Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Michael owen - Surely...

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes : 119

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:11 pm

GYBS wrote:Is agger a work horse ? what about torres ? gerrard ? xabi ? pepe ? yossi ? reira ?

Kuyt is pretty much the main and one and only work horse .

Absoloute rubbish. Don't sit there and say Gerrard, Alonso, Torres and Bennayoun aren't work horses just because they have other strengths (Bennayoun maybe not :D ).

Gerrard and Alonso work far harder than Kuyt ever will but they have the quality aswell. Gerrard covers every blade of grass just about every week and Alonso isn't far behind either. Bennayoun, although not very good on occassions certainly isn't a lazy player either and neither is Torres.

Infact, nearly every player in the Liverpool squad has a good work rate through out a game and more than acceptable for their position. Its one of the reasons we're so hard to break down. The laziest players in the starting eleven are probably Riera and Agger and Aurelio and I wouldn't describe any of those players as even a bit lazy.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:14 pm

yes but they arent described as work horses thou are they which was my point . yes they are work hard etc etc but a pure work horse ? and are you being positive about something  :upside:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:18 pm

GYBS wrote:yes but they arent described as work horses thou are they which was my point . yes they are work hard etc etc but a pure work horse ? and are you being positive about something  :upside:

Dirk Kuyt is only desribed as a work horse because he has no other strengths. FACT!

Alonso and Gerrard cover as much it not more ground and win more tackles and headers than Kuyt ever will.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Is it FACT ? is it not just your opinion - that doesnt make it FACT , FACTS are things like goals scored ,assists tackles etc , trophies won international caps etc they are FACTS , just cause someone has an opinion doesnt make his opinion FACT. so lets not go into the whole Kuyt thing again as he has proved himself this season and how important he has been for us and pretty much everyone can see that bar a few who just dont like him no matter what he does - the same with Rafa .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:22 pm

GYBS wrote:Is it FACT ? is it not just your opinion - that doesnt make it FACT , FACTS are things like goals scored ,assists tackles etc , trophies won international caps etc they are FACTS , just cause someone has an opinion doesnt make his opinion FACT. so lets not go into the whole Kuyt thing again as he has proved himself this season and how important he has been for us and pretty much everyone can see that bar a few who just dont like him no matter what he does - the same with Rafa .

Whats Kuyt good at?
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Scoring goals and creating chances , keeping hold of the ball , retaining possesion, adaptability,
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:26 pm

but thats just my opinion the facts are the goals he has scored this season is only second in number to gerrard - anyway lets stick with the thread .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:14 pm

GYBS wrote:Scoring goals and creating chances , keeping hold of the ball , retaining possesion, adaptability,

???

I said Dirk Kuyt, not Steven Gerrard.

:laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:51 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:Is it FACT ? is it not just your opinion - that doesnt make it FACT , FACTS are things like goals scored ,assists tackles etc , trophies won international caps etc they are FACTS , just cause someone has an opinion doesnt make his opinion FACT. so lets not go into the whole Kuyt thing again as he has proved himself this season and how important he has been for us and pretty much everyone can see that bar a few who just dont like him no matter what he does - the same with Rafa .

Whats Kuyt good at?

7 goals this season and a couple assists, 5 of those goals playing as a right midfielder not in his natural postion , seems pretty good to me for a player who got only 11 last season . Kuyt deserves more credit than he gets from some on here .
Last edited by Toffeehater on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:58 pm

The problem is when he scores against Arsenal or Inter in the CL people wont moan but as soon as we draw and he misses some chances people moan.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Exactly , kuyt is always the scapegoat whenever the results don't go our way . Last season he was immense in both games against arsenal in the champions league , inter as well .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 pm

And look how more influential he has been this season both in Europe and domestic. If it wasnt for the only goal scored from him we would be discussing post match UEFA cup tonight rather that who we can draw in the last 16 of the CL tomorrow.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

Whats Kuyt good at?

7 goals this season and a couple assists, 5 of those goals playing as a right midfielder not in his natural postion , seems pretty good to me for a player who got only 11 last season . Kuyt deserves more credit than he gets from some on here .

FACT!! good post mate  :D
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:47 pm

This place is full of fecking hypocrites. And I am one of them. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XaviHernandez » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:48 pm

Michael Owen was, is and will be a legend.
"If I could say what I wanted to say, I'd say I lay aside all again."
XaviHernandez

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls