Cisse to anfield? - Could he do a proper job for us?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Cisse to anfield? - Could he do a proper job for us?

Superb signing for us!
48%
Good player to partner Owen.
14%
OK..but expensive.
25%
Not good enough.
3%
Complete waste of money!
10%

Total votes : 69

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:27 pm

Auxerre president Jean-Claude Hamel has insisted that Djibril Cisse will definitely be a Liverpool player next season.
Cisse, who is contracted to Auxerre until June 2006, has been a long-term target for Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier who is keen to team him up with England striker Michael Owen.

And Hamel is adamant that a deal will be finalised with Auxerre powerless to match the money on offer to Cisse at Anfield.

"Djibril will play in a great European club next campaign, this is 100%," Hamel revealed in Paris on Friday.

"Liverpool have been following him for ages, and the details of his transfer are now on a very positive path.

"We cannot prevent our talented players leaving the club and talented players like Cisse join great European clubs like Liverpool.

"We can't really challenge them financially anyway.

"This is excellent for Djibril's career. He gave a lot to Auxerre and this is good for him that he experiences something else."

Auxerre coach Guy Roux has told France Football that Liverpool are ready to pay up to £13.9m for Cisse.

"This is a huge and realistic sum," said Roux, who also claimed Cisse travelled to Liverpool at the start of the week to visit the club's facilities and pass his medical.

"Cisse passed his medical at the start of the week," claimed Roux. "He found the agreement with Liverpool and this is now both clubs' role to finalise the deal."

Like Hamel, Roux is convinced Liverpool are the right club for Cisse, who he believes, will be a great success in England.

"This is an excellent choice, probably the best he could make," Roux said.

"He will probably by a first-team member fast and I truly think his game will pair extremely well with that of [Michael] Owen's.

"This is simple, I'm convinced that he will massacre all the English defences."

Cisse has scored 63 goals in six seasons with Auxerre as well as three goals in 16 matches with France.

-----

Hmm...13.9 million quid ??? What the hell his he playing at? Why don't we just wait till another year and sign him for half that price.

What are your thoughts on him??
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby Chinesegirl » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:58 am

I think he's a little expensive.
But he is a good player.
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby Dom1 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:30 am

GOOD POINT CG!! :)  :)

I JUST HAVE A FEELING HE WILL BE THE NEXT DIOUF.......AND NOBODY WANTS THAT!!DO THEY?
dOM1 :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:50 pm

if he helps win the prem i do not care how much he cost. nice pic from the chinesegirl :D
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby JamesHap » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:08 am

Will be a great partner to Saint Michael!
JamesHap

Postby Dom1 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:12 am

ST MICHAEL MY a#se!! :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby footy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:17 pm

i think cisse is a good signing,and will partner milan baros much better than owen(who is going anyway).
footy

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:57 pm

wake up u muppet owen is not going anywhere cos of his family we get 4th place and we buy good in the summer
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:58 am

Is that CG's picture?if so is she the one on the right?.....Doesn't matter both ok in my book...
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:12 pm

I'd rather not hear that we're spending £13m on another French league player. Just think, we could have had Anelka for that.........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1070900655 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:52 pm

Owzat wrote:I'd rather not hear that we're spending £13m on another French league player. Just think, we could have had Anelka for that.........

Cisse is waaaaay much better than Anelka. I believe he is worth the money. I see Liverpool on top next year.
66-1070900655

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:25 pm

r u real anelka is not a liverpool player wants his own way to much. and yes the cg r very nice:D
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:26 pm

on top i will hold u to that ok this time next year mate:)
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby 66-1070900655 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:27 pm

French international Djibril Cisse has once again expressed his desire to join Liverpool, regardless of who the manager will be at the time.

The Auxerre striker has long been linked with a move to Anfield, with some even suggesting a January deal was on the cards.

But while this seems unlikely, it is almost definite that he'll be donning the red of Liverpool come season 2004/2005.

Cisse told the Daily Star: "I still intend to sign for Liverpool. It has always been very precise with them. There has been no direct contact with United, but I am already advanced with Liverpool and they are my priority."

One thing that isn't quite as sure is the future of Reds boss Gerard Houllier. Chairman David Moores has pinpointed fourth spot as an absolute minimum, but some hot-and-cold form has seen the team struggle into sixth position in the Premiership table.

Reports on Friday suggested that Martin O'Neill could be on the verge of making the switch from Celtic to Anfield and is just waiting for a phone call from Merseyside.

Nonetheless, Cisse is adamant he will join Liverpool anyway...

"We all know where we are because we have been talking for a long time," he added.

"I still want to go to Liverpool. Gerard Houllier's position make no difference.  If I leave at the end of the season it will be for Liverpool and not another club."

Manchester United have also been linked with the Frenchman, although either Mark Viduka or Jermaine Defoe seem the more likely options.
66-1070900655

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:45 pm

classy act we deserve him
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Football Related Polls