Cisse to anfield? - Could he do a proper job for us?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Cisse to anfield? - Could he do a proper job for us?

Superb signing for us!
48%
Good player to partner Owen.
14%
OK..but expensive.
25%
Not good enough.
3%
Complete waste of money!
10%

Total votes : 69

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:46 pm

Big Ben wrote:
Owzat wrote:I'd rather not hear that we're spending £13m on another French league player. Just think, we could have had Anelka for that.........

Cisse is waaaaay much better than Anelka. I believe he is worth the money. I see Liverpool on top next year.

I'll ask you these questions : -

1) Which of Anelka and Cisse has a World Cup winners medal and/or a European Championship medal?

2) Who has the most goals in the Premiership - Anelka or Cisse?

3) Who has won most trophies in England - Anelka or Cisse?

I'm not saying that Cisse is the worst player in the World, just that he hasn't PROVEN himself in English football because he hasn't played English football. Given a choice between a proven Premiership goalscorer and a potential superstar from the French League there is no contest - Anelka wins every time. £13m+ is one hell of a gamble, Cisse could have a mare at Liverpool like Saha did at Newcastle
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1070900655 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:07 pm

Owzat wrote:
Big Ben wrote:
Owzat wrote:I'd rather not hear that we're spending £13m on another French league player. Just think, we could have had Anelka for that.........

Cisse is waaaaay much better than Anelka. I believe he is worth the money. I see Liverpool on top next year.

I'll ask you these questions : -

1) Which of Anelka and Cisse has a World Cup winners medal and/or a European Championship medal?

2) Who has the most goals in the Premiership - Anelka or Cisse?

3) Who has won most trophies in England - Anelka or Cisse?

I'm not saying that Cisse is the worst player in the World, just that he hasn't PROVEN himself in English football because he hasn't played English football. Given a choice between a proven Premiership goalscorer and a potential superstar from the French League there is no contest - Anelka wins every time. £13m+ is one hell of a gamble, Cisse could have a mare at Liverpool like Saha did at Newcastle

Answers:

1) Anelka

2) Anelka

3)Anelka

I don't see anywhere I would challenge you this time. I aggree, but if Anelka wasn't given a chance, he wouldn't prove himself.
I'm saying it, cause I have followed both of their career. Give the lad the chance and you won't regret it.
66-1070900655

Postby hobbes » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:44 pm

G H always turn to france..Why cant he spot players anywhere else. He is following Wenger's footstep. G H should open his eyes and look for new talents. Pardon me for saying this is he trying to enrich his collegeus in France.
hobbes

Postby big al » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:23 pm

I don't know a lot about Cisse but £12 million seems a lot of money for a player who has not yet proven himself on the international stage.  £12 million in todays market could bring some excellent players to Liverpool.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:34 pm

I think all these comments about Cisse are hilarious in that I'll bet most people on these forums have not seen him play in the flesh (unless people here saw him play against the Pool in the UEFA Cup last year when he was dreadful) and are going on a few highlights & goals shown on Eurosport.

I think Owzat has made the most sensible comment by saying that Cisse has done nothing yet.

I too have seen Cisse score a few nice goals on Eurosport but he didn't particularly impress me when I saw him on the box playing for France in the 2002 WC and its a huge step (as Diouff has proved) from being a star in France to being a star in Liverpool.

If he comes here I wish him all the best and wait with baited breath, but as things stand I see no reason why he is the solution to all our problems.

On his day, Nicholas Anelka is the best out and out striker in world football. Arsene Wenger said himself that Anelka is potentially better than Henry and Ronaldo. His power and balance while running at defences is simply unparalled.

We should have gambled on him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby columbia » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:00 pm

im not sure he seems a little on the expensive side, we'll have to wait and see though. There's a lot of hype about him. People saying he's better than anelka thoutgh are just being rediculous.......

although the arguments you made wern't fair because cisse has never played in the premiership. Ill reserve judgement untill he's played a few games.
columbia

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:23 pm

I agree, i think all Red fans were gutted when GH didn't Anelka however, i do think GH must have had some genuine reasons for signing the lad. As for Cisse, i simply haven't seen enuff of him to formulate an opinion. Has anyone seen him play more than a couple of games? 14million does seem a lot of money considering the time left on his contract. It is encouraging to hear that he has been scouted, watched and monitored for a long time unlike Diouff who was bought on the back of a good world cup (always the worst time to buy players!)
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bpm1976 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:33 pm

For that sort of money 12-13milion, would nt Kluivert or Defoe be money better spent? thats if we could tempt them, not seen enough of Cisse to say for sure if hes up to the job.  In general people seem split 50/50 as to if he would be a good signing or not, however either of the two above would be welcomed with open arms!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:06 pm

Not sure about Defoe, West Ham get the best and worst from him. He is their goals but also rather too much of a discipline case. If Joe Cole is up for grabs, maybe we could try and swap him with one of unwanted players.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby French-LFC-fan » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:18 pm

Hello everybody.
As you can see I'm from france (so sorry for my english)
I just want to tell you that cissé is a very very very player for liverpool.
I think that he is really stronger than henry at the same age. And he is better than anelka now!!!
And his play style is ideal for england.
You'll problably love him.
French-LFC-fan

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:44 am

If every French player left Anfield I wouldn't be too upset
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flea » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:02 am

i hate cisse..he always keeps the ball and he try to score..and i hate him because he nerver thinks that it's his fault his really an a##hole..
Flea

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:06 pm

From what I've seen of Cisse he seems a very good player, but not worth the price we paid for him.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:39 pm

I have see Cisse on several times, he impressed me but not worth the price that we paid for him. Football are getting greasy now. Life is too short.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:58 am

Starbridge42 wrote:From what I've seen of Cisse he seems a very good player, but not worth the price we paid for him.

Please tell me we haven't actually signed him yet. I can't believe the board would ok it or any £13m signing with Houllier's job in the balance. We're sitting in sixth and fourth is his "target", they are mad if that is true
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls