Lionel messi > diego maradona ? - Similar goals....

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:44 am

Oh shut up will yous.  Peewee, YOU don't have to respond to every post if his.   

That's tedious.

Brilliant goal, but nowhere near as good as Maradona's goal.
jonnymac1979

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:59 am

I agree Jonnymac, in Maradona's goal the changes of rythm were more impressive, and the tackles he avoided were harder. Still, a superb goal as I've said before.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:04 am

Agree with Jmac, fantastic goal but not in the same class as Maradona's, the lads a genius though and based on what he has shown so far he is the closest thing we have since to Diego.
If he can steer clear of the things that blighted Maradona's career then he could easily go on and influence world cup matches in the same sort of fashion imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 am

I don’t want to go into the technicalities of it because I’m not the best at trying to explain them, but it just appears that he had more of a free run to goal than what Maradona had, maybe the defenders backed off him, and never had it in their minds that they were in danger of conceding a goal.  Maradona went past players who didn’t have a clue how to jockey him or play him.  He couldn’t have been hacked down with the best intentions by Reid, Fenwick and Butcher.  He was too quick for that and would have and did jump out of the way of them. 

Although the similarities to the two goals are obvious, and yes, you can definitely compare the two, I’ll have to watch Messi’s goal a bit more if I’m to comment any more.  And I can’t cause I’m in work and I’ve a meeting to prepare for!!!

Already, I’ve had two e-mails off mates this morning who actually sat up and watched the Barca game last night on TV and I quote my mate here “Barca were pure class and I definitely saw the goal of the season in all leagues.”

Messi should be proud of himself, you’re doing something very, very right if you’re getting one of your goals compared to what’s considered  by most football watchers as the greatest goal of all time.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:37 am

Fantastic goal.

Messi got lucky with the final defender as the ball seemed to run away from him temporarily only for the defender to dive in to early. Still, in football you make your own luck.

Great goal, one of the best I've seen.

I agree with John about Maradona's, though. Maradona injected a burst of pace into his that was exceptional.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:03 am

Sabre wrote:Yes it is!! and it's finished with his right foot which is his worst foot! absolutely top drawer stuff. But too early to say he's greater than Maradona. :)

I dont think the topic started actually compared the players mate or said that Messi was greater. He just said the goal was identical.

That was a truly great goal from Messi, similar to that of Maradonna's.

Note: I am not comparing the two players.

:blush:  Sorry just read the rest of the thread, and somebody has already said what I said to Sabre.

Note: I must read the entire thread before commenting on something.  :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:48 am

Well, fair enough. It's not important is it? I read the topic title, understood it as a comparison, and answered. It's a matter of how you understand it.

The goal itself reminds the Maradona one. That's for sure. The Spanish commentator mentioned the Maradona goal, so did the Arab one of the other thread (it's the only thing I understood Maradona :laugh: ). I think we ALL remembered the famous Maradona goal when we watched that.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:08 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1r5c9_comparativa-gol-de-messi-y-maradona
puroresu

Postby grayghost » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:19 pm

If messi goal was on a bigger stage like Maradona was then i would say his was better he had to take on 2 players just to get room to run at the defence from the halfway blow them off for pace took on the last 2 defenders with some silky skills and even took on the keeper and scored plus there was 2 megs on the way, total class. gona be the best in about 2 seasons.
grayghost

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:26 pm

Great goal, should be right up there for goal of the season
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:23 pm

dawson99 wrote:well messis not a fat cheating overweight drug taker...so that puts him in good stead for the future...

fecking fantastic goal!!!

:angry:
Messi scored against the equivalent of walsall and Diego is the greatest FOOTBALLER OK  :angry:

:) how ya doin Dawsonio  :D

But seriously rate Messi - he wore them cheeky boots during the WC referring to Diego's first goal against Walsa.. opps Engerland lol - many have been labelled the new Maradona as is inevitable when such a genius emerges from a football-mad nation. Messi could be the real deal - I hope so cos I long to see the genius of Maradona again in my life-time.
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Here is again - both goals against walsall-type opposition :D

http://www.dailymotion.com/video....y-marad
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:26 pm

grayghost wrote:If messi goal was on a bigger stage like Maradona was then i would say his was better he had to take on 2 players just to get room to run at the defence from the halfway blow them off for pace took on the last 2 defenders with some silky skills and even took on the keeper and scored plus there was 2 megs on the way, total class. gona be the best in about 2 seasons.

If Messi's goal was on a bigger stage it would of been against better players so less likely to happen.
Also Maradon at the start of his goal does an unbelievable turn to make the initial space.
Maradona's was a class above without doubt.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:29 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/2946249/video/x751j_golazo-maradona-a-inglaterra/1

Great commentray - these south american commentators know how to celebrate goals :D awesome - wonder if Rafa can entice one of he's mates for the LFC channell.. gol gol gol gol el gerrrrrrrrrrrrrard ! :D
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:34 pm

F**k  Maradona. This isnt about that cheating c.unt.

Messi scored one of the greatest goals seen for a long, long while. End of. Get over it. Who gives a s.hit if it was against Getafe, Gillingham, Germany or friggin Glentoran. The lad is and more pertinently WILL become one of the worlds footballing legends. (for what its worth DM goal in the world cup does indeed rightly stand out as a goal of the highest possible rank - if not THE single most individual effort ever witnessed). Any fool can realise that.

But, Lionel Messi (In his own right) is capable of reaching a similar level ultimately. And what he did last night is testament to that progression.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion