Should john terry's red card have been rescinded?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Should john terry's red card have been rescinded?

Yes
47%
No
53%
Don't Know
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby Judge » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm

he's tried to con the ref, by pulling down Jo. too many times has terry got away with stuff - looks like he got away with this also.

carvalho would never have made cover - so for me its a red card

did FA give him yellow card instead - NO, just took off the red one and he's left with a clean record

Fu*king FA. so much disparity
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm

It's not the point of whether or not he deserved a straight red or not!
The fact is there have been other players over the years that have not deserved sent off appealed and nothing changed.
The fact is if it was a player from Stoke or Boro or some team like that the ban would have stood.
But oh no it was the england captain John Terry who plays for moneybags Chelsea.Usually the authorities stand by their decision as they dont like to undermine the refs..not in this case though and the reason is because of who the player is,its no reflection of the offence IMO!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:32 pm

Judge wrote:he's tried to con the ref, by pulling down Jo. too many times has terry got away with stuff - looks like he got away with this also.

carvalho would never have made cover - so for me its a red card

did FA give him yellow card instead - NO, just took off the red one and he's left with a clean record

Fu*king FA. so much disparity

they cant downgrade the red card to a yellow
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:33 pm

If the ref had sent him off for a professional foul i dont think it would of be rescinded - the ref :censored: up by saying it was for violent conduct .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:43 pm

last year a boro player was given an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal and this kunt gets away with a professional foul. you have to question whether carvhalio would have got back, if terry was confident of this he wouldn't have needed the sh*t rugby tackle

whatever the rights or wrongs this :censored: is a disgrace as england captain
112-1077774096

Postby tonyeh » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:23 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
Yooj Bigullz wrote:
GYBS wrote:As much as i hate Terry it should never of been a red card in the first place

You dont mind rugby tackles on a football pitch, however poorly executed?

it wasnt a rugby tackle.

it was not a red card offense.

--

oh, and what's the relavance to LFC?

-  Premiership general discussion thread next time tonyeh

Sorry to rub you the wrong way Redman, I thought it was ok to post such a question as I was interested in what you lot on here would think of this situation.

Besides, there's polls about "Fifa and PES", "Who will win La Liga", "Are pompey a big club" and "Who would you like to lose (mancs or chavs)".

So I reckoned it would be fine.
tonyeh

Postby Number 9 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Tell him to fu'ck off Tony! :D
Big deal you put in in the wrong place,no drama the mods can move it if they want!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:27 pm

It's not in the wrong place as far as I can tell: it's in "Football Related Polls" and it's football related.  We're good. :blues:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tonyeh » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:41 pm

GYBS wrote:If the ref had sent him off for a professional foul i dont think it would of be rescinded - the ref :censored: up by saying it was for violent conduct .

Halsey said that he sent Terry off because he felt the foul was "excessive, cynical and serious foul play".
tonyeh

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Bad Bob wrote:It's not in the wrong place as far as I can tell: it's in "Football Related Polls" and it's football related.  We're good. :blues:

its not in the wrong place now... its been moved. (was in liverpoolFC general discussion)   :)

dont worry tonyeh... didnt rub me up the wrong way... just thought i'd mention it for future reference 'tis all.

:)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:10 pm

I voted yes. It wasnt a red card offence, it was yellow at the most. I can see why people are against the decision though.  If these decisions are to be looked at in the future and equality is given to every unfair red card then surely thats a good thing? I doubt though, like many on here that will happen.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 pm

Terrys' attempted "tackle" was something you might see on a Rugby pitch. Certainly not in the spirit of the game and bringing a player down by wrapping your arm around their waist as they run past you has no place in football , it may not currently be deemed a red card offence but IMO it should be.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:47 pm

Red Card..... no question.... and to rescind it the way that it has, reeks of favouritism on the part of the FA
ConnO'var

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Shouldnt be alliowed to interfere with the decision
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:49 pm

the commentators were licking his balls during the match. fcuking idiots. ''oh they sent off england captain'' ''england captain this'' ''england captain that''. i was p!ssed beyond words. and he gets away with it all. it was a red card. he knew what he was doing. it was cynical. in fact he should be fined too.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls