Norwich vs LIVERPOOL - Sun 20th April - KO : 12.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Farkin' awful from Johnson today. He should be first to go in the summer.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 pm wrote:That game was awful, I think if we would have went there and dominated Mourinho might have thought '5 points ahead with 3 games to go? It's too much I'll concentrate on the CL' but that performance must have given City and Chelsea heart that it's not over. Mourinho and Pellegrini will be hoping that Chelsea and Palace can take something from us and going by our midfield's performance they could be right.
Without Hendo our pressing was almost non existent.

Relax man we are in uncharted water and pressure is taking it's toll ,yeh that was a heart attack experience and 3 more to come. I thought we created more then enough chances to close the deal but couldn't finish and yet it took an awful mistake by Simon (part foul on him but still) for them to get back in their. Allen can do the same pressing as Hendo and in fact he did ,however Lucas was our huge gap today ,we suffered the same problems we always do when he plays that gap just in front of our goal which was being targeted all day long.

Great Heart Great fight some more composure and we could have saved ourselves this experience but great result. Like i wrote before we would need the duo Sterling&Coutinho to bring us home ,Today it was Raheem.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm

What I want to know is... WHY THE FECK DO WE ALWAYS PASS BACK THE BALL TO MIGNOLET UNDER PRESSURE?

2nd half we were just looking to play on counter... Not good enough. Coutinho, Sterling and Suarez pressed during the 1st half, but in the 2nd half, they got no energy left in them. Lucas and Allen were pretty bad in the 2nd half... And moses didn't provide any outlet...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Can't understand the negativity. I know that most of you are reluctant to admit it in fear that you might jinx it, so you criticize the team instead (illogical to me), but we are the favorites to win it this season. Sure, we might look like we struggle in almost every game we play, but we are still the best team in the league. And it's a tough league we're playing in. Didn't you all see Chelsea and Man City dropping points against Sunderland the other day, the last placed team in the league? Were they better than we were today (note, they lost, we won)? I'm as frightened as any of you, but this negativity is ridiculous. The boys deserve praise for what they have achieved, at least from their own fans.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Played really well Norwich and made it hard for us.

Not our best performance but got the job done and that's all that matters now.

Lucas gave away far too many needless fouls, trying to win balls he cant, and Skrtel and
Allen and Sterling best performers for us today.

Nerves are shot but a big step forward to glory.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:41 pm

And BTW we officially assured CL football next season!! Well done lads!!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:43 pm

damjan193 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 pm wrote:Can't understand the negativity. I know that most of you are reluctant to admit it in fear that you might jinx it, so you criticize the team instead (illogical to me), but we are the favorites to win it this season. Sure, we might look like we struggle in almost every game we play, but we are still the best team in the league. And it's a tough league we're playing in. Didn't you all see Chelsea and Man City dropping points against Sunderland the other day, the last placed team in the league? Were they better than we were today (note, they lost, we won)? I'm as frightened as any of you, but this negativity is ridiculous. The boys deserve praise for what they have achieved, at least from their own fans.

I'm just concerned how our midfield can be outplayed for 80 minutes by a team floating above the relegation zone, especially when we had practically every CM at the club bar Hendo out on the park.
Yes Chelsea lost but it was a smash and grab by Sunderland, Chelsea had 70% possession and had 35 efforts on goal.
Our midfield will seriously have to up their game for our next 2 matches that's for sure, 2 performances like that and we'll lose both games IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 pm wrote:Can't understand the negativity. I know that most of you are reluctant to admit it in fear that you might jinx it, so you criticize the team instead (illogical to me), but we are the favorites to win it this season. Sure, we might look like we struggle in almost every game we play, but we are still the best team in the league. And it's a tough league we're playing in. Didn't you all see Chelsea and Man City dropping points against Sunderland the other day, the last placed team in the league? Were they better than we were today (note, they lost, we won)? I'm as frightened as any of you, but this negativity is ridiculous. The boys deserve praise for what they have achieved, at least from their own fans.

I'm just concerned how our midfield can be outplayed for 80 minutes by a team floating above the relegation zone, especially when we had practically every CM at the club bar Hendo out on the park.
Yes Chelsea lost but it was a smash and grab by Sunderland, Chelsea had 70% possession and had 35 efforts on goal.
Our midfield will seriously have to up their game for our next 2 matches that's for sure, 2 performances like that and we'll lose both games IMO.

Every game has it's dynamics ,at the end of the day Chelsea lost at HOME to the least talented team in the EPL ,we won AWAY against a team fighting for it's life. It could have looked better but at this stage when stakes are so high and pressure is immense we take what we can. Enjoy the day.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Phew... 5 points clear time to unwind, feel like a just ***** a brick or two
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:55 pm

I guess it is true that lfc fans are a pessimistic bunch... We are 5 points clear at the top of the table and we are more worried about our inadequacies

:wwww
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:00 pm

I just don't like it when Gerrard and Lucas are in the same side, the 2 of them are far to keen to drop back to the edge of our area, it's not such a problem when you only have one of them in there and you have a couple of terriers like Hendo and Allen ahead of them pressurising the opposition but when the 2 of them play the opposition mids get far too much time to lift their heads up and pick a pass.
Lucas is no where near athletic enough to play that position on the side of the diamond, I noticed him walking back a few times today when Norwich players were flooding past him in numbers.
If we drop back and invite the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Willian etc on to us I think we'll get beat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Y'all bltches need ta chill Yo.

It's another 3 points.  Sure it wasn't as pretty as we'd like it to be.  Sure we had a 19 year old lead the way.  Never going to be easy this time of year against relegation candidates.

At least third place locked up.  Champion's League group stage is assured now.  How many of us would have signed up for that back in August?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Its now official we're back on ITV ........where we belong  :buttrock

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:08 pm

You'd think we'd lost by some of the sh#te I've read in here. All that matters at this stage is winning. It doesn't matter how you do it.

1 down, 3 to go.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:

How long have you been watching the PL and you still underestimate the potential of a team fighting for their lives.

Combine this with a team that is fighting for it's first ever PL title, you have a perfect storm.

The important thing is we came through it fighting and won.

I actually can't abuse you too much for wanting to write us off, because each time it happens and the club win - they're the one putting the two fingers up to the doubters not me.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games