Mourinho: don't play crouch

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:56 pm

sorry if this has been posted

Jose Mourinho has warned England not to play Peter Crouch against Portugal in their World Cup quarter final on Saturday.

The Chelsea chief has a foot in both camps and an inside knowledge of the two teams.

Mourinho feels that playing Crouch would be an error due to Ricardo Carvalho's ability to contain the giant Liverpool forward.

"In the games against Liverpool, I believe Carvalho devoured the information about the opponents and their way of playing," said Mourinho.

"In the Champions League game, he gave an excellent performance.

"There was no time and space and Liverpool tried to solve that with direct play to Crouch, but Carvalho was impeccable in that unequal fight against a giant who makes it difficult.

"In the next match, Carvalho had an astonishing game - he closed down on Crouch's movements, won everything by anticipation, adapted to the jumping distance when making him and won everything in the air, came away with the ball to begin attacking moves, always with accurate passes.

"He showed great concentration and intelligence to push the team forward."

-------------------

So what do you think?

I say this will be very different, if Crouch plays against Portugal he would add ariel threat and would be a distraction to carvalho making rooney much more dangerous.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:59 pm

i think Mourinho should shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :D
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby 2520years » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:03 pm

I wouldn't take much notice.  He's not got a foot in both camps at all, he wants Portugal to win.  I'd play Crouch and ignore Maureen.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:08 pm

Id slap Maureen in the face with abig wet fish, then see crouch score a hat trick against his 'players'.

funny how maureem didnt say not to play fat frank as fat frank is fat and, to be frank... sh!t
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:16 pm

It sounds like Mourinho just wants to have another sly dig at Liverpool by using England as a channel to do so. I don't think that Crouch will start but you never know, he mite well do. I kinda agree with Mourinho about not playing Crouch, but not because Ricardo Carvalho is this great defender, but because when Crouch plays England play one dimensional football. But whether England play Crouch or not doesn't really matter, I can't see England getting past Portugal.
48-1119859832

Postby mitch22 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Just remember crouch can do anything lol.....
so go and suck an a egg maureen and prepare fat Frank Lamplards slimfast for next season  :rasp
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:47 pm

Mourinho is spouting rubbish.  Carvalho couldn't contain Crouch at all this season.  In fact in two of the games he should have been sent off for his persistent fouling of Crouch.  If 'containing' Crouch means kicking his ankles from behind repeatedly then maybe Mourinho is correct.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:03 pm

john craig wrote:Mourinho is spouting rubbish.  Carvalho couldn't contain Crouch at all this season.  In fact in two of the games he should have been sent off for his persistent fouling of Crouch.  If 'containing' Crouch means kicking his ankles from behind repeatedly then maybe Mourinho is correct.

My thoughts exactly JC , if the Refs are consistent Carvalho is odds on to get at least 2 yellows and his marching orders if he tries to play against Crouch the way he has in recent meetings.

Bring on Crouchy   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:07 pm

Fuck Maureen, he sounds worried, and knows Portugal will shit if Crouch plays.
Crouch to score the winner  :nod
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:24 pm

oh boy, i hope this arrogant idiot never leaves chelsea. make spanking them so much sweeter. :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:43 pm

Who about does Morriño talk about in the EPL? Liverpool, and the teams he's frightened of. What's his purpose? try to unsettle the rival.

Who's supporting Morriño in that game? Portugal. So which team will he talk about ? England.

Conclussion: Play Crouch.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:31 am

let's break his balls:D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby radun5 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:21 am

My first impression on this was "who tf is Mouninho to tell another coach (no matter how stupid is Eriksson) not to play a certain player". I mean, this is a lot of disrespect to Sven, to Crouch and to the whole England in my opinion. It happens sometimes in my country (Romania), but we are supposed to be balcanic.

Sc*rew the moaning :censored: ! I hope England will finally come good and beat the cheating Portuguese  :buttrock:
radun5

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:25 pm

I love the fact that some of you get so wound up by Mourinho. Whilst you aren't exactly his target audience, he's a wind up merchant. Clearly he strikes home more than some would be prepared to admit.

As to the game, allowing for playing Hargreaves in midfield, I would drop Lampard and play Crouch. Rooney drops deep in any event (as does to a lesser extent Crouch, but he would have to keep his discipline) which in some respects negates Lampards game. This would also (hopefully) bring out the best in Gerrard.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:00 pm

stmichael wrote:I love the fact that some of you get so wound up by Mourinho. Whilst you aren't exactly his target audience, he's a wind up merchant. Clearly he strikes home more than some would be prepared to admit.

As to the game, allowing for playing Hargreaves in midfield, I would drop Lampard and play Crouch. Rooney drops deep in any event (as does to a lesser extent Crouch, but he would have to keep his discipline) which in some respects negates Lampards game. This would also (hopefully) bring out the best in Gerrard.

Exactly, if Crouch wasn't playing for a main rival of Chelsea's he wouldn't mutter a word on the issue. Wind-up.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion