Champions league - Thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Right on cue :laugh: As I said before I hope Arsenal knock them out. Anyway Barca can't even afford him so they can comment all they want.

I really do hate the way their players openly talk about players they are potentially after. Don't they think how it affects the fans off the other team? Completely disrespectful. Little short ar.se cun.t that Messi is. He may play well but he's got a big old gob on him too, they all have.

Really hope :censored: can do them in their own back yard in a few weeks.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:00 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:wow. i really hope Real Madrid beats them to the title. their arrogance is increasing day by day.

And you don't think Real Madrid are arrogant ???. I think people like Mourinho and Ronaldo more or less embody arrogance. And the club itself - don't even get me started! I'll take Barca over that lot any day.
JamCar05

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:08 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:wow. i really hope Real Madrid beats them to the title. their arrogance is increasing day by day.

And you don't think Real Madrid are arrogant ???. I think people like Mourinho and Ronaldo more or less embody arrogance. And the club itself - don't even get me started! I'll take Barca over that lot any day.

well at least you dont see the Real players coming out and saying how so and so should be playing for their club instead. they whore themselves at every opportunity they get.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:

well at least you dont see the Real players coming out and saying how so and so should be playing for their club instead. they whore themselves at every opportunity they get.

I'm not denying that mate (though they're probably just answering a direct question from a journo), but just cast your mind back to how Real took the complete :censored: out of us with the Owen-deal and tried to do the same with Alonso, and you'll see that this club is indeed very arrogant itself when it comes to courting players of other clubs.
JamCar05

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:32 pm

i just feel Real are the lesser of 2 evils at the moment Jam :D i think a fair analysis would be:
Real: arrogant board of directors
Barca: arrogant loudmouth players.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Barca are getting annoyingly arrogant.  Hate to see players commenting on other players joining their club.  Especially in the manner Barca players do it.

There is no denying their talent though.  I still love watching them play and i hope they beat Arsenal cos they are more of a threat to Chelsea and Utd.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Guys, the player they are talking about was brought up through La Masia since he was a kid and is good friends with Pique and Messi, then it could easily be said that Arsenal took advantage of the rules at the time by offering Fabragas a full time contract when Barca were unable to under Spanish laws. If they'd been coming out with these statements about someone like Wiltshire or closer to home Gerrard Id agree it was kind of arrogant I dont think Fabragas falls under those type of circumstances.

And the guys that are sticking up for Madrid, they are the KINGS of tapping up players publicly and know no shame in their pursuit of the worlds top players regardless of the clubs they are at, even if that happens to be their biggest rivals as was the case of their purchase of Figo a decade ago.
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Watched the Chelsea vs Copenhagen game... I'm still scratching my head on how Copenhagen made it through group stages, it is an absolutely poor team! Chelsea looked pretty average the whole game and still managed to win 2-0. Judas looked like a Sunday league player. Anelka ran the show and scored 2 good goals, but to be honest the Copenhagen defenders made it look easy for him.

Lyon and Real Madrid drew 1-1
Last edited by metalhead on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:32 pm

OMG, Chelsea won!! hahaahha.... poor Chelsea.

How Torres played?? i know he played the entire game(finally hahahaha)
Alex88

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i just feel Real are the lesser of 2 evils at the moment Jam :D i think a fair analysis would be:
Real: arrogant board of directors
Barca: arrogant loudmouth players.

I can sort of accept your analysis (though burjennio has got some good points re Barca-players behaviour towards other players), but NEVER will I accept that Real is the lesser of two evils :angry: :D
JamCar05

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:46 pm

metalhead wrote:Watched the Chelsea vs Copenhagen game... I'm still scratching my head on how Copenhagen made it through group stages, it is an absolutely poor team! Chelsea looked pretty average the whole game and still managed to win 2-0. Judas looked like a Sunday league player. Anelka ran the show and scored 2 good goals, but to be honest the Copenhagen defenders made it look easy for him.

Copenhagen were indeed very poor yesterday, but you have to factor in that their last competetive game was the final group game back at the beginning of December. I really think that showed, as they seemed to be chasing shadows for much of the time. In the group stages I saw a couple of their games and they were actually quite good (drew with Barca at home and played well against them away too). Glad to see Chelsea's no. 9 couldn't take his chances though I must admit :)
JamCar05

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm

OM 0 - 0 Sc*m

Inter 0 - 1 Bayern
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm

cheeky 1:1 at Old Toilet then :;):
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 am

metalhead wrote:OM 0 - 0 Sc*m

Inter 0 - 1 Bayern

Only saw the highlights of the Inter/Bayern game - looked like a belter of a game though. The Bayern keeper kept them in it with a string of excellent saves; mind you Bayern weren't too bad either, hitting the crossbar a few times, Robben on fire.

I only really have a big interest in Bayern 'cos I spend most weeks in Munich these days and every second person you meet is a Bayern fan....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

thought caeser made a right bollx of the goal though. he should've held it really.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion