Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Michael owen - Surely...

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes : 119

Postby puroresu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Now Owen has said he will be staying at newcastle till May at least can we put this thread to bed.
puroresu

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Michael Owen has said he will remain at Newcastle until the end of the season, but has refused to commit himself to the St James' Park outfit beyond that.

The 29-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has been linked with a move to the likes of Chelsea and Spurs.

However, despite refusing to sign a new three-year contract offer, he has announced he simply wants more time to decide, adding "it is not about money".

"I hope this is seen as a positive, and not disloyal in any way," he said.

"Following speculation about my future at Newcastle United, I have decided today to make it clear that I am committed to the club until at least the end of this season, and I have informed them I do not want to make a decision about my future until that time.

:laugh:

Owen hasn't changed i see...despite earning millions on the sidelines he won't be sign a new contract. He's now putting it off until the end of the season where he'll leave to 'improve his England chances' or 'Win the European cup'  :laugh:

Little b@stard
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:51 pm

If Newcastle fans believe Owen is even considering signing a new contract with them then they need their heads examined.  Not a :censored: chance of him being there next season.  Where will he end up?  Haven't got a clue to be honest.  There will be dozens of clubs in for him as a free agent, home and abroad.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 pm

john craig wrote:If Newcastle fans believe Owen is even considering signing a new contract with them then they need their heads examined.  Not a :censored: chance of him being there next season.  Where will he end up?  Haven't got a clue to be honest.  There will be dozens of clubs in for him as a free agent, home and abroad.

man city, i bet. He'll get 120 grand a week there, but won't win f**k all.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:00 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
john craig wrote:If Newcastle fans believe Owen is even considering signing a new contract with them then they need their heads examined.  Not a :censored: chance of him being there next season.  Where will he end up?  Haven't got a clue to be honest.  There will be dozens of clubs in for him as a free agent, home and abroad.

man city, i bet. He'll get 120 grand a week there, but won't win f**k all.

Na once they get rid of Huges and get a real top Manager in they will look way beyond the likes of Owen.
puroresu

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I once played in a 5 a-side competition at a very high level and I am better then Danny Murphy.

:laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Owen has 4-5 months to prove he still has it. If he can keep himself fit and score a few goals for Newcastle then we should have a serious look at him in the summer. He'd be a steal on a free transfer!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 am

We could do with his goals now while we're still in a title race. Maybe Kinnear will change his mind over not selling Owen and offer him for £5m. That would raise some money, reduce the wages bill and prepare for the probable future without Owen. He might score another 10+ goals this season, he may get injured and miss most of the rest of the season. That's a risk Kinnear is prepared to take, it's one I would too for Owen - for different reasons ie a title challenge
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Once a :censored: always a :censored:. Let him rot away in some mediocre team and regret leaving us and missing out on CL and the league. Rafa has given him several chances to make amends but he chose his path.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Fo Dne wrote:btw, i love gybs

i would want owen and podolski up front when torres and keane aint playing.

peace everyone, you are not clueless, i was being a t..wwwat

much better being nice isnt it stu ole buddy  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:26 pm

He'll go where the money is, that's his way, no way will he come back to us for sentimental reasons when someone like man city would offer a lil more money
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Even after Owen has retired, people will still expect him to come back to us :D
Thingy

Postby Madmax » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:He'll go where the money is, that's his way, no way will he come back to us for sentimental reasons when someone like man city would offer a lil more money

his a little to$$er thats why.. I really dont want him to come back. Hope we do win the league and the lads show off thier medals infront of the little maggot
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Rafa have him his chance to come back and he shat on it so I wouldn't expect him back at all. You may aswell start a thread that surley we need someone like Messi here cos Owen will never come back. Hes a greedy :censored: who pussied out of a move back here becasue he was worried about his England place. How ironic now he is out of the England side. :laugh: I like his talent but his character stinks even it was motivated by ambition. I can understand wanting to play for a team like Madrid and maybe taking a chance but he showed his true colours when he chose Newacastle over us just to ensure his place at the World Cup.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 am

puroresu wrote:Now Owen has said he will be staying at newcastle till May at least can we put this thread to bed.

sounds just about right
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls