Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Owen or fowler - Who would u like bac at anfield

owen
21%
fowler (god)
79%

Total votes : 14

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:49 pm

I think Fowler was a more technical player than Owen, particularly in his shooting in that he could swing his leg at anything and it would hit the target but Owen shades it overall given his electric pace, better anticipation and greater mobility.

Also, if Fowler was supposedly better, where was his international career? don't get me wrong, i'm a robbie fan, but he wasted his career.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:07 pm

stmichael wrote:I think Fowler was a more technical player than Owen, particularly in his shooting in that he could swing his leg at anything and it would hit the target but Owen shades it overall given his electric pace, better anticipation and greater mobility.

Also, if Fowler was supposedly better, where was his international career? don't get me wrong, i'm a robbie fan, but he wasted his career.

Knee injuries didn't help but i can help but agree with   st mick that Robbie could and should have been a much more decorated player the signs he showed in his early years out shone anything even Michael Owen did. he should have been a superstar.    :(   :(   :(  still god though  :;):
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:34 pm

stmichael wrote:I think Fowler was a more technical player than Owen, particularly in his shooting in that he could swing his leg at anything and it would hit the target but Owen shades it overall given his electric pace, better anticipation and greater mobility.

To criticise Fowlers international career is unfair, everybody knows fowler came about at the wrong time, when the Shearer and sheringham partnership was the England strikeforce, they would never be dropped, if remember correctly before euro 96 shearer went 14 internationals without scoring and still wasn't dropped despite press and fans wanting Fowler to get a chance. After his injurys the new man was Owen so Fowler missed out on first team international football.

For England fowler has always been limited to substitute apperances, Fowler probably has less than 10 england starts to his name, also when Fowler first burst onto the scene England rarely capped youngsters like today, managers like Venables only played tried and tested players. Despite this he still managed 7 England goals from 26 appearances, compare this to heskey something like 6 goals from 40 appearances most of them starts.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:30 am

i put owen but i think maybe fowler... i dunno, has fowloer lost it? could he do it for us?
he could still be a good poacher i guess, but cant see him playing at top level? would eb cool if he did
id take owen back but i think he'll be happy and do well where he is, so good luck to the little guy, he did alot of us and should be remembered for it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:45 am

fowler - thats it
106-1093504160

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls