Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Great captain is he?

Messi >>>>>>> Ronaldo

FACT
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Fk sake you know what I actually wanted Portugal to go through tonight. I understand the psychological effect of your best player missing early in a shoot out but come on he is probably their best penalty taker. He HAS to be taking taking the 1st one or at least 2nd.

Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 pm wrote:
tubby » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm wrote:Which picture? I want to see it.

It's the picture of the England team with muppet for heads and Heskey as well from around the 2006 World Cup I think - it was all over blogs etc and resurfaced after Sunday so I copied it from google pictures and it seems it was from a blog from the sun( which indidnt realise ) - so i deleted that image and got one from another blog.

Ok cheers
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 pm

metalhead » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 pm wrote:Great captain is he?

Messi >>>>>>> Ronaldo

FACT

Iniesta is better than Ronaldo
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 pm

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 pm

:laugh:

Everyone is saying that England need to finally abandon the rigid 4-4-2 formation if they want to compete - the problem is Woy doesn't know any different and won't change. Failing to qualify for the WC is the best thing that can happen ( it also actually makes the tournament more enjoyable as well )
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 pm

2 problems with England.

1) The manager is Sh*t. Can't teach an old dog new tricks...
2) The players are Sh*t and technically not able to compete with the best players at international level. If that isn't obvious by now then alarm bells should be ringing. England need a similar transformation that Germany underwent post Euro 2000.

As Benny said something disastrous along the lines of failure to qualify for the next world cup should help get that kick started as it's obvious the powers that be are too busy sat around with thumbs up their *****. Would be funny too.  :eyebrow

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:02 am

Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:41 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:33 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 pm wrote:People say that England's footballers can keep hold of possession, can string passes together, can attack well, can reach the latter stages of major competitions. Now if the England players can do all of these things how comes they haven't done it for well over 14 years? Have England ever played possession football? In the last twenty years how many technically gifted footballers have England produced? Gascoigne, Le Tissier, Scholes and Gerrard? Maybe you could add Redknapp and Beckham to that list as well. So that's 6 players in 22 years and England wonder why they struggle.

If England have technical ability in abundance then why have I never seen it on display? Please bear in mind the first tournament I watched was Euro 1996.

That euro 96 team and squad in general was the best i can remember in my time of watching England, even better than Italia 90.

It had a bit of everything.
Great striking options pace and the ability to beat players in Mcmanaman.
Some very good options in midfield and a decent defence and keeper.

They should have won that tournament.

Italy 90 is the tournament we should have won but Euro 96 wasnt far behind.

Loved both tournaments and was the last time supporting England was pure.

I liked Italia 90. Cameroon were great and so was a certain Mr Miller. I loved it when they beat the Argies in their first game.

I remember when we played them in the KO stages and eventually won 3-2. I was sat there cheering England on and me mum was sat there cheering on Cameroon.

Bobby Robson was a true gent, RIP.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:08 am

The problems with the England team is our League. This generates far more interest than our national team, also lets look at the risk of teams who are willing to sign more English players.

Take the euros, our players have done well, and a few have had concerns over Gerrards fitness, but imagine in the future, if we continue with the English players route, and they turn out to do ok, we as a club could be knackered.

We would have players playing for the first team, the under 21's and the under 19's. Also take into account the Olympics, we are creating a British team which could cost us more players, well, not just us, but any team who goes down the route of filling the team with English players. And to be perfectly honest, for each club it simply isn't worth the risk.

The national team will continue to struggle as it simply isn't worth the risk to fill the clubs with English players if the clubs wont be able to play them due to international commitments or simply tiredness.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:26 am

LFC2007 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:37 pm wrote:
Nobody with any clue has argued that England have technical ability in abundance. What some people, inmcluding myself, have suggested is that England can play better with the ball than they have done in recent tournaments. The fact that they haven't can't simply be put down to a lack of technical ability, and the evidence supporting that lies in the club form of the players, as well as during spells with England. I believe Capello has come out today and made the same point about Rooney performing for Man U in a way that he hardly ever does for England. Why that is, I'm not completely sure, but I think he's spot on in identifying that as a problem.

The problem with Rooney is the same problem with many others, they EXPECT to be in the team. They have done nothing to deserve the mantle of key player, but they expect to walk into the first team due to being English and able to kick a ball.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:53 am

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 am

:wwww

What the f*ck?  Coentrao telling him to suck his balls or something?  How would that spat even start?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:48 am

Benny The Noon wrote:

Messi >>>>>>> Ronaldo

FACT

Iniesta is better than Ronaldo and he is also better than Messi.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:00 am

RichardLFC1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:48 am wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Messi >>>>>>> Ronaldo

FACT

Iniesta is better than Ronaldo and he is also better than Messi.

Whoa there - better than Messi ?!?!
Benny The Noon

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

Ill get gunned down but its my opinion and i dont really care.

Top 4 players at the moment

1. Iniesta
2. RVP
3. Lionel Messi
4 Cristiano Ronaldo

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:18 am

RvP better than Messi :laugh:

Based on what exactly ?!
Benny The Noon