front... Rooney's a great player but he ain't Michael Owen in fact I believe it shows how good Owen really is (or was)... Rooney kept on tackling back and trying to get the ball but this left us completely empty up-front. On several occassions the ball was passed into an empty box.  Don't get me wrong - I aint blaming Rooney he tried his hardest but Sven made the biggest c.ock-up in English footballing history by taking a striker he had no intention of playing.  Bent and Defoe must be wondering what the f.uck they've done wrong, or any other proven English premiership goalscorer for that matter.

Yes you could be partly right about Walcott but thats no reason to say its :censored: up. Things could have turned out different and if we won the world cup and never used him would people still call his inclusion in the squad a :censored: up.

I seem to remember a young lad at the 94 world cup for Brazil who didnt step foot on the pitch. Oh yeah Ronaldo, that was him name.  :D
Last edited by tubby on Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:39 pm

bavlondon wrote:
PhiLFC wrote:

Yes you could be partly right about Walcott but thats no reason to say its :censored: up. Things could have turned out different and if we won the world cup and never used him would people still call his inclusion in the squad a :censored: up.

I seem to remember a young lad at the 94 world cup for Brazil who didnt step foot on the pitch. Oh yeah Ronaldo, that was him name.  :D

But in your previous post you said that if we would've taken Defoe, Bent or Fowler things might have gone differently!?

It was a c.ock-up of the highest order.  Sven's tactics were found wanting time and time again... we were rubbish.

What did Sven say time and time again? That "teams playing better football went home earlier than us" routine (ie Holland, Argentina etc)... at least they played with a passion that was by and large non-existent in the games England played.

I'm not having a go at you bavlondon but things didn't turn out differently and we never won the world cup because we were p.iss poor in scoring goals and you don't win football trophies at any level without scoring goals... rant over :buttrock
PhiLFC

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:22 pm

RAGE UK wrote:Yet again we are out of the world cup.

What do you think the reason was?

The players??.            The reffs??          Our manager??.

The 1st thing I think was the formation playing a 5 man midfield did not work it did not work in the game before. Rooney could not cope upfront alone he was getting more thrustrated as the game went on and we all know he is like a little time bomb. And so did (Cristiano Ronaldo).

So that’s down to that Swedish clown.

I also think the reffs have been so inconsistent thought-out the whole tournament 2006.
The diving the cheating has been so bad I think it out way any good play on the pitch.
England was 100% hindered by the reff .
The Chelsea player’s thoughtout this world cup must have clocked up more bookings then any other club.
arsenals heny was a complete disgrace a seen and proven cheat I used to like him but now I think he would fit into Chelsea’s team very nicely.

The players......
Owen for one was a complete waste of space like it or lump it he is a has been. Just not good enough for an England place.
lampard done what in this world cup nothing hit the ball at every opportunity 30 to 40 yards into nowhere land.
Rooney did jack apart from getting thrustrated and sent of but in saying that it was down to the Swedish fool for trying to play him as a lone striker.
Our peter crouch could I’m sure have taken England to the finals if he was played. He should have played as a 2nd striker with Rooney he would have picked up all the long balls and feed Rooney / gerrard.
Why on earth take Walcott? He had no intention of playing him.
David Beckham openly moaned about the heat. For god sakes he plays in the heat twice a week.

Some of the players played well like j Cole / a Cole / j terry /steve gerrard /lennon when he come on was working well.
I did not know what to think of Ferdinand I suppose he done his job but he seemed to just walk about and not exert himself at all.
There are players that I have not mentioned that did well and some not so well but I’m not going to name them all.

So I personally think the 1st to blame is Sven the manager a 5 man midfield cost us the game and near cost us the game before.

2nd was the poor refereeing we played against the reff to day as if he was the 12th Portugal on the filed.

And last of all England played the worst football of the whole world cup and was lucky to get to the last 8.

that’s just what I think now what do you think??

I couldnt give a flying :censored: about England being out.  As a matter of fact im happy that the Liverpool players can have a week longer on holiday before they meet up at melwood later this month.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby RAGE UK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:11 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
RAGE UK wrote:Yet again we are out of the world cup.

What do you think the reason was?

The players??.            The reffs??          Our manager??.

The 1st thing I think was the formation playing a 5 man midfield did not work it did not work in the game before. Rooney could not cope upfront alone he was getting more thrustrated as the game went on and we all know he is like a little time bomb. And so did (Cristiano Ronaldo).

So that’s down to that Swedish clown.

I also think the reffs have been so inconsistent thought-out the whole tournament 2006.
The diving the cheating has been so bad I think it out way any good play on the pitch.
England was 100% hindered by the reff .
The Chelsea player’s thoughtout this world cup must have clocked up more bookings then any other club.
arsenals heny was a complete disgrace a seen and proven cheat I used to like him but now I think he would fit into Chelsea’s team very nicely.

The players......
Owen for one was a complete waste of space like it or lump it he is a has been. Just not good enough for an England place.
lampard done what in this world cup nothing hit the ball at every opportunity 30 to 40 yards into nowhere land.
Rooney did jack apart from getting thrustrated and sent of but in saying that it was down to the Swedish fool for trying to play him as a lone striker.
Our peter crouch could I’m sure have taken England to the finals if he was played. He should have played as a 2nd striker with Rooney he would have picked up all the long balls and feed Rooney / gerrard.
Why on earth take Walcott? He had no intention of playing him.
David Beckham openly moaned about the heat. For god sakes he plays in the heat twice a week.

Some of the players played well like j Cole / a Cole / j terry /steve gerrard /lennon when he come on was working well.
I did not know what to think of Ferdinand I suppose he done his job but he seemed to just walk about and not exert himself at all.
There are players that I have not mentioned that did well and some not so well but I’m not going to name them all.

So I personally think the 1st to blame is Sven the manager a 5 man midfield cost us the game and near cost us the game before.

2nd was the poor refereeing we played against the reff to day as if he was the 12th Portugal on the filed.

And last of all England played the worst football of the whole world cup and was lucky to get to the last 8.

that’s just what I think now what do you think??

I couldnt give a flying :censored: about England being out.  As a matter of fact im happy that the Liverpool players can have a week longer on holiday before they meet up at melwood later this month.

For the ones out there with big mouths and the ones that don’t like some threads.
Do your self’s a favour if you don’t like it don’t read it and don’t reply to it.

and for the ones that don’t give a flying t-oss about England’s team even if it dose have a hand full of Liverpool players trying there best for us English supporters.

We do give a flying f-u-ck ok.
We don’t give a flying f-u-ck what you have got to say ok.

liverpool is an english football club with english players and :censored: loads of english people that do give a to-ss about our english players playing in the most important tounament in the world.

SO WE DO GIVE A :censored: OK.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Mikz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:24 pm

:laugh: dry yer eyes
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:52 am

Out of the world cup, Why ?

1- Poor overpaid unmotivated manager.

2- Negative tactics preventing the team from killing off opposition.

3- Failure to use the "dirty tricks" that seem to go unnoticed by refs.

4- Overeliance on high balls into the penalty area.

5- Lack of cohesion. The squad don't play enough games together and are rotated to absurd levels due to Ericksson's contempt for friendlies.

6- Failure to "close down" opposition players. Allowing them far too much room when in possession.

7- Poor squad selection. Walcott, Jenas etc...(pointless selections) Rooney (too easy to provoke) Owen (played far too little football since leaving LFC) among others.

8- A mental block with penalities. England players THINK they are going to lose, and inevitably they do. If you think you'll fail, you will.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:09 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Out of the world cup, Why ?

1- Poor overpaid unmotivated manager.

2- Negative tactics preventing the team from killing off opposition.

3- Failure to use the "dirty tricks" that seem to go unnoticed by refs.

4- Overeliance on high balls into the penalty area.

5- Lack of cohesion. The squad don't play enough games together and are rotated to absurd levels due to Ericksson's contempt for friendlies.

6- Failure to "close down" opposition players. Allowing them far too much room when in possession.

7- Poor squad selection. Walcott, Jenas etc...(pointless selections) Rooney (too easy to provoke) Owen (played far too little football since leaving LFC) among others.

8- A mental block with penalities. England players THINK they are going to lose, and inevitably they do. If you think you'll fail, you will.

There's the answer, close the thread.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:26 am

Three good things have/will come from this World Cup campaign:

1. Sven "The useless w*nker" Eriksson is no longer the Manager. Thank Christ.

2. Ricardo Carvalho got the kick in the nuts every football fan wished they could give him, the dirty, cheating, ugly f*cking whore.

3. The World and his donkey now know that Fat Frank B*stard Lampard is the most overrated, worthless pile of sh*te ever to don a football shirt.
May his a*se be infested by the fleas of a thousand camels.

Apparantly, Moris was getting twitchy about the limelight beinbg away from him, and wrote an article for some paper (my mate told me, but I can't remember which one) rating the England players.
That demented bag of week-old, festering weasel W*nk actually said;
"Even when he (Fat Frank) isn't playing at his best, he's still better than everyone else in the team".

Proof, if ever it were needed, that those two should be burnt at the stake.

I will gladly light the f*cking touch paper, too.

B*stards. :angry: :angry: :angry: :D :angry:
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:52 am

bedlovedays wrote:That chance, a cross, came to crouch and he was standing behind the defender, as he has done since the beginning of the season. 

One of the reasons why i am not a crouch fan.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:59 am

England is out because it went to penalties. Just a fact of life that England do not win on penalties.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion