Baros: now let him out of his cage - What about cisse?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Baros: now let him out of his cage - What about cisse?

Put him altogether upfront, positioning to be oriented later.
No votes
Owen - Baros
17%
Baros - Cisse
39%
Cisse - Owen
39%
Ian Rush - John Aldridge (kidding this one) :D
6%

Total votes : 18

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:46 am

This is my first poll ever:)

Baros has just proven his teeth are as sharp as many fans believe.
Assuming If:
- Cisse to come (99%);
- Owen to stay (99%);
- Baros performance is assumed to be at least constant.
Then what would you choose to be the first forward lineups?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:22 am

Haven't seen Cisse play alongside Owen so difficult to call. Must admit although I like Baros never thought him and Owen really "clicked" together. I guess I'll go for Owen & Cisse as I'm assuming thats what GH had in mind when he went for Cisse.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:49 am

-----------Dudek-----------

Riise Hyypia Ayala Carra

Kewell Aimar Gerrard

Cisse    Baros

Owen

What do you think?

If we indeed do have the second best defender in the world in my opinion, and Gerrard is being defensive and stuff.. why not..?  :D
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:48 am

Bold, I like 4-3-3 as it makes for good attacking football, but its not the option against Arsenal or in the CL.

Riise at RB though, I presume you have made a mistake there Chiggzy lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:30 am

So, which one would you pick, Leon?
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:10 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:-----------Dudek-----------

Riise Hyypia Ayala Carra

Kewell Aimar Gerrard

Cisse    Baros

Owen

What do you think?

If we indeed do have the second best defender in the world in my opinion, and Gerrard is being defensive and stuff.. why not..?  :D

I wouldn't mind seeing this formation against those smaller clubs we've failed to score enough against last season. Owen, Baros and Cisse could grind their defence into the turf :)
Swap Riise and Carra around obviously.
So..you think we will get Aimar and Ayala? Well, I hope so.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:49 am

Owen and Cisse without doubt.

Baros will never be in Owen's class of player... however he would be superb to have as a third choice striker.

I have no doubt that he could be a 20 goal a season player in the near future.
115-1073096938

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:03 pm

MILAN BAROS

App   Goals 

Liverpool          61     14
Banik Ostrava    12      15     
Czech Republic  20     14

Milan Baros was signed from Banik Ostrava by Liverpool on 21 December 2001 for £3.4m. In signing Baros, Liverpool managed to pull off a double-coup by signing one of the hottest prospects in European football from under the noses of Borussia Dortmund, Internazionale and Juventus.

In reality, there was only one destination for the player. Having spoken to influential Czech internationals Patrik Berger and Vladimir Smicer, he decided to opt for a move to the Anfield club.

Baros was due to sign for Liverpool as soon as he had completed the requisite number of international matches he needed to have played to earn him a work permit. The striker was spotted by Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier while playing in the 2001 European under-21 Championship. In all his 14 appearances for the under-21 side before he progressed to the full international team, Milan scored nine goals.

Dubbed the 'Ostravan Maradona' for his dazzling close control, the striker earned his first call up to the Czech Republic's national side for a game with Belgium, where he made an instant impression with a goal. By the end of the 2002/03 season, Baros had become a regular in the senior side and a regular goalscorer for his country - in 8 appearances he scored 6 goals - one of them helping the Czechs to beat European Champions France 2-0.

In signing the forward for Liverpool Gerard Houllier displayed what he hopes, in Baros' case, is the ability to pick up talented prospects just before they come of age. With Liverpool needing to find a player who would back up Michael Owen and Emile Heskey at the time Baros arrived, Houllier may have found the player to fill the gap left by Robbie Fowler when he moved to Leeds United.

Baros made his Liverpool debut in March 2002, when he came on as a substitute for Emile Heskey, in the Reds' Champions League draw with Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Within a year, Baros had become a regular member of the first team. Injuries to Houllier's main strikers Owen and Heskey, and dips in form, paved the way for the youngster to make his mark - and he did - with 12 goals for Liverpool during the 2002/03 season.

He bagan the 2003/04 season in fine fettle, displacing Emile Heskey from the starting eleven and linking up well with Michael Owen. But before his season really started, Milan was left with a broken ankle just five games into the campaign after a fair tackle from Liverpool defender Markus Babbel, on loan at Ewood Park for the season.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:07 pm

14 goals in 20 games is phenomenal! :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:21 pm

Eet wuz not eenuf, right monsieur? :D :D :laugh:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:32 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:So, which one would you pick, Leon?

Cisse and Owen up front.

Not a problem having Milan as well though, you really do need four top class strikers, remember Anelka, Litmanen, Heskey, Fowler and Owen?

Manure had Sheringham, Yorke, Cole and Solskajaer.

Arsenal have been very lucky in that Henry has delivered, without him they would be nowhere.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:47 pm

i like the three up front as it will cause havock for the smaller clubs but my only consern would be to lose steve's attacking force and drive as he wouldn't want to stray too far forward for fear of getting cought out.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:07 pm

i read it was 16 in 25 for the national side...
115-1073096938

Postby JohnBull » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:31 pm

The lad's a crowd pleaser but not in Owens class and because he plays a similar game will be played as back-up . If he'll put up with it?
Last edited by JohnBull on Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:10 pm

baros has always scored goals , but can only score when he plays which really did,nt happen for the lad under the last regime. i think any manager who came in would love to have him in his squad.:) :) :)
fritzylfc

Next

Return to Football Related Polls