Maradona gets argentina job - How long will this last.....

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:30 pm

"After Friday's visit to United's Carrington training ground, Maradona is expected to meet Liverpool midfielder Mascherano and his manager Rafael Benitez."

OMG I'm soooo excited - Diego Diego Diego - gawd wish I could be at Melwood for this !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AkifDede » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Maradona's son plays River Plate. Maybe national team? :D
AkifDede

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:06 pm

MARADONA VISITS MELWOOD
Jimmy Rice 07 November 2008 
  New Argentina boss Diego Maradona visited Melwood this afternoon for talks with Rafa Benitez and Javier Mascherano. 
The trio discussed Mascherano's role for his country under the new regime.

Benitez said: "It was difficult for me to see him because all our players were very excited about him being here.

"We had a meeting to talk about the future of Mascherano with the national team and a few ideas.

"It was a very positive meeting."

One of the items sure to have been discussed was the possibility of Mascherano taking the captain's armband for his country.

Maradona has made no secret of his desire to make the Liverpool man his skipper, while Mascherano admits it would be 'an honour' to lead his nation.

However, no official announcement has yet been made.

Benitez added: "They will now meet again with Javier and it will depend on him.

"He has a fantastic mentality, a strong character and he's a good professional. If he wants he can be a fantastic captain."
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 pm

BUENOS AIRES, Nov 10 (Reuters) - Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has agreed to captain Argentina under new coach Diego Maradona.

"I've convinced him," Maradona told Radio La Red after returning from a six-day trip to Europe during which he visited a number of his top players.

"I explained to him what I thought about him and told him what I thought he could give the team."

Mascherano, 24, initially said he did not feel ready to take on the responsibility.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:59 pm

s@int wrote:   
Benitez said: "It was difficult for me to see him because all our players were very excited about him being here.

:oh: anno Gerrard has a pic of him in his locker - imagine meeting such a legend  :bowdown

shows what excitement he still resonates am,ongst the stars of today - imagine Masch must have felt so proud ay  :)

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:00 pm

breaking news: capello sacked and replaced by gazza  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm

wrong thread 'spongebob'

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

New Argentina boss Diego Maradona visited Melwood this afternoon for talks with Rafa Benitez and Javier Mascherano. 

The trio discussed Mascherano's role for his country under the new regime - but only after Gerrard and co clamoured to shake Maradona's hand. :D :laugh: luv it

"Two of our 'stars' came over and got his autograph. Then after, another 15 players came in saying they wanted to have a photo with him. But he was very good, nice and patient with everyone, so it was a very good experience.

"There was Gerrard, Carra, Keane, Alonso - his father played with Maradona when he was with Barcelona. Then Pepe Reina and also some young players. You could see Insua, Spearing, Flynn - all sorts of players."

The boss added: "We had a meeting to talk about the future of Mascherano with the national team and a few ideas.

"It was a very positive meeting."

One of the items sure to have been discussed was the possibility of Mascherano taking the captain's armband for his country.

Maradona has made no secret of his desire to make the Liverpool man his skipper, while Mascherano admits it would be 'an honour' to lead his nation.

However, no official announcement has yet been made.

Benitez added: "They will now meet again with Javier and it will depend on him.

"He has a fantastic mentality, a strong character and he's a good professional. If he wants he can be a fantastic captain." 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....430.htm

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Reds manager Rafa Benitez said: "I was having a discussion with Maradona in my office, but it was very difficult. There was a constant stream of our biggest players wanting to meet him. Probably our two most famous were first in the queue."  :D :laugh:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Liverpool FC starstruck as Diego Maradona visits Anfield for talks with Javier Mascherano
Nov 8 2008 by Our Correspondent, Daily Post

NEW Argentina boss Diego Maradona held talks yesterday with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and his captain-elect Javier Mascherano.

Maradona brought Liverpool’s Melwood HQ to a standstill, with the Reds’ star-stuck players queuing outside Benitez’s office to have their pictures taken with one of the world’s greatest players.

Benitez said: “I was having a discussion with Maradona in my office, but it was very difficult.

“There was a constant stream of our biggest players wanting to meet him.”

Benitez said: “Maradona was great, he was very patient with all the requests. Even some of (Jamie) Carragher’s family turned up. :D :laugh:

“Xabi Alonso also wanted to meet him, his father had played alongside Maradona at Barcelona.”

Maradona spent almost two hours at the training ground, and held talks with Mascherano regarding the possibility of him captaining Argentina.
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Scotland prepare for the Maradona X factor

George Burley has told his Scotland players to prepare for global attention at Hampden Park a week today when the appearance of Diego Maradona in the visiting dug-out will add excitement to the friendly visit of Argentina.

Maradona's appointment as Argentina's manager has prompted media applications from as far afield as Fiji and Australia for the encounter and up to 450 journalists are expected to descend on Glasgow. Lionel Messi is a notable exception from Maradona's first squad while Burley named his own, 26-man party yesterday.

"It is now a huge game because of the Maradona factor and Argentina will want to make a positive impression on him," said Scotland's manager. "All the eyes of the world will be on this game. Am I disappointed Messi won't play? If he did I would need to play with three left-backs."

Burley could not resist a dig at his assistant, Terry Butcher, who played in the infamous match between England and Argentina at the 1986 World Cup. "When Terry gets to the bench on Wednesday, it is the nearest he will have got to Maradona," said a smiling Burley, who faced a teenage Maradona when Argentina visited Hampden in 1979, a match in which the Argentinian scored his first international goal. "He was amazing. He could run quicker with the ball than without it. The players are all looking forward to playing against the Argentina team of today, players like Sergio Aguero and Javier Mascherano. And it is a big game for Maradona, his first game. He will be coaching his players to go out and play on the ball, to take people on and dribble with it."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....gentina

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:47 am

Maradona might quit if he doesnt get his choice of coach.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:10 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Maradona might quit if he doesnt get his choice of coach.

And so the farce begins...?
JamCar05

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:19 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:Maradona might quit if he doesnt get his choice of coach.

And so the farce begins...?

now they say all is well  :D  report
maypaxvobiscum

Postby zarababe » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:18 pm

And he arrives - ohhhhh legend

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7732113.stm

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<