Use him as a sub and see how he gets on
No votes
Give him plenty of 90min opportunity and see
67%
Definitely keep him
13%

Total votes : 24

Postby Woollyback » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:01 am

There's consistent talk on here (amongst other places) about whether Cisse is up to the task of playing up front for us or whether we'd be better flogging him in January if a decent bid comes in. Some cite his regular shows of apparent petulance as further evidence on top of lack of goals to let him go. I, however am in the camp that says give him time, and more importantly give him OPPORTUNITY!

So far this season he's been used only as a sub, usually after 70 or 80 minutes and been left up front on his own, or else he's been shoved out on the right as a makeshift winger

I think what he needs is a consistent run up front as a pairing with Crouch in a 4-4-2. If you look at his performance today against Birmingham he scored with a confident penalty, clearly F*CKING LOVES wearing the Liverpool shirt, and also weighed in with a couple of quality crosses

I think to carry on under-using him and then flogging him in January would be a complete waste of the £14M we spent on him. Give him a proper run up front in a 4-4-2 and I'm convinced he'll shine

Anyway enough of my waffle, this is a poll so give us your view
Last edited by Woollyback on Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:11 am

100% correct.
bring_back_biscan

Postby JBG » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:11 am

Cisse deserves a decent run in the team.

However, he needs to cut out the sulking and let his football do the talking (yes, I'm puttin' in for a script writin' job on the new Mike Bassett tv show).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:56 am

Woollyback wrote:There's consistent talk on here (amongst other places) about whether Cisse is up to the task of playing up front for us or whether we'd be better flogging him in January if a decent bid comes in. Some cite his regular shows of apparent petulance as further evidence on top of lack of goals to let him go. I, however am in the camp that says give him time, and more importantly give him OPPORTUNITY!

So far this season he's been used only as a sub, usually after 70 or 80 minutes and been left up front on his own, or else he's been shoved out on the right as a makeshift winger

I think what he needs is a consistent run up front as a pairing with Crouch in a 4-4-2. If you look at his performance today against Birmingham he scored with a confident penalty, clearly F*CKING LOVES wearing the Liverpool shirt, and also weighed in with a couple of quality crosses

I think to carry on under-using him and then flogging him in January would be a complete waste of the £14M we spent on him. Give him a proper run up front in a 4-4-2 and I'm convinced he'll shine

Well said fella!!
The man is proven quality,but the reality is in the increasingly favoured 4-5-1  a number of players are being denied the chance to fulfil potential and express themselves and show their NATURAL  best!

Look at Cisse???
People question his ability and attitude when hes clearly  frustrated at being given 10-20 minute cameo roles!
He believes in his ability but he is in danger of being totally robbed of  the little confidence he has left by Raffa's stubborn 'i am right' approach!
Dont get me wrong here
I think we have a fantastic manager in Raffa but today in my opinion he got it wrong frrom the word go against(with due respect)  a largely inferior team that  in  reality were there to be beaten!
I can think of a great man that may be turning in his grave,if  he could still talk he could be excused for utterring a few words!
Perhaps to raffa,'grow some balls son'!!!!
66-1120597113

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:43 am

cisse has scored six in the cl and 1 in the pl if we sell him then we'd be selling our only striker that can score goals we bought crouch for 77 million and he has had some ALL RIGHT games but hes finishing and control is appauling
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:18 am

Woollyback wrote:There's consistent talk on here (amongst other places) about whether Cisse is up to the task of playing up front for us or whether we'd be better flogging him in January if a decent bid comes in. Some cite his regular shows of apparent petulance as further evidence on top of lack of goals to let him go. I, however am in the camp that says give him time, and more importantly give him OPPORTUNITY!

Well-said, mate
110% agreed
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:40 pm

Sorry to say this but he has to be sold.

So he is quick and has a flashy hairstyle, is doesn’t hide that fact that he has huge deficiencies in his game.

If a decent offer comes in and we can find a good replacement he should definitely be sold, and that is what I expect to happen either in January or in the summer.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:40 pm

I think i love this guy's personality
"I get the same feeling now. When you score at Anfield it's hard to explain, but it's like 'Wooah! Wow! nothing else in life. I'm not going to say scoring's like making love, but it's almost the same.

from the official site

further of him interviewed by timesonline cracking one :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:23 pm

Cisse needs to start in a good few games to gain confidence and form before we see what he's capable of!
Im sure Raffa is aware of this but the question is,will Raffa ever give him say 5 or 6 starts on the trot?
It's not looking very likely so i doubt we'll ever see the best of Djibril Cisse unless Raffa takes a chance on him!
66-1120597113

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:42 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:we bought crouch for 77 million

not quite!  :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:02 am

looks like rafa won't play him. i would love to see him stay, such an easy player to like. but i have already started thinking he's gone and try not think about him in the line up. no sense in getting myself upset, just hope he doesn't go to another epl side.
Last edited by babu on Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:04 am

wow no votes for using him as a sub. interesting...

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:35 pm

With you on this one Wooly . I feels we are wasting Cisse , playing him out of position or just bringing him on for 10-15 mins  :angry:  I really don't know what Rafa's spin on this is .

If it were up to me I'd give Cisse every opportunity this side of xmas to show us what he can do . That means a regular place in the starting line up AND playing in his favoured position .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:53 pm

cant understand why rafa wont play him 4m the start...seems 2 get us a goal almost every time he's given a decent opportunity...plus he's the only striker we have atm who looks like scoring
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:38 pm

BY CISSE2BKING

What is going on between Rafa and Cisse?

I have always looked upon Cisse to be our main threat. I think Crouch has done really well so far and Flo is quality but Cisse is our real threat.(i dont count nando as a 1st team player to be honest)

I just can not see why he is starting on the bench, i accept that some games might not suit his style but i think given a GOOD run in the team he will prove him self. He has everything needed to play in the premiership but not had a chance to prove himself.

His body language the last few games has not been good and that has made me a little concerned! Does Rafa not like his type of player ? Rafa is in danger of starving Cissa of the most important season of his career

Maybe its me - maybe i rate him to highly. £14m is a lot to leave on the bench though  :veryangry
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Football Related Polls