Would you ever want to buy the league? - Ala chelsea?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Would you ever want to buy the league? - Ala chelsea?

Glory at any price.
19%
Do it the hard way.
81%

Total votes : 36

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:57 am

bigmick wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:We can slag them off all we want but theres a lot of sour grapes coming out in this thread! If a billionaire walked into Anfield tomorrow and made a bottomless pit of cash available no-one on here would give a flyin f-ck where the money came from!Get over it people,Chelsea are loaded,so what!They're only human,our job is to beat them on the pitch!

Gotta say Barry I think you're spot on with the sour grapes thing. If some bloke came in and made Ronaldhino his first signing, followed by various other superstars not many would complain.
My point about the salary/transfer capping is one of my soap box issues. Believe it or not I've been saying it for years. Is it enough for, say that Sunderland fan who came on yeterday to have an ambition which amounts to avoiding relegation? Year in, year out they can't win anything? I think the playing field excavation and relaying is long overdue.
My favoured method is an overall salary cap. Each team is allowed to pay a maximum of 20 million a year in salaries. Pay Gerrard 5 mill a year if you want, but that only leaves 15 mill for the rest of the squad. Simple and effective.

I have to say i think it would be boring if there was a cap on wages and player purchases.
I dont know about you but i like the David v Goliath Match-ups ,it gives David even more reason to try harder.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:01 am

KeepTheFaith wrote:(If allowed, here's my two-pence worth)

Yes, the Chelsea revolution is slowly grinding the EPL to its knee's with high wages and silly transfer fee's BUT amongst the cash in the top flight there are a few teams and stories that show a different side.

Take Bolton, often labelled as a small club, and one that is in the middle of a huge-catchement area in the NorthWest. Not really reknowned for its big fee's in transfers, yet manages to attract top names like Jay-Jay Ockocha, Stelios Gainankopolous, Ivan Campo and Hidetoshi Nakata to name but 4. The point of Bolton? To make up the numbers some might say, yet league finishes show a different side. Since being promoted they have; narrowly avoided relegation to finishing 6th and qualifying for the UEFA Cup for the first time in it's history. Shrewd buy's not big money fee's are the reasoning for that. Added to a good work ethic, belief and Big Sam, and you have all the ingredients to show that the big money bubble could well and truely burst any time soon.

Go two places higher in the table and you see a similar story. David Moyes took his Everton side from 17th to 4th in the space of one season. Beating arch-rivals Liverpool to the final Champions League place - we all know you got there eventually before anyone gets pedantic. There was no big fee's spent that summer, but two of the most under-rated signings in Premiership history (IMO) in Timmy Cahill and James Beattie. Will the Everton bubble burst this season? Perhaps, they go into Wednesday's Champions League Qualifier trailing 2 (or 3) goals to 1 against some Spanish team's name who I can't spell. Even if the bubble does burst they are proof, along with Bolton, that maybe, just maybe, you don't need to spend 100,000,000 quid in order to compete.

It is hard to look beyond Chelsea winning the league, but with the two aforementioned clubs, I see no reason as to why shrewd buys, a good team spirit and players that play for the badge on the front and not the name on the back cannot result in a higher than anticiapted finish.

The Premier League is, in effect, 3 or 4 sub-divisions. The aim is to win yours and to compete in the one above. Everton and Bolton have proved it's possible. So why can't anyone else.

Or to answer the question - I'd just like to see Sunderland buy somebody!!!

Good post Keep the faith and i agree with that post .
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:23 am

Luis Garcia wrote:Red Red Tom, This was just a topic started by a bitter Jealous RED!

Jealous because chelsea have won the league. ok they have spent 150 million or so, but remember Houllier had about 100m, or the players LFC have bought over the past  years have cost that much, it's just we bought a lot of the WRONG ones.

Like Heskey 13m or so. Biscan 6m. etc

We could have bought Damien Duff,but bottled out. we could have bought Robben. no interest shown by LFC. Maybe even lampard when he left west ham.

We could have bought Crespo. and we should have bought Davids when he left Juventus.

If you pull Stevie and Alonso out of the team, e still fall wya short, however huge our success last year. if we win 2 champions league back to back, ill lick Rafas shoes clean, but that is a HUGE task.

The question is, how long before we can knock on the door of winning the league? how many years time? remember, Rafa normally can only buy  players from spanish clubs.

Buying peter crouch is very risky, and Cisse look like another heskey to me.

You are an absolute a*se-bandit. Houllier (who I dislike intensely) spent £125m over the entire time he was here. We all know he was as talented in the transfer market as Sam Allardyce is in the Royal Ballet. What comparison could you possibly draw?

Heskey cost £11m
Biscan was £5.5m.
Duff was not available for less than £17m (and who at the time thought Kewell for £5m was a bad alternative?)

You seem to want to a*s-kiss Sh*tski and Moris, but lets reflect on your statement;
Duff was purchased by Ranieri.
Robben        "        "        ".
Lampard       "        "       ".
Crespo          "       "        ".
Davids is a t*at.

You seem to think that LFC can only count SG and XA as good players. I beg to differ, young sparrow-me-lad.

Jamie Carragher - as good a CB as you will find, no matter how much you are prepared to kiss Terry's bottom.

Sami Hyypia - may be slower than a sloath on dope, but I'll wager he'll still beat any Premiership player in a one-on-one aerial battle.

Dietmar "Didi" Hamman - see the CL final, dickwad.

Jose "Pepe" Reina - OK, may be a reputation I'm working on, but the best 'keeper Spain has.

John-Arne Riise - Not a winger, or a full-back, but put him at left wing-back, and you'll struggle to find a better player in Britain.

Steve Finnan - Possibly the best RB in the Prem last season.

Javier Luis Garcia - Isn't exactly sh*te now is he? May be a lightweight, but has skill to burn.

Djibril "Lord Frodsham" Cisse - Better than that title-winning t*at Drogba. The fastest player in the Prem, and ability which is obvious to all who care to watch.

"Luis Garcia" - W*nker that calls himself an LFC fan, who knows as much about football as I know about Croquet.

I think you'll find that a fair summary.
:nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:34 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Luis Garcia wrote:Red Red Tom, This was just a topic started by a bitter Jealous RED!

Jealous because chelsea have won the league. ok they have spent 150 million or so, but remember Houllier had about 100m, or the players LFC have bought over the past  years have cost that much, it's just we bought a lot of the WRONG ones.

Like Heskey 13m or so. Biscan 6m. etc

We could have bought Damien Duff,but bottled out. we could have bought Robben. no interest shown by LFC. Maybe even lampard when he left west ham.

We could have bought Crespo. and we should have bought Davids when he left Juventus.

If you pull Stevie and Alonso out of the team, e still fall wya short, however huge our success last year. if we win 2 champions league back to back, ill lick Rafas shoes clean, but that is a HUGE task.

The question is, how long before we can knock on the door of winning the league? how many years time? remember, Rafa normally can only buy  players from spanish clubs.

Buying peter crouch is very risky, and Cisse look like another heskey to me.

You are an absolute a*se-bandit. Houllier (who I dislike intensely) spent £125m over the entire time he was here. We all know he was as talented in the transfer market as Sam Allardyce is in the Royal Ballet. What comparison could you possibly draw?

Heskey cost £11m
Biscan was £5.5m.
Duff was not available for less than £17m (and who at the time thought Kewell for £5m was a bad alternative?)

You seem to want to a*s-kiss Sh*tski and Moris, but lets reflect on your statement;
Duff was purchased by Ranieri.
Robben        "        "        ".
Lampard       "        "       ".
Crespo          "       "        ".
Davids is a t*at.

You seem to think that LFC can only count SG and XA as good players. I beg to differ, young sparrow-me-lad.

Jamie Carragher - as good a CB as you will find, no matter how much you are prepared to kiss Terry's bottom.

Sami Hyypia - may be slower than a sloath on dope, but I'll wager he'll still beat any Premiership player in a one-on-one aerial battle.

Dietmar "Didi" Hamman - see the CL final, dickwad.

Jose "Pepe" Reina - OK, may be a reputation I'm working on, but the best 'keeper Spain has.

John-Arne Riise - Not a winger, or a full-back, but put him at left wing-back, and you'll struggle to find a better player in Britain.

Steve Finnan - Possibly the best RB in the Prem last season.

Javier Luis Garcia - Isn't exactly sh*te now is he? May be a lightweight, but has skill to burn.

Djibril "Lord Frodsham" Cisse - Better than that title-winning t*at Drogba. The fastest player in the Prem, and ability which is obvious to all who care to watch.

"Luis Garcia" - W*nker that calls himself an LFC fan, who knows as much about football as I know about Croquet.

I think you'll find that a fair summary.
:nod

Ouch   :buttrock
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:40 am

This is a great thread, IMO. Thanks Red Tom. You started a debate that's been brought up before, but the reponses have been quality.

As one poster said this whole matter is about perspective. In 20 years who will care how Chevski got their trophies. And maybe in 20years the money they spent now will look like peanuts compared to what they are spending then.

Do i want to see LFC buying the title? honestly no. but if we did i'm sure i could justify it. The sad fact is that this sort of spending may become the norm in the not too distant future and we can do feck all about it.

I do believe though, that for some of us it is sour grapes. we are the European Champions, let chevski have the title and the glory, our time will come, when it does we can hold our heads up high and be proud of the manner the boys did it.

Thats it.

ps Lando, have you read any Terry Pratchet novels? U kinda write like him, but with more swearing. very feckin funni.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:03 am

Red Red Tom wrote:Chelsea are different.  A team whose sucess is fueled by blood money from one of the most desolate countries in the world.  Since the collapse of the Berlin Wall Russia has been in ruins (this is not me saying I wish the wall had stayed up btw).  Most people living thier can't break bread.  Half the country is hooked on drugs, a trade run by the Mafia - and that is where the Chelsea silver is coming from.  Russian Mafia Blood money.

If the political implications weren't bad enough for a leftie like me - the way Chelsea have conducted themselves is a disgrace.  They must have witnessed how much hatred the attitude and arrogance of the United teams brought upon themselves - yet they seek to copy it, no, extend it.  In Mourinho they have the most repugnant human being I have ever had the displeasure to see on television.

Lets run through the Chelsea starting XI shall we?

Cech:  Good goalkeeper.  Would never have gone to Chelsea if ???thousand Russians hadn't died to pay his salary.
Carvalho:  Coached by Maureen at Porto.  Diving cheat.
Bridge:  Sold out his team to join the plastic club.
Terry:  Top bloke, top player - fights for the cause and would stay at Chelsea even if they plummeted to the second division.
Gallas:  F*cking mercenary.
Makalele:  Another man with no conscience.
Lampard:  ARS*HOLE.  Said to Stevie after the CC final 'See you next season.'  Moureen's tool within the England set up - tried to corrupt Stevie, managed it with SWP.  Souless pile of dog :censored:.  Kisses the badge wherever he is.  Utterly vile.
Robben:  Diver, big headed toss-wank.  Said 'I feel we deserved Gerrard because we are a big club.'  WHO THE :censored: ARE YOU?
Duff:  Dives.  :censored:.  Scum.
Gudsonsson:  Alonso, Semi 1st leg. Need I say more?
Crespo:  Foolishly joined the Chelsea coup, motivated by money then, but to his credit didn't want to come back.

Uttery :censored:.

I'm sure Chelsea fans feel differently, and I'm sure they don't feel that their team has done anything wrong.  I was in the pub tonight and I spoke to a mate who's a Chelsea fan.  The conversatoin went like this:

Me:  Don't you feel you haven't earnt it, you don't deserve it do you?
Him:  No, but I can't exactly stop supporting them, I'm a football fan, you know how it is.

Thats true.  For the Chelsea fan who was there before Abramovich and will be their after he is either assinated or sent back to Russia to be brought to justice there (I hope its the latter as I hear they have some very creative methods...) they couldn't help it that thier club is being destroyed by the Mafia, and they can't help but be pleased when Chelsea win the league.  You cannot stop supporting your team if you are a true fan.

So my question is; would you ever want to see Liverpool win the league like that?  Imagine things have got very bad, the year is 2020, we just finished 11th, Stevie has been sacked as manager after a 4-1 drubbing to Everton.  A multi-billionaire from China with a shady background buys the club.  2 years later a team similar to the Chelsea side above win title 19.  The next season they become the first club ever to do the quadrouple, and win the Community Sheild for good measure.

There are no scousers in this team.

Would you rather we continued as a mid-table side, or became the latest chequebook champions.  (I do not for one moment believe the situation described above will ever come into reality, its just not going to happen - Rafa is building an era to rival those of the past - just pretending).

Plastic Glory, or a team that wins the League Cup now and then with a Scouse spine, and plays with pride and integrity?

I think Liverpool are too good a club to ever become :censored: like Chelsea.  And I would rather see us plummit into the depths of the conference than become another conglomerate like Man United, or pay for our trophies with blood money.  I'm sorry if the language I've used might be offensive, but its something I feel very strongly about.  I'd like to know what the rest of you think.

Tom

You talk like you are the leading detective in the intelligence, what proof do you have of any thing that you say? What facts do you have to backup your claims of Romans background and source of his money?

Jose is probably the most honest person you will come across on Tele. The fact that you cant stand what he speaks for shows what a weak person you are.

As for our starting 11, I think its ridiculous for you to say thigs like Cech would not have signed if a 1000 Russians had not died. Juse goes to show you are frustrated with your teams performance and are sitting in your room banging your guitar and venting your anger.

Times have changed in football, if Steven had not got a better contract (more money) he would have left. The same with Rio, A.cole, Viera etc etc .. the list goes on. Everyone is looking for a new challenge and a better life. Tomorrow if you get an offer from a company willing to pay you 3 times what you earn you would leave your 10 yr job in a jiffy. So dont be a hypocrite and look at yourself first.

Tomorrow if the great Chinese business man buys Liverpool and spends 100M on new players and you finish 2nd and win the FA and Carling cup and semifinalists in the CL you will be jumping with joy and laughing at the rest.

To you we are big spenders, to Charlton you are big spenders, to Norwich .. Chalrton are big spenders.

You need to look at todays worlds, peoples demands and the way of life. This is how it is in football, in cricket, in tennis, in movies and in the lives of every human who works a 9-5 job.

Wake up, worry about your club and stop talking tras.h about another club when you have no clue about it, no facts to backup your statements and no knolowdge of the way of life in today’s world.
Chelsea forever.

Postby matrix » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:12 am

hey forever how the hell do you know gerrard would have left if he didnt get a better deal   i will say you dont know what you are talking about     and why are you attacking a new member to our forum  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:21 am

CF apart from your first two paragraphs your spot on with your comments.

There has always been suspicion about Roman and his wonga ,i dont the the ins and outs of the facts.But just for the record i reckon he is a real shady B@stard.

I cant stand Maureen either ,his arrogance gets me and whenever he has something to say its purely to wind somebody up.
But that doesnt make me or Tom a weak a weak person because we loathe the bloke.
66-1112520797

Postby matrix » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:28 am

Bamaga man wrote:CF apart from your first two paragraphs your spot on with your comments.

There has always been suspicion about Roman and his wonga ,i dont the the ins and outs of the facts.But just for the record i reckon he is a real shady B@stard.

I cant stand Maureen either ,his arrogance gets me and whenever he has something to say its purely to wind somebody up.
But that doesnt make me or Tom a weak a weak person because we loathe the bloke.

add me on the list of hate also     what made me angry bamaga man  was his statement that gerrard would have gone if he didnt get a better deal   cockney shi.te   :angry:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:29 am

Chelsea Forever

Take the general gist of the first post not the details. I don't agree with a lot said in it, but the general point was directed at LFC fans.

The source of Abrom wealth is well documented and not an issue. The wealth is an issue.

I never want to see LFC become like Chevski, and would bitterly oppose anyone who tried to make that happen, until it happened, then i support them. much like you have had to do i think.

I don't think you should ask people for facts to back up statements while in the same post say that Gerrard would've left for more money. You cannot possibly know that and I beleive that its not the case. Then again I am LFC fan so i will always think like that.

I think however if you reckon Moanreen is the most honest man on tele, you need your head examined.
Last edited by babu on Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:34 am

babu wrote:Chelsea Forever

Take the general gist of the first post not the details. I don't agree with a lot said in it, but the general point was directed at LFC fans.

The source of Abrom wealth is well documented and not an issue. The wealth is an issue.

I never want to see LFC become like Chevski, and would bitterly oppose anyone who tried to make that happen, until it happened, then i support them. much like you have had to do i think.

I don't think you should ask people for facts to back up statements while in the same post say that Gerrard would've left for more money. You cannot possibly know that and I beleive that its not the case. Then again I am LFC fan so i will always think like that.

I think however if you reckon Moanreen is the most honest man on tele, you need your head examined.

babu   once again words of wisdom, words of wisdom   :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:59 am

babu wrote:Chelsea Forever

Ok I do not have any facts or written proof of Gerrard leaving/staying for a money issue.

But like the creator of this thread 'Supposes' that Romans money is drug money, that Cech joined because 1000 Russians died ( i think its a disgrace for a football fan to speak like this) and that all the money at Chelsea is drug money and mafia money ---

--- I can 'Suppose' that Gerrard wanted to leave for 2 reasons, (1) for a better contract $$$, (2) for a chance to win more trophies, which he thought 'might' not be possible at LFC.

Now I can only imagine that MY 'suppositions' hold more weight than his, because no one (not you, not me) can think of any other reason for Gerrard to want to leave, however him leaving/staying is not the issue we are talking about here.

As for Jose, I think he is the ONLY manager who speaks his mind. I thought his comments after the Wigan and Arsenal game were spot on. If he is unhappy about something he says so, If he is happy with a player he says so. He might be arrogant to some, but that is him speaking the truth. He has never said something and not let it happen, and he has never let something happen and not spoken of it. To me he is a very honest and smart person, to you he might not be and thats fair and accepted as you have your opinion and I have mine. Thats what makes us 2 different fans, thats what makes football so interesting and thats what lays the base for a great debate.

But for someone to vent his frustration at us (because he is not happy with his strikers and club) and to say things like drug money, mafia, people die so you can sign players etc etc .. is not only wrong but a disgrace to him, to the game and to everything he stands for.

Chelsea Forever.
Chelsea forever.

Postby babu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:08 am

Chelsea Forever

I would like to make this my last post on this subject as I think its unfair to the original poster that we are moving off topic.

I said you can't possibly know that Gerrard wanted to leave for more money. I didn't say you were wrong, just that i believe you are wrong.

Red Red Tom can say that Moanreen is a women's lingerie wearing ponce who loves chugging on Abrom tool. He can do it because he is saying it to a select group. read: LFC Fans. You however choose to be here and have to becareful how you say things, if you want people to listen to you. That is fair enough i reckon.

If i was on a Chelsea forum (why i'd want to, i've no idea) I would have to becareful what i say as well, otherwise every thread would descend into anarchy. Dude just ignore the points you dislike and move on.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:21 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:and he has never let something happen and not spoken of it. To me he is a very honest and smart person,

is the same honest and smart person that denied being in the country when he was supposed to have met ashley cole, only to be proved to be lying.

is this the same guy who saw riikaard enetring frisks room when its been proved that wasnt possible.

is this same guy who loied to his wife when he was trying to :censored: the wife of the head of the porto supporters club, who the thretened to kill him.

the guy is a :censored:, i dont find his manner refreshing in the least. in fact i would be embarrassed to have a manager who acts like he does
112-1077774096

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:21 am

I would urge you to speak your mind, weather you are on a Chelsea, Manu, ARsenal, Madrid or Southampton forum.

If there is a post about your club on another forum, I would expect you to give your views on the points made by the creator of the post.

After stating that he has no reasoning or facts to backup what he has said, there isnt much I can do and there isnt much I would want to do. Making someone realize that he speaks through his rear is enough for a days work.

I am not being disrespectful, I understand I am a visiting fan, this is your home and that I should live by the rules. However, if there is a post about my club and much of the post is wrong then you can be assured I will speak my mind and defend my club -- as would you !

Chelsea Forever.
Chelsea forever.

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls