LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 pm

Today proves, beyond reasonable doubt, why Lucas should never be allowed to play for us again...
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:25 pm

He had a good game tonight, plays a lot further up than Gerrard does and has more of an natural instinct for the position IMO (not as good as Gerrard on the ball though). Considering he was cramping up (and considering he's not exactly flavour of the month at the moment) he showed a lot of guts to firstly volunteer to be our second penalty taker and secondly to score both pens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:25 pm wrote:He had a good game tonight, plays a lot further up than Gerrard does and has more of an natural instinct for the position IMO (not as good as Gerrard on the ball though). Considering he was cramping up (and considering he's not exactly flavour of the month at the moment) he showed a lot of guts to firstly volunteer to be our second penalty taker and secondly to score both pens.

Honestly you think it matters how he played last night? I see no value giving credit to a lad which has no place in LFC (for years now) ,it doesn't really matter if he pulls a decent performance in a specific game. BTW i thought he was average as the rest of the bunch, he is a championship level player.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:52 am

only me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:39 am wrote:Honestly you think it matters how he played last night? I see no value giving credit to a lad which has no place in LFC (for years now) ,it doesn't really matter if he pulls a decent performance in a specific game. BTW i thought he was average as the rest of the bunch, he is a championship level player.

You're missing the point

I.E. when some members have an ongoing "problem" with a player, in this case Gerrard, praising any other player who fills in for Gerrard  (even Lucas !) is a required, almost Pavlovian  response.    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:06 am

woof woof ! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:52 am wrote:
only me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:39 am wrote:Honestly you think it matters how he played last night? I see no value giving credit to a lad which has no place in LFC (for years now) ,it doesn't really matter if he pulls a decent performance in a specific game. BTW i thought he was average as the rest of the bunch, he is a championship level player.

You're missing the point

I.E. when some members have an ongoing "problem" with a player, in this case Gerrard, praising any other player who fills in for Gerrard  (even Lucas !) is a required, almost Pavlovian  response.    :D

I'm consistent bashing everyone :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Yes, Lucas was OK yesterday but hopefully that won't encourage the manager to partner him with Gerrard again for the derby. It should always be one or the other.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:00 pm

I have a feeling that he will, and we will lose.
You heard it here first
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:40 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:52 am wrote:

You're missing the point

Better than the almost' Draconian' measures inflicted on one of the greatest midfielder's in Europe .....IE , the embarrassment Rodgers heaps on Gerrard in an almost
punitive sense ,every time he insists on incorporating this depleted former Liverpool Legend into our starting eleven....Lucas was awful against the Hammerz ,but he
was better last night.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:30 pm

"Draconian"

:laugh:

Ding Ding, time for another biscuit.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:07 pm

No more disproportionate than ' Pavlovian' ,and are you certain its a biscuit fella ,as I do have concerns over your judgement   :;):

Get rid of that 'Betamax' fella ,you probably still see Gerrard in  fast forward  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:05 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:07 pm wrote:No more disproportionate than ' Pavlovian' ,and are you certain its a biscuit fella ,as I do have concerns over your judgement   :;):

Get rid of that 'Betamax' fella ,you probably still see Gerrard in  fast forward  :D

Betamax  ?, with Michael Keaton ? fun  movie  :nod

More seriously, instead of the almost continuous knocking of a true Liverpool legend perhaps we might be better employed questioning the manner in which our manager has employed him ?

Lampard, two years older than Gerrard, during his so far brief spell at Man city looks like he can still complete at the highest level, is it because he's been given little defensive responsibilities ?

Some members have already mentioned that perhaps Stevie G and his undeniable talent should be unshackled and moved back into a more advanced midfield role, game by game I think I'm beginning to agree with them.

Maybe the problem is not so much Gerrards abilities but more so our Managers decision on how to best employ them.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:36 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:05 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:07 pm wrote:No more disproportionate than ' Pavlovian' ,and are you certain its a biscuit fella ,as I do have concerns over your judgement   :;):

Betamax  ?, with Michael Keaton ? fun  movie  :nod

More seriously, instead of the almost continuous knocking of a true Liverpool legend perhaps we might be better employed questioning the manner in which our manager has employed him ?

Lampard, two years older than Gerrard, during his so far brief spell at Man city looks like he can still complete at the highest level, is it because he's been given little defensive responsibilities ?

Some members have already mentioned that perhaps Stevie G and his undeniable talent should be unshackled and moved back into a more advanced midfield role, game by game I think I'm beginning to agree with them.

Its because Lampard was given the opportunity to afford his legs 15 minutes as an impact sub ,Gerrard could be utilised likewise ,but not for 90 minutes. As for knocking
the lad ,he's a footballer who is paid a kings ransom to perform to the best of his ability ,Its like a comedian who knows when his jokes get stale its time to get off the stage ....Its not about lambasting a legend ,its about loving the club more ,and legends fade and legends leave its happened right through our history .

I don't hold with sentimentality, especially if its to the detriment of the club ,and I make no apologies for shaking off the terminal tunnel vision some members seem
inflicted with even when the player in question fails to make one single tackle throughout the whole course of a game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:45 pm

I don't hold with sentimentality either !

But my inferred question still remains unanswered, i.e. is our manager responsible for not getting the best out of what Gerrards ability has left to offer ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:22 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:45 pm wrote:I don't hold with sentimentality either !

But my inferred question still remains unanswered, i.e. is our manager responsible for not getting the best out of what Gerrards ability has left to offer ?

The answer is 'Yes' ,we all had our reservations when this new role was designed with the specific intentions to save his legs and prolong his career ,I think if I'm
honest the answer lies somewhere betwixt Rodgers respect for the club and its Legends  or simply  his Ego , although I'm not entirely sure which holds sway.  ???

The answer is simple quell this incessant desire to play Gerrard in every match and curb his appearances ,only then could we see an invigorated Steven Gerrard
ready to answer his critics .....Imagine being able to introduce a player for the last 15 minutes to play in the hole behind the strikers with his undoubted credentials.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Recent rumors saying that he'll be off to Napoli. There were some quotes by Lucas himself I believe, that he'll be leaving in Jan. IMO he deserves another look at, just without Gerrard in the side. I think he still has something to offer this team, as we witnessed yesterday.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion