Out of the world cup - Why ?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby blur » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:19 am

I completely agree with Lando...

England is out not because it went to penalties... it shouldn't have...if that FAT FU*KER converted half the chances available to him that night (i count at least 4)

Moreover, he seemed clueless and listless on field... he had poor mobility, no imagination (only knew to pass the ball back to the back 4), poor shooting(what was it? 26 shots on goal - 0 converted?), horrendous defending (IMO his direct mistakes almost caused 3 goals)... when Rooney was sent off it felt like we were playing 9 men against 12 (i'm sure the ref hated england). Needless to say, me mate and I were completely disgusted with his performance throughout.

I can't begin to imagine why he's rated as a player. I can't believe he's got the No. 8 shirt. He's done fook-all all tournament aside from f*ck up. I wonder if he'll stay on the england squad when mclaren takes over...

and after watching the portugal match confirmed my suspicions. Ronaldo was his sister's son.
Last edited by blur on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
blur

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:25 am

john craig wrote:
RAGE UK wrote:2nd was the poor refereeing we played against the reff to day as if he was the 12th Portugal on the filed.

I think that's bollox for a start.  Pretty much every side in the world cup has had to deal with poor refereeing decisions at some stage.  For example had it not been for a poor referee in the Portugal-Holland game then Deco might have played against England.

I don't think the ref in the England-Portugal game was bad actually.  Rooney had to go, I don't care what anyone else says.  He stamped on the lad and even if the ref didn't see that and sent him off for the push, he got what he deserved.  Apart from that there were no other controversial incidents involving the ref.

Erikkson's the reason England are out and everyone knows it.  It's easy to make him the scapegoat, but in all seriousness how did he not get beyond the quarters with the players at his disposal??  3 major tournaments, 3 quarter finals - the buck stops with the manager.

JC, carvalho needed a stamp in his bollox, if anyone deserves it, its him. secondly the ref was wrong for the sending off, and thirdly, why did ronaldo wink towards scolari, moments after the sending off !!

The aftermath was planned to antagonise rooney into being sent off. The bollox stamp didnt look intentional, even in slow-mo.

Remember, carvalho committed 16 fouls, all of which went unpunished. Perhaps carvalho shouldda gone even before rooney ??

There are many decisions in that game that went un-noticed (hand ball by the portugese in penalty area), so its swings and roundabouts, but i feel we were harshly treated.

IMO
Last edited by Judge on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:28 am

Get over it move on.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phiber » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:41 am

RAGE UK wrote:Yet again we are out of the world cup.

What do you think the reason was?

The players??.            The reffs??          Our manager??.

not the poor ref surely.
blame your overhyped but average players
the coach,nah he did a good job considering what he had to work with Image
phiber

Postby clik » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:52 am

phiber wrote:

not the poor ref surely.

MODS any chance of blockin this anti-english junk after all we are an English club with english players
Phiber are you sayin then the L/pool players who represent this great country of mine are average?
if you had a valid arguement instead of just bein a pr ick maybe you'd get a sensible reply
:no
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby 2520years » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:55 am

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I'd have brought James on instead of Carra.  For all his faults he's intimidating in shoot-outs and a good shot-stopper.  Our penalties were so rubbish anyway it probably wouldn't have made any difference.

It's funny how that practising penalties debate has slunk into the background, seeing as England practised penalties and still lost.  (I think it does help, but, of course, doesn't guarantee anything.)

I bet the FA are mostly gutted that they didn't have the satisfaction of sacking Sven.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:37 am

Judge wrote:JC, carvalho needed a stamp in his bollox, if anyone deserves it, its him.

Well I 100% agree with that part of your post Judge :laugh:

But seriously, even on the replay I think it looked like Rooney meant to stamp on Carvalho.  Just from his body shape at the time, I don't think there was any need to put his foot where he did, unless of course he knew Carvalho was lying there.  Let's not kid ourselves here, we know exactly what Rooney is like, he is a bad tempered boy when things aren't going his way.  He may not have deliberately aimed for Carvalho's nuts, but I'm convinced he meant to stand on him.

Although it is a fair point that Carvalho should have been off for persistent fouling even before that, but he gets away with it every game, it wasn't just yesterday.  And I won't condone Ronaldo's actions, he's a disgrace and if I was Rooney I'd lay him out when I got back to United.

Overall I think England are clutching at straws if they want to blame the ref.  He may not have been the best in the world, but he's far from the worst
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:40 am

clik wrote:
phiber wrote:

not the poor ref surely.

MODS any chance of blockin this anti-english junk after all we are an English club with english players
Phiber are you sayin then the L/pool players who represent this great country of mine are average?
if you had a valid arguement instead of just bein a pr ick maybe you'd get a sensible reply

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, even if it is against England. Surely you do not want the forum to be exclusive for ENglish people! right?

I'm not saying this to defend the shi*ty post that turned you on. I know it's a provocation, but it is wiser to simply ignore it ... in two days the stupid provocator will no longer post on this forum ...

As for phiber ... my guess is you are one of the so many people who just do not know how to behave when they win. Football is not always right, but I bet in the semis it will be, and France will get to the final :buttrock: so be it!
radun5

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:40 am

john craig wrote:Well I 100% agree with that part of your post Judge :laugh:

But seriously, even on the replay I think it looked like Rooney meant to stamp on Carvalho.  Just from his body shape at the time, I don't think there was any need to put his foot where he did, unless of course he knew Carvalho was lying there.  Let's not kid ourselves here, we know exactly what Rooney is like, he is a bad tempered boy when things aren't going his way.  He may not have deliberately aimed for Carvalho's nuts, but I'm convinced he meant to stand on him.

Although it is a fair point that Carvalho should have been off for persistent fouling even before that, but he gets away with it every game, it wasn't just yesterday.  And I won't condone Ronaldo's actions, he's a disgrace and if I was Rooney I'd lay him out when I got back to United.

Overall I think England are clutching at straws if they want to blame the ref.  He may not have been the best in the world, but he's far from the worst

Agree with John C can we all move on now?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phiber » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:42 am

clik wrote:MODS any chance of blockin this anti-english junk after all we are an English club with english players

let me think Image
liverpool just happens to be in engeland but its very much irish...you better ask somebody ooot!

How do you expect the liverpool players to perform in such circumstances.Gerrard had to put up with lamps,crouch had to babysit walcott and carra had becks infront of im and rio besides him.
phiber

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:58 am

England is away, for the same reason Spain is away and Brazil is away, because they were favourites, and because they were expected to attack.

A solid defence is what's winning matches. France has 6 defensive beasts behind the ball under any circunstamce. England, Spain and Brazil didn't. Italy might not be showy, but it's a pleasure to see them defending, enven with 10 men.

Of course luck also counts and it seems obvious England hadn't the confidence on their side when they reached penalties.

Hard luck. Sorry for England, to be honest.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:29 am

I think we were TOO defensive.  We didn't concede a goal in open play in six games, only the two corners against Sweden.  On the other hand we only scored six goals in six games.

We should have played 4-4-2 against Portugal, but went for the more defensive 4-5-1 formation.  I reckon we'd have got a goal with Crouch and Roo up front...of course on the day everything was different.
:(
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:08 pm

The brutal truth is that England were really over hyped and people bought into it. Remember their is huge money to be made (travel agents, pubs, bookies, merchandise, TVs , advertising, ratings etc) from convincing the public that they have a great chance of winning.

Some even believed Englands midfield was the best in the tournament, I said many times that Lampard and Gerrard couldnt' play together and that Beckham offers nothing but the big reputations obscured this. England didn't play a single good game and didn't beat a single good or even average team. ONe prediction I got right was that England would go out at the quarter final stage.

I also said that Englands "problem" is more complicated that a single player or manager. England have NEVER traveled to a tournament and even make the final - never mind win the thing.

I don't have the answer (if I did I'd bottle it and make a fortune) but I think more players need to play abroad and that as long as the premiership is fast and furious then England will be too poor technically to win a competition.

I was watching it with a bunch of English folk so was cheering you on but the english mentality just doesn't seem to do penalties - the only scorer had German blood.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Big Niall wrote:I was watching it with a bunch of English folk so was cheering you on but the english mentality just doesn't seem to do penalties - the only scorer had German blood.

And even his pen was almost saved. I think Ricardo had a menta; edge over the takers tbh, he knew he had beat them in Euro 2004 and was confident he could do it again.

He has come out and said that he knew where every England player was going to place their shot as he saw their eyes as they were about to strike it. Whether you believe that or not is up to you, but he did guess right every single time, and that has to be more than luck. He is the first keeper ever in a World Cup to save 3 pens I believe (obviously that doesn't inlcude when players miss ala Baggio)
Last edited by LFC #1 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviec » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:42 pm

What would everyone have said if the Portugese had missed 3 Pens and Stevie G, Carra, and Lumplard had scored theirs, They would be national heroes. But their only crime was on the day they were off --big time, can happen to anyone, just ask Shevchenko, Cambiasso, Larssen, all top drawer players who have missed from the spot.  I also believe that during a match, Only the captain, should be allowed to speak to the ref, if any one else did ---  yellow card, and waving an imaginary card at the ref-- yellow card ( + a kick in the stones).  Diving has to be stamped out, its digraceful to see fully grown men writhing on the ground screaming. Have they never seen rugby? or the Irish Game Gaelic- they are hard bas*ards.
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion