Maybe, but definitely not for £13m
47%
Yes, another expensive French league player won't be another mistake
20%
No, Houllier should go before any more expensive flops arrive
33%

Total votes : 15

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:01 pm

That is how much I read he was signing for. When I've seen him play, for France and Auxerre, he has not been worth watching. I must confess I haven't seen him this season, but I still hold the opinion that people should get excited when he's doing things for Liverpool not for Auxerre in a completely different league
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby angry armchair » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:22 pm

If Mikey walks 'cos we can't turn over "lesser teams" and not qualify for the Champions league who is going to score 20 goals per season? ??? Heskey ? don't make me laugh!!!
Le Boss hasn't signed the best players I can't be bothered to name all the cr#p ones, it will take too damn long.
Can Cisse cut it in the big league & how long before Chelski or Scum tap him up if he's any good??  :angry:
angry armchair

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:46 pm

Isn't that the point though? If Cisse is THAT good, why hasn't Wenger or Ferguson bought him?!?!?!? The fee of about £14m would be comparable with Saha and Reyes, why did they not go for the all conquering Cisse? Perhaps because Reyes is phenomenal and Saha has been doing it in the Premiership for Fulham.............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby angry armchair » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:15 pm

I really want him to be that good, he (Cisse) see us as a springbroad, the question is to where? That is a worry.
Mikey looks Fu**$)d a new baby will do that to you. God help us when it catches up with Stevie G :O
angry armchair

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:15 pm

Sparky wrote:Surely he will not cost 13mil so close to the expiry of his contract? (ie kewell 5mil!!).  more likely to cost half that due to the situation the transfer market is in!!

£14m is the latest reported fee
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby angry armchair » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:32 pm

I pray that whatever he costs, he can deliver for LFC :cool:
angry armchair

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:26 pm

I have been watching him in the french league and he is a world class player. He has scored 20 goals in the league (which is twice what Owen has scored) .
I just hope he is as good in the premiership as he is in the french legue.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:21 pm

Is he better than that dude from marseilles..drogma or watever? Ive never seen Cisse play...id prefer it was Alan smith or that  guy on loan to birmingham (hes so good i forget his name lol) or BOTH!
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:08 pm

Forssell - maybe a solution, has he turned in 20 a season though?
Smith - more yellow cards than goals, not much more worthwhile than Heskey

Cisse - from what I've seen I'm not impressed, but I haven't seen him this season. Never saw anything in his game to suggest he was anything special
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby angry armchair » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:26 pm

If he's that good why hasn't anyone else bought him, I believe he will stay 4 years and move on to a Spanish side
angry armchair

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:26 am

Supermarius wrote:Is he better than that dude from marseilles..drogma or watever? Ive never seen Cisse play...

Its Drogba. Its hard to tell if he is really better than him because Cisse started this season scoring for fun (he had like 18 goals at christmas) but his form has dropped and he has around 20 something goals now.
(*number of goals quoted for all competitions not just league)
But Drogba at the moment is on fire he has caught up with Cisse in the top goal scorers list for the league.
Cisse has 20 and Drogba has 19 in the league.

I was always for signing Cisse but Im starting to have doubts. I mean is he really worth 14m ?
I say we sack Houllier and then see what the new manager decides.

:)
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:28 am

Owzat wrote:Forssell - maybe a solution, has he turned in 20 a season though?

He has scored 20 goals but how are we supposed to compete with Chelsea next season if we're signing players that aren't good enough for their first team and as a result are loaned out ?
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:34 am

angry armchair wrote:If he's that good why hasn't anyone else bought him

There have been many other clubs linked with him (including united) but Houllier was the most dedicated on buying him and he is keen to come here.

p.s. it wouldn't surprise me if other teams bid for him in the summer.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:59 am

Just to tell (those who don't know) that Cisse scored tonight. :)
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:10 am

Spending possibly £13 million and getting what ? 3 million tops for Heskey isn't good business in my opinion. I'd rather see Kluivert come here on a  free (Contract expires in a month). For £13 you could buy Cole from Chelsea and a top quality defender ( Soton Centre Half perhaps ?) and still have change to buy someone pomising like Carlton Cole at Charlton. We need a RIGHT SIDED Midfielder anda Central Defender a LOT more than we meed a number 9 and Kluivert would give us loads of options in attack and be a great foil for OWen.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls