LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 26, 2018 11:02 pm

He has cost us tonight plain and simple. As an outfield player who has put everything into the game, must be heart wrenching/infuriating to see your keeper gift wrapping 2 goals like that to the opposition when you've pretty much had them contained. I just cannot explain what he was doing for the first one. 2nd one was another atrocious mistake. One thing I did notice was Ramos seemed to elbow him in the head few minutes before his first moment of madness.
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 11:07 pm

leeroy74 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:01 pm wrote:May as well lock this thread... He a gonna after tonight

X 1000!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 pm

At least it is clear cut now that we need a new GK. Karius seemed set to stay no.1 but after tonight it is proof enough we require a quality replacement.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 pm

I'm not gonna tear him apart. He wants to achieve things with this club .. but unfortunately he's not good enough. We need to be heartless and bring in a world class no1. Klopp should have dealt with this issue back in Jan when Mignolet was having a mare.. I knew it would cost us eventually.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 11:41 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 pm wrote:I'm not gonna tear him apart.

I am, unfortunately! Madrid weren't that good tonight. Benzema and Ronaldo weren't at the very best either, they were fairly quiet. Good finish by Bale etc..

We lost tonight, because our Idiotic goalkeeper gifted them two easy goals, that they never had to earn.

Salah, went off yes, but the score was still 0-0, and was still all to play for.

This turkey, offload tonight please.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun May 27, 2018 12:18 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat May 26, 2018 10:41 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 pm wrote:I'm not gonna tear him apart.

I am, unfortunately! Madrid weren't that good tonight. Benzema and Ronaldo weren't at the very best either, they were fairly quiet. Good finish by Bale etc..

We lost tonight, because our Idiotic goalkeeper gifted them two easy goals, that they never had to earn.

Salah, went off yes, but the score was still 0-0, and was still all to play for.

This turkey, offload tonight please.

No need to tear him up, everyone knows he cost us the game ,he knows it ,Klopps knows it ,the players know and the fans...It's a tragedy for this young lad but it's a price you pay for such mistakes.
He was never a top GK and today just sealed the deal on his LFC career ,i doubt he will get a job at a top tier club in the coming future...I wish all the best but not with a Liverpool shirt.

Having said that...If their is a manager that like to keep rejects it's Klopp  :nod  ,but this will not pass well with anyone..This summer let's leave sentiments behind.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:57 am

http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby killerp » Sun May 27, 2018 9:22 am

Ramos is a dirty c.unt and played a decisive roll in weakening our team.
killerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 10:45 am

Feel sorry for the lad. He'll be broken after that and I'm not sure how he'll ever come back from this.

Klopp will back him publicly, but deep down he knows that Karius isn't good enough. He lacks focus and - like Lovern - has a howler or two in his game.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 am

I watch a lot of L1 football and there are better keepers than Karius in that division.

Appreciate its noble to get behind and support players but Karius is beyond the sympathy line, way beyond after last night.

Klopp and the club have already paid a heavy price for persevering with Karius against every other voice and to stick with him now would be absolute madness.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 am

parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 10:06 am wrote:Appreciate its noble to get behind and support players but Karius is beyond the sympathy line, way beyond after last night.

Agree. Thought it was telling that no LFC players went up to console Karius after the final whistle. Not one...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 11:36 am

7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 am wrote:
parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 10:06 am wrote:Appreciate its noble to get behind and support players but Karius is beyond the sympathy line, way beyond after last night.

Agree. Thought it was telling that no LFC players went up to console Karius after the final whistle. Not one...

Which was wrong imo, you win as a team and you lose as a team, it wasn't as if all our outfield players were fantastic, the moment Mo went off Madrids midfield completely bossed that game.
Milner did nothing, Lallana did nothing, Henderson did some things but they all involved passing the ball backwards, he just refused to turn with the ball and face Madrids goal, I love Bobby but he disappeared once Mo went off as well, Trent dropped us right in the s[hit] more than once with some sloppy passing out of defence....I could go on and on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun May 27, 2018 11:50 am

He has my sympathy and the image of him holding his hands up in tears in front a of a stand full of Liverpool fans applauding him back is something I won't forget.

Football is a ruthless game, he's gone in my opinion. He's always had a mistake in him and he waited until he was in the biggest stage of all to commit 2 of them.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 11:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 10:36 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 am wrote:

Which was wrong imo, you win as a team and you lose as a team, it wasn't as if all our outfield players were fantastic, the moment Mo went off Madrids midfield completely bossed that game.
Milner did nothing, Lallana did nothing, Henderson did some things but they all involved passing the ball backwards, he just refused to turn with the ball and face Madrids goal, I love Bobby but he disappeared once Mo went off as well, Trent dropped us right in the s[hit] more than once with some sloppy passing out of defence....I could go on and on.

A lot of players were off the boil...but then again a lot of them are knackered. It's been a long season and now they've got a WC to play in  :(
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 27, 2018 12:32 pm

The throw out to Benzema is reminiscent of someone with a cognitive impairment, hes done this before where he appears so casual and without focus as to have absolutely no sense of danger or obstacles around him.

I dont know the lad from Adam but he presents with unwavering confidence but it is nothing but bravado, a front. Deep down Karius is a very nervous individual and I genuinely believe he doesn’t have faith in himself when push comes to shove in big games.

Its really been unfair of Klopp to put him in a position he cannot handle and Karius is the managers weak spot. Klopp is desperate to prove his own judgement on Karius and fight everyone who disagrees with him. To my knowledge Klopp hasn’t yet defended Karius so be interesting to observe comments in the coming days.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion