Yes, keep him!
92%
No, sell him
3%
Not sure
5%

Total votes : 62

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:51 am

Watch this season and see how often he does what you suggest.

That will prove my point.
115-1073096938

Postby RobG14 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:20 pm

Stu the Red you are right about one thing and that is riise is definately not a left winger, however you seem to think that he is a quality left back. With all due respect i think your talking out of your ******, get down to the games next season and see for yourself. Theres seems to be too many people in this forum who don't go to the games and don't see the obvious about riise.

And those that think he is the next Roberto Carlos, you have to be joking.

Remember the season we finished second riise did score some goals however his performances left a lot to be desired. I do like our full backs to be able to get forward and score goals however they have to be able to defend as well which riise never has and never will be able to do.
RobG14

Postby taff » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:28 pm

Dum and dumber are at it again
Although Im with Stu we have not had good links between the wingers and left/right back since Rob Jones and Macca and thats what we need more of and Riise is the best in the squad currently to provide that
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:35 pm

Stu the Red you are right about one thing and that is riise is definately not a left winger, however you seem to think that he is a quality left back. With all due respect i think your talking out of your ******, get down to the games next season and see for yourself. Theres seems to

Lad, i've probably been to more games in my life than you ever will, i had a season ticket for 11 years untill last season and went to all the cup games, away games and friendlies around europe.

I've seen plenty of Riise and i judge players as individuals and not off there tactical and team play in a team that doesn't suit them tactically.

Riise as an individual has excellent ability and this hoof nonsense can and will coached out of his game by Benitez. Its not hard to tell a footballer not mindlessly hoof a ball, tell them that and the chances are they will listen. If they don't they go on the bench. Simple.
115-1073096938

Postby bpm1976 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:07 pm

I do rate the ginger one as a very useful squad player, yep he could improve in certain areas and keep his head more at times.  But to  off-load him would be our loss IMO.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby supersub » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:27 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Lad, i've probably been to more games in my life than you ever will, i had a season ticket for 11 years untill last season and went to all the cup games, away games and friendlies around europe.

Why did you give your season ticket up,Stu,but then continued to go to every game last season?

I've had mine for 25 years and would never give it up for anything.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:06 am

Finances, i simply could not afford it at the time it was due to be renewed and i was turned down for a loan the month before due to bein unemployed at the time :( i had/have a car to run aswell and i was between jobs and i couldn't ask me mum an dad for any more favours.

These days it would be no use anyways. I get to games through the job and time off, i also have a few mates with families and i can usually get one of there tickets if i can't get my own or go through work.

Last season i didnt' go to every game, i went to about 25 (guessing) games last season.

Probably the same this season if am lucky.

Believe me i cried when i had to give it up, but thats life.
115-1073096938

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:43 am

I knew it he would only get better :)

Rafael Benitez has backed John Arne Riise to keep banging in the goals after watching him net three in four games over the Christmas period. 
Riise is currently playing some of the best football of his Liverpool career to date after being encouraged by his manager to try and get on the scoresheet more often.

The Norwegian star has now hit the net five times this season and Benitez reckons he's capable of even more.

"When I came to Liverpool I watched the videos and read the statistics and saw how Riise scored seven goals in a season by playing as a winger" said Benitez.

"He's strong and powerful and I couldn't see why he didn't score even more goals.

"I told him to hit the target more and try, try, try for more goals. Now he's improving all the time and starting to score more goals. I think he can go and score even more."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:27 am

Of course keep him. Who else would you prefer at left back - Phil Neville?
Red_Si

Postby scouse girl » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:41 pm

SHOULD we keep him?!?!?! are you ******* mad!
Hes a BRILLIANT player (and briliantly ginger!)
but he should be playin left midfield instead of left back and hed be gettin a goal every 2 games!
scouse girl

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:54 am

Riise is back to his old form and he's a good player but honestly, how does he compare with Robben, Duff, Ronaldo, Pires and Giggs? I ask that question as he seems to have cemented his place at left midfield lately.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:21 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Riise is back to his old form and he's a good player but honestly, how does he compare with Robben, Duff, Ronaldo, Pires and Giggs? I ask that question as he seems to have cemented his place at left midfield lately.

ronaldo should be excluded from that string of players.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:38 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Riise is back to his old form and he's a good player but honestly, how does he compare with Robben, Duff, Ronaldo, Pires and Giggs? I ask that question as he seems to have cemented his place at left midfield lately.

ronaldo should be excluded from that string of players.

like it or not, i'm afraid we have to admit that he has all the required skills to be one of the best. He's young and talented, all he needs is some more while to mature, and all we say is who give it a sh1t.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:12 pm

CRA, take your rose tinted glasses off and forget Ronaldo is a mnaure player for one second  :D

cos he is a real talent like it or not.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:25 pm

LFC #1 wrote:CRA, take your rose tinted glasses off and forget Ronaldo is a mnaure player for one second  :D

cos he is a real talent like it or not.

but the guy is as fruity as beckham is, and because he plays for the SH!t team.
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls