Fifa World Cup 2014

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:59 am

Ivory coast very unlucky last night given a penalty against them unfairly in my opinion

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Made it out of the group of death.  Wasn't pretty at all, but we are through.  Tim Howard was freaking amazing today.  My kids and I were all wearing North Brunswick Soccer Club shirts (my son actually had his full kit on) since we are all involved in the club where Tim grew up through.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 pm

The Good Yank » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:17 pm wrote:Made it out of the group of death.  Wasn't pretty at all, but we are through.  Tim Howard was freaking amazing today.  My kids and I were all wearing North Brunswick Soccer Club shirts (my son actually had his full kit on) since we are all involved in the club where Tim grew up through.

have to say TGY american "soccer" has come on leaps and bounds  :nod  very tough group to get out of and not many would have bet on you's for it.
good show i say  :D

what about the ghana team ? you would think that its an honor to represent your country at the biggest show on earth but apparently it isnt the case with these boys threatening to strike unless they recieved their appearance fee's. the national government had to send $3mil to brazil on wednesday to avert the pending strike  :laugh:  shame on the lot of them  :nod

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28035928
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:19 am

Proud of us for getting out. I sure didn't have us advancing. We've probably got one of the easiest #1 seeds in Belgium, but will be tough nonetheless. I'm just happy we seem to be improving. Were dominated by Germany, but didn't really look like losing. I actually thought we outplayed Portugal.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby sidavies1970 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Think Germany & Brazil are hot faves but Holland could be there or thereabouts
sidavies1970
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Yeah, credit where it's due, well done to the yanks. For a nation that according to some "doesn't love the sport", they sure play with a lot of passion. Was kind of hoping for a Russia-USA match :D, but the Russians were Sh*t.

Well done to Algeria as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:18 am

Yes despite my enthusiasm for World Cup waning dramatically recently for obvious recents. Very happy to see the Yanks get through, hope they cause some more upsets
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sidavies1970 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Actually think the Belgium v USA will be tight
sidavies1970
LFC Basic Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:55 pm

What a goal from Rodriguez. Uruguay massively missing Suarez
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 pm

how does arjen robben keep getting away with throwing himself about the box  :veryangry  minimal contact in the penalty he won tonight and the reaction was just laughable. he is a notorious diver and its sickening to see him being rewarded for it. personally i dont see why every single foul in the box has to result in a pen when the player was not denied a goalscoring opportunity or wasnt even in shooting sight of the goal.
feel sorry for the mexicans getting conned by that cheater
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:39 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 pm wrote:how does arjen robben keep getting away with throwing himself about the box  :veryangry  minimal contact in the penalty he won tonight and the reaction was just laughable. he is a notorious diver and its sickening to see him being rewarded for it. personally i dont see why every single foul in the box has to result in a pen when the player was not denied a goalscoring opportunity or wasnt even in shooting sight of the goal.
feel sorry for the mexicans getting conned by that cheater

Those pens are usually always given these days I'm afraid, and although I'm against these kind of penalties, I can't really fault the ref. What I can't understand though, is how an experienced player like Rafael Marquez, one of the world's best defenders during his prime (imo), can make such a ridiculous and entirely unnecessary tackle that can only benefit the opponent. He had no reason to make such a risky challenge and to be honest he's got only himself to blame.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Looks like Germany are going to bore their way through to the final, fair play to them tho, they get the job done.

The more I see of this WC, the more I am frustrated by England going out so feebly, you can't say teams like, USA, Costa Rica, Mexico, Switzerland, Greece etc have better players than we do, it's just that we have a poor manager with inept tactics and team/squad selection and all we get from the freakish FA is that he's keeping his job and is the right man to turn us into winners. No Dyke and all, he's the right man for you as he isn't controversial, a yes man and safe in front of the media. It doesn't matter that he led us to the worst we have done in the finals since the 50's. The whole feckin lot need clearing out.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 pm

The favoritism shown to Brazil in this tournament is shocking.

The more I see Fred, the more I think he's conned his way into the Brazilian team. He does absolutely nothing except throw himself on the ground everything time a player gets within 3 yards of him. Unfortunately he keeps getting calls.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Can't believe how limp the French were against Germany.

As the commentator said "for most of the game they played as though the were 1-0 up instead of actually being 1-0 down.

Was however impressed with Valbueno and Pogba. Pogba (only 21/22 ? ) in particular looks like a massive prospect.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Maybe I missed some thing ?

Why are Brazil and Argentina playing in white shorts ? I expect to see Brazil in their blue shorts and Argentina in their black

No big deal but it just doesn't look right. I'm assuming there's a reason for it ?

????

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion