Red this - Mourinho

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri May 28, 2004 11:12 am

Apparently Mourinho is flying in to London today for talks with Chelsea.

It is strange that Ranieri hasn't been sacked yet.

Even we got rid of Houlllier quicker........what gives?

My theory is that Kenyon is trying to haggle Ranieri out of the £6million compensation he's allegedley due and Ranieiri is digging his heels in over it (and more power to him).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Fri May 28, 2004 11:21 am

Must admit, something doesn't add up at Chelsea. I can't believe Ranieri is still there. It's almost as if Kenyon is seeing how far he can push him till he resigns. Has a manager ever been treated more shabbily by his club? If Chelsea want to be universally hated like the mancs then they are going the right way about it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri May 28, 2004 12:26 pm

Chelsea's treatment of Ranieri is an absolute disgrace.

Apparently they summoned him back from Italy for a meeting on players contracts, yet nothing was (allegedly) said about his own situation.

All the same, I think Ranieiri will get the boot next week and be replaced with Mourinho.

I have my fingers crossed that Mourinho won't reach agreement with Chelsea when he meets them this weekend and we get him.

Remember, the guy walked out of Benfica due to interference from the club president. However, at £4million a year he'll probably allow Abramovich to pick the side and play Carlo Cudicini up front if he wants to!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat May 29, 2004 6:08 am

For all of Maurinho's very astute tacticial acumen, as demonstrated in Porto's progress in the Champions' League, I think Benitez would make a better Liverpool manager between the 2 as Valencia really plays the same philosophy of the Liverpool and the AC Milan teams of the great past eras.

Let Chelski have him, we would still have a man who is a great tactician, only shaded by Maurinho, with a team who plays better and have better ethics. As much as I admire what Porto have achieved, they are a bunch of cheats and would resort to gamesmanship at a drop of a hat. Witness how many times Drelei or some other team mates have done this in the Champions League and also in the UEFA Cup last season. It is not the coach who does this but if his players did so in so many games and he did not really stop them from doing so, does that not imply that he had somehow condoned this behaviour. Make no mistake that Maurinho is an excellent coach, but then so is Benitez.

Liverpool is not a club of cheaters.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion