LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:34 am

Seeing that we're linked to so many players, where does this leave Lucas? Sell or keep?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:49 am

He's steady, a good professional, a " coaches type player" in he follows instruction and he has kept his head down and worked hard through all his dips. I think he can always find a place as a squad player. If he left it will be because he wants more first team football.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:05 am

kazza » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:49 am wrote:He's steady, a good professional, a " coaches type player" in he follows instruction and he has kept his head down and worked hard through all his dips. I think he can always find a place as a squad player. If he left it will be because he wants more first team football.

Yeah he does seem to really love the club too. Apparently while he was injured he was scouting for us. Plus he seems to be a great person to have in the dressing room. Would prefer to keep him simply for those reasons, and yours.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby aCe' » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:19 am

I'd probably keep him unless a tempting offer comes, or he decides he wants more minutes elsewhere. He's the sort of player you could really use in the Champions League and he'll definitely get his chance with the number of games we'll be playing next season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:07 am

He is a good squad player and as far as I can see, his strength is in intercepting the opponents attack, that's all. He seldom makes the killer passes that leads to goals and can give away unnecessary free kicks at dangerous positions.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:38 am

He can perform that deep lying CM role that Gerrard is currently doing quite well but he's not athletic enough to play further forward. Never the less Gerrard is 34 next month and it's a big ask to expect a 34 year old to play every league, CL, league cup and FA cup fixture so Lucas will get a fair amount of game time I imagine next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 13, 2014 7:33 am

Lucas is considering leaving Liverpool after losing his place in the second half of this season, a source told ESPN FC.

Lucas has appeared in 243 games for Liverpool, but may be moving on next season.
The Brazilian had been a regular in the starting 11 when fit since Xabi Alonso moved to Real Madrid in 2009.

But since manager Brendan Rodgers installed captain Steven Gerrard as his first-choice defensive midfielder in January, Lucas has only started four games. Three of those were when an usually ever-present Jordan Henderson was suspended.

The 27-year-old is pessimistic about his chances of reclaiming his spot in the team and was disappointed to lose his place in the Brazil squad.

Lucas, who has won 24 caps and had been part of Luiz Felipe Scolari's plans, was omitted from his 23-man party for the World Cup.

Chelsea's Ramires, Inter Milan's Hernanes, Tottenham's Paulinho, Wolfsburg's Luiz Gustavo and Manchester City's Fernandinho, who are all playing regular first-team football for their respective clubs, were preferred for the central midfield roles.

Lucas joined Liverpool from Gremio for 5 million pounds in 2007 and has gone on to score six goals in 243 games during his seven-year stay on Merseyside, winning the club's player of the year award in 2010-11.

Although he signed for the club as an attacking midfielder, he was converted to a more defensive role by former manager Rafa Benitez.

But the attack-minded Rodgers is only playing with one holding player, leading Lucas, whose last three starts have come on the right of a midfield diamond, to think his future may lie elsewhere.

----------

Lets face it. even if Lucas had been fit and playing all season, he wouldn't be ahead of Luiz Gustavo, Fernandinho, Paulinho and Hernanes for sure. No chance in hell. Ramires is the odd one but Ramires has got more energy and drive. The only reason why I would like him to stay is for the sake of the dressing room harmony. Otherwise, he isn't a loss at all.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 13, 2014 10:38 am

If he wants to go then that's his decision, I'm always disappointed when players throw their international careers into the equation (Crouchie left over the same thing), it's not Brendan Rodgers or Rafa Benitez's job to make sure Lucas Leiva or Peter Crouch get into their respective national teams, it's their job to make LFC successful, which they did.
Lucas has been there a long time and by all accounts he's a nice bloke and a great fella to have within the squad so on a leadership level we will no doubt miss him, over the last 12 months the dressing room has lost the likes of Carragher, Reina and now maybe another of the stalwarts so it's up to other players to step up to the plate and fill the leadership vacuum.
If he goes good luck to him, he's been a good servant to the club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 13, 2014 10:46 am

Not that i want him to stay, i dont, but he did post this on his official Twitter account yesterday

Lucas Leiva ‏@LucasLeiva87 22h

O tchau foi referente a temporada que terminou nada mais . The goodbye that I said it is about the season that finished nothing else.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:39 pm

I really doubt that this is true. Who ever wrote has probably not been following Lucas a lot either. He didn't lose his place this season, he got injured. He might not get a lot of chances next season, but Lucas has always been the sort who wants to fight for his place rather than just quit and leave and I doubt he'll be any different now, when we're finally back in the CL.

Anyway, I want him to stay, we need squad players. Also, he's good mates with a lot of our players and that's good for team spirit and moral.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:43 am

Lucas Leiva leaving LFC soon? A move out of the club looks imminent...anyone any news on this?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 am

Santa » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:43 pm wrote:Lucas Leiva leaving LFC soon? A move out of the club looks imminent...anyone any news on this?

Well, if, as you say, a move looks imminent, perhaps you can provide us with some news.   :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:20 am

I'll just copy paste this in here from the rumor thread:

All over Twitter that Lucas went to training yesterday, was told he was no longer in the club's plans, and went home (sounds like a little media drama to me).

However, what is known is that he removed the LFC Player from his twitter bio, and unfollowed LFC on twitter....
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby laza » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 am

ethanr » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 am wrote:I'll just copy paste this in here from the rumor thread:

All over Twitter that Lucas went to training yesterday, was told he was no longer in the club's plans, and went home (sounds like a little media drama to me).

However, what is known is that he removed the LFC Player from his twitter bio, and unfollowed LFC on twitter....

I know its hasn't been same player since his injury but considering we are playing in Europe this season and the current signings we have. This is somewhat troubling news for me
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:54 am

He was very unlucky to get such a bad injury at a time when he was playing the best football of his career.
I hate to say it but he's never been the same since, he now looks about as athletic as Gerrard and for someone who is 27 years old and in the prime of his career that's not good.
I think a move to a slower league like Serie A might just suit him, he'll be linking up with Rafa and Pepe and he'll get the chance to play regular football again too.
Let's face it the likes of Gerrard, Henderson, Can and Allen are all ahead of him in the midfield pecking order here and barring a major injury crisis the days when he was a fixture in our starting XI are over.
It would be sad to see him go because he seems a great lad and an honest pro but him going to Napoli would probably be one of those rare occassions where a move is genuinely in the best interests of both the club and the player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion