LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:54 pm wrote:He was very unlucky to get such a bad injury at a time when he was playing the best football of his career.
I hate to say it but he's never been the same since, he now looks about as athletic as Gerrard and for someone who is 27 years old and in the prime of his career that's not good.
I think a move to a slower league like Serie A might just suit him, he'll be linking up with Rafa and Pepe and he'll get the chance to play regular football again too.
Let's face it the likes of Gerrard, Henderson, Can and Allen are all ahead of him in the midfield pecking order here and barring a major injury crisis the days when he was a fixture in our starting XI are over.
It would be sad to see him go because he seems a great lad and an honest pro but him going to Napoli would probably be one of those rare occassions where a move is genuinely in the best interests of both the club and the player.

Might be true and I agree with the general sentiment but if the reports of him being treated that way are true then its further proof that the club's handling of transfers (overall) is in need of a major overhaul.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:50 am

I love the fact that Lucas came in, was hated by the supporters for his average performances.. then knuckles down, works his ***** off and becomes a fans favourite. I love players like this, reminds me of Carragher and Henderson of last year.

It will be sad to see him go, but like people have stated perviously his injury has took 2 yards of pace off of his game and he struggles with the pace of the EPL now.

Serie A would be perfect for him..and if he does go I hope we give him a huge send off because he's a great guy, and the work he's done for charity is heartwarming.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:39 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:50 am wrote:I love the fact that Lucas came in, was hated by the supporters for his average performances.. then knuckles down, works his ***** off and becomes a fans favourite. I love players like this, reminds me of Carragher and Henderson of last year.

It will be sad to see him go, but like people have stated perviously his injury has took 2 yards of pace off of his game and he struggles with the pace of the EPL now.

Serie A would be perfect for him..and if he does go I hope we give him a huge send off because he's a great guy, and the work he's done for charity is heartwarming.

:nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:50 am wrote:I love the fact that Lucas came in, was hated by the supporters for his average performances.. then knuckles down, works his ***** off and becomes a fans favourite. I love players like this, reminds me of Carragher and Henderson of last year.

Here here
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:12 pm

thought he always struggled in the prem lads.
what il be remembering him for is his passion, loyalty, comittment and relentless hard work in the 7 odd years he was here. i wont be mourning the loss of a great player.
as was mentioned he is a pretty nice guy and i wish him all the best if he moves on, italy should suit him down to the ground  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Absolute dog droppings. He was that bad he made Johnson look good.
Get rid FFS!!!
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:45 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:12 pm wrote:thought he always struggled in the prem lads.
what il be remembering him for is his passion, loyalty, comittment and relentless hard work in the 7 odd years he was here. i wont be mourning the loss of a great player.
as was mentioned he is a pretty nice guy and i wish him all the best if he moves on, italy should suit him down to the ground  :nod

Intelligent and accurate post - WELL SAID !!

I have always liked Lucas for similar reasons to yourself. Maybe I never quite reached RBG's levels of enthusiasm but I know exactly where he is coming from. Lucas struggled for his first couple of seasons and then showed significant levels of improvement. Having said that he is limited and we are now playing a different style of football that doesn't altogether suit him. He has never got back to his pre serious knee injury levels and it is possible that he never will. If he moves on he gets my best wishes because his attitude has always been excellent.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:49 am

There is no room for sentiment in football, not if you want to be successful. Shankly and even the gentle, mild mannered Paisley were ruthless when it came to team selection and moving players on. Lucas is a lovely person and a passionate, loyal and humble man, but hes not good enough for LFC.
He wouldnt get in any of the top four sides and would probably struggle to get in evertons team. He brings nothing whatsoever to the side and is only there because of his attitude and character.
Every time I criticise him on here or off I get the same answer "Hes LFC through and through, coming back from injury, tries his best, gives his all, etc..." Is this justification for his selection? I think not.
B-Rod had better make a choice soon, does he want to keep picking Lucas, or does he want to win trophies?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 am

Slightly off topic but "B-Rod" has to be the most cringeworthy nickname for an LFC manager I have ever seen.

Literally makes me judder every time I read it.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 am

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 am wrote:Slightly off topic but "B-Rod" has to be the most cringeworthy nickname for an LFC manager I have ever seen.

Its tongue in cheek mate and a term of endearment
Plus it winds the fu'ck out of evertonians. Try it....
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:24 am

Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:59 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 am wrote:Slightly off topic but "B-Rod" has to be the most cringeworthy nickname for an LFC manager I have ever seen.

Its tongue in cheek mate and a term of endearment
Plus it winds the fu'ck out of evertonians. Try it....
:eyebrow

I can see why.

I'm going to stick with Rodgers for now.  :blues:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:58 am

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 am wrote:Slightly off topic but "B-Rod" has to be the most cringeworthy nickname for an LFC manager I have ever seen.

+1   :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:39 am

I dont know how this lad and Joe Allen are still at the club to be honest, unless BR does not have any options.

Those two must play amazing in training to keep getting a game.
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:17 am

red till i die!! » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 am wrote:Slightly off topic but "B-Rod" has to be the most cringeworthy nickname for an LFC manager I have ever seen.

+1   :nod

Agree. Muppet phrase, IMO
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:00 am

Bill Shankly Rules » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:39 am wrote:I dont know how this lad and Joe Allen are still at the club to be honest, unless BR does not have any options.

Those two must play amazing in training to keep getting a game.

Bit Harsh on Allen ,still thinking the lad has much to offer ,bit unlucky with injuries.
Regarding Lucas ,no doubt ,have been saying this for years now ,him and Glen...Glad to see everyone agreeing with me for once.  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion