Fifa World Cup 2014

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby laza » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:46 am

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:28 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:14 pm wrote:Atleast france might win a game this time round

How the fk does a team that squeaked into the finals get into a  group that surely gives them a walk through to the next round whilst others that performed much better in qualifying are faced with some far tougher opposition in their "assigned" group ?

Unfuckingbelievable  :angry:

Compare the group that France are in

Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

to the one that England are in

Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

IMO the fix is already in , fk off Platini and the rest of the hogs with their noses in the trough  :veryangry

Isnt one of factors that Switzerland have taken full advantage of rather dubious friendly game seeding system. Boosting their standing by fact they didn't play many friendlies
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:34 am

laza » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:14 pm wrote:Atleast france might win a game this time round

How the fk does a team that squeaked into the finals get into a  group that surely gives them a walk through to the next round whilst others that performed much better in qualifying are faced with some far tougher opposition in their "assigned" group ?

Unfuckingbelievable  :angry:

Compare the group that France are in

Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

to the one that England are in

Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

IMO the fix is already in , fk off Platini and the rest of the hogs with their noses in the trough  :veryangry

Isnt one of factors that Switzerland have taken full advantage of rather dubious friendly game seeding system. Boosting their standing by fact they didn't play many friendlies

Friendlies shouldn't be counted, only competitive games during qualification should go towards seeding. Yes I agree the change in the draw definitely favoured France as they would have been the lowest seeded European team and would have been in with one of the SA teams, was very dubious. Saying that, England have had pretty easy groups in previous WC but still struggle a bit by starting slowly, they will have to be on their game from the off this time.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:35 am

Fifa's seeding system fully explained, interesting read. I didn't realise that Switzerland were seeded and Holland weren't because Holland played a friendly against Indonesia which lowered their overall point average on number of games played.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:33 pm

AHAHAHA ENGLAND!  :wwww  :laugh:

Suarezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 am

Boocity » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:34 pm[/url]"]
laza » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 am wrote:

Friendlies shouldn't be counted, only competitive games during qualification should go towards seeding. , .[/quote]

They shouldn't but they do and considering FIFA always trying to spruik this as the World game. I would have thought the total lack of incentive of larger internationals teams to play smaller teams during the World Cup because of this seeding wouldn't be helping to promote the game around the globe
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:47 pm

With the World Cup only 3 or 4 months away I wonder if any players have managed to gate crash hodgsons bestXI?
Before the season started I reckon if you'd have asked most people to name England's best XI they would have come up with a list containing the usual suspects (cole, lampard etc) but I think quite a few players have thrown their hats into the ring with their performances this season. I'd like to see Hodgson ditch that 4-4-2 (fat chance I know) and go for something like this -

Hart

Walker.            Cahill.         Jagielka.           Baines

Gerrard.       Hendo

Sterling.         Rooney.       Barkley

Sturridge

I don't rate walker but Johnson is playing awful and at least walker has genuine pace which may come in handy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:42 pm

If Roy has balls, he would drop Ashley Cole. Bring Gibbs and Baines along, and perhaps consider Luke Shaw. The England team is better without players like Cole, Terry, Ferdinand and Lampard. I won't be surprised to see Cleverly, Smalling and Welbeck head to Brazil though, simply because of who they play for. Would rather see Lambert, Lallana and Caulker honestly.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:47 pm wrote:With the World Cup only 3 or 4 months away I wonder if any players have managed to gate crash hodgsons bestXI?
Before the season started I reckon if you'd have asked most people to name England's best XI they would have come up with a list containing the usual suspects (cole, lampard etc) but I think quite a few players have thrown their hats into the ring with their performances this season. I'd like to see Hodgson ditch that 4-4-2 (fat chance I know) and go for something like this -

Hart

Gerrard.       Hendo

Sturridge

I don't rate walker but Johnson is playing awful and at least walker has genuine pace which may come in handy.

Replace Hendo with Wilshere and Barkley with Lallana and you have your starting 11. Walcott would have probably been picked over Sterling if he weren't injured but things being as they are I expect Sterling to be England's first choice right wing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Rather have Barkley than Lallana and I'd rather see a grafter next to gerrard than another flair player like wilshire.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:47 pm wrote:With the World Cup only 3 or 4 months away I wonder if any players have managed to gate crash hodgsons bestXI?

Hart

Gerrard.       Hendo

Sturridge

I actually like the look of that team. Well the majority of it anyway. Walker like you say isnt great but I am struggling to think of an alternative.
I think Sterling should ne nailed on if he stays fit and in this form. He has been outstanding and his work rate when you havent got the ball for a forward player is what England will need.
Barkley is also a top young player and someone if they have sense that they should be looking to build the side around for the future.
The only question mark so far on me about him is his decision making but hopefully that improves with experience of big games.
If Cleverley is near the side then we might as well not bother watching. The lad offers nothing at all but for some strange reason is a favourite of Hodgson. Hopefully the fact that he's not been playing for united much will ensure he doesnt even make the plane.
Lallana I am sure will go and him and Wilshere for me would be decent options if we wanted to change the midfield later in the game.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Read somewhere that Cleverley considered himself to be the best at side-ways passing and that he would have been considered a God were he playing in Spain  :laugh:. Not in these exact words but something along the lines.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:04 pm

The likes of Cleverly, Wellbeck and Milner will be shoe in's for the squad, this is Roy Hodgson we are talking about here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:29 pm

I actually think Milner has something to offer for England. He's a good player to bring off the bench.

Anyway, I'm not really looking forward to this World Cup very much. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I'm American and we don't usually do much, but I hate the way it distracts from the professional leagues. Last world cup was so poor as well, it just wasn't that great to watch.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:04 pm wrote:The likes of Cleverly, Wellbeck and Milner will be shoe in's for the squad, this is Roy Hodgson we are talking about here.

I reckon you are right there, Cleverley is getting loads of stick even from ManU supporters if Welbeck and Cleverley played for stoke or someone they wouldn't get near the England team, its because they play for Utd that they are picked, even though Cleverley is cr@p and Welbeck can't score for sh!t. I disagree about Milner he's not bad and puts in a good shift.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion