PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:47 pm

What feckin shambles man and what bloody timing. Couldn't Coutinho send his request earlier.

To be honest it was bound to happen one day that Couts will end up in Barca. I was hoping he would stick it out for another year.
Anyhow if this does happen lets squeeze every penny from Barca. I would slap on 120+m.

This drama would have been better a month ago. Season kicking off crucial games coming up and our tranfers debacle fecking continues.

Lol imagine we sell Couts and still end of the window don't replace him and neither we get VVD. FSG are smashing it here another lovely profit into their stinking pockets.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:54 pm

redshade » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:47 pm wrote:What feckin shambles man and what bloody timing. Couldn't Coutinho send his request earlier.

To be honest it was bound to happen one day that Couts will end up in Barca. I was hoping he would stick it out for another year.
Anyhow if this does happen lets squeeze every penny from Barca. I would slap on 120+m.

This drama would have been better a month ago. Season kicking off crucial games coming up and our tranfers debacle fecking continues.

Lol imagine we sell Couts and still end of the window don't replace him and neither we get VVD. FSG are smashing it here another lovely profit into their stinking pockets.

Mate, even if we do get VVD and a replacement for Couts, it still won't be enough - last season should have highlighted exactly what is required to challenge this year and we are still five players short. These yanks couldn't run a f*cking supermarket
Franky000

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Franky000 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:46 pm wrote:I think little phillipe owes us for plucking him out of obscurity when nobody at his former club believed in him. And that's very 2017 isnt it, handing in a transfer request via email.

Transfer request via email that's 24 hours BEFORE the first game of the season...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Personally think he will go and the club, player and representatives have hatched a back story to smooth it over, the no sale from FSG then the email from Couthino all constructed whilst we negotiate with Barcelona.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:11 pm

So a "family member" says there have been problems between Klopp and Couts over the past 6 months. Its just an excuse to push the transfer really.
Im sure if Couts wants the extra few hugs Klopp won't mind. Maybe he will even squeeze his butt cheeks whilst his at it.

Thing is we don't want Couts to sulk and do what VVD is doing with Southampton. Its evident Couts can't resist Barca, when they come knocking.

What should we do?? Stand firm not sell or cash in??...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Couthino should now be sold negotiate with Barcelona get it done.

There is time to bring in players, you can do it in hours, get Klopp and the recruitment staff on it day and night working on deals to make best use of the money.

We wont though will we, club will sell and do nothing because 'no value' Klopps no plan B or C and neither have FSG.

If he stays all that happens is he drifts through the season and we will cry about how he ruined it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 pm

redshade » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 pm wrote:So a "family member" says there have been problems between Klopp and Couts over the past 6 months. Its just an excuse to push the transfer really.
Im sure if Couts wants the extra few hugs Klopp won't mind. Maybe he will even squeeze his butt cheeks whilst his at it.

Thing is we don't want Couts to sulk and do what VVD is doing with Southampton. Its evident Couts can't resist Barca, when they come knocking.

What should we do?? Stand firm not sell or cash in??...

We have to stand firm, if we sell our best player yet again we may as well all pack up and go home, all we will ever be is an also ran. Yes we can rebuild but the same thing will keep on happening again and again. If FSG think they are going to keep on getting 50 odd thousand inside Anfield and keep on selling out stadiums around the world by being an also ran they have got another thing coming, you already need to be in your mid 30's to remember the last time we won the title and if we sell Phil you can add a good few years onto that.
People around the world still support us because they think our glory days may return, if we rip up a good side for the third time inside 10 years people will simply stop believing.
The club would be better off letting him rot in the reserves for 5 years, at least they would then send the message out to our fans and the wider football community that we aren't here to just make up the numbers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:03 pm

parchpea » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 pm wrote:Couthino should now be sold negotiate with Barcelona get it done.

There is time to bring in players, you can do it in hours, get Klopp and the recruitment staff on it day and night working on deals to make best use of the money.

We wont though will we, club will sell and do nothing because 'no value' Klopps no plan B or C and neither have FSG.

If he stays all that happens is he drifts through the season and we will cry about how he ruined it.

Yes we can sell Coutinho and use the money to bring in new players but what happens if those players turn out to be good? Do we sell them as well? If we give in to Barcelona we will be in a permanent state of rebuild, we will be rebuilding for a team and a day that will never come.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 pm

I am all for players having the freedom to move clubs when they want to, but Coutinho handing in a transfer request a day before the season starts is a different story. I think the club will continue to refuse to sell, and I think he'll be gone next season. If we were a Man City or Chelsea with ambitions of winning the title it would be a different story. If we had the chance to keep him beyond next season with him being satisfied it would also be a different story.

My opinion is that we should sell him. We wont be competing for the league this season, realistically it's another season of us doing our utmost to finish in the top4. We havent done enough in the transfer market to bridge the gap with the sides above us and if anything, Man Utd are probably in a better position going into the new season than we are to grab that top4 spot. There are some good players who are out there that we can get, the likes of Aubameyang, Matuidi, Van Dijk, Keita, Pulisic, etc. If we can sign 3 starts of that class it would certainly soften the blow quite a bit and keep us in a position to achieve our targets for the season. Go into the 2018/19 summer window with the clear objective of building a side and squad capable of winning the league.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Think Klopp has summed it up in his pre-match presser:

"It is about timing. That is how I understand. And that is all I have to say. Maybe everybody has a price – in the right moment. In the wrong moment? No price.”
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 am

Got to be honest, it's disappointing hearing someone of the stuff supposedly coming out Coutinho's camp. All this he has had issues with Klopp in the last 6 months etc. Fact is, Barca have had the rug swept from under their feet with Neymar leaving and are now scrambling around trying to get in players with the money they got for him.

However, Coutinho has to understand we are in no position to sell him, not only as it hurts the team in terms of losing a quality player but also give then fact we only have 3 weeks to scramble around ourselves looking for a replacement. It's just a complete lose lose situation for us.

Only way I see him going is if we have identified a replacement and get a deal lined up for that player in the next 3 weeks and everything is agreed. If not, he isn't going anywhere and once the window closes, I believe Coutinho will crack on
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:43 am

With the stuff coming out from Couts camp i feel its damaging a "supposed" rough relationship between Klopp and Couts.
We all know how strict Klopp is and after all this charade how will Klopp be towards Couts.
Things are not looking good imo. Klopp freezed out Sakho for getting questioned/ training etc..
If Couts camp did say what they said then its just messing things up.
I think Coutinho will be gone by next fortnight. Klopp does not take shyte from players and when one comes out "publicly" stating how his relationship with the manager has been shyte and handing in a transfer request, can't see a way back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:31 am

Franky000 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:46 pm wrote:I think little phillipe owes us for plucking him out of obscurity when nobody at his former club believed in him. And that's very 2017 isnt it, handing in a transfer request via email.

I don't think he owes us for plucking him out of obscurity as his skill and talent did that and was always going to, he does owe us a little professionalism since we have always had faith in him, supported him and paid his salary. He actually looks like a young girl in love and in a relationship finding out the captain of the football team fancies her and she drops her panties and runs to him.

I think Barcelona need Coutinho more than Neymar and he will probably excel there, that however is not my problem. Just because they lost a star player is no reason for us to be put out, if they really wanted him they should have bid earlier but this is how they operate, unsettling players with their constant "leaks" rather than talking club to club. To hell with them and the club should teach them a lesson. At the beginning of the window this subject came up and I remember stating that we should put a price tag of 150 million ( room for negotiations) but tell them they had ten days to take it or leave it so we are not left hanging a day before the season starts, so my stance is firmer now since we all knew they would do this. As for Coutinho I am a little dissapointed in this, he owes us more professionalism. As in Suarez, Alonso even Ronaldo he needs to follow the same route. He is going he is going and nothing will stop it but do it in a way that helps the club benefit as that is where his loyalties should lie, not for a club he has not played for yet.

It is now a matter of principle for me and as it happens I do not think he is irreplaceable as was Alonso and Suarez, he did blow hot and cold. Also I feel generally Brazilians peak early since they play more at youth level and he is probably peaking now but still... We need to stick to our guns and act like the big clubs do and that is not get held to ransom.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:39 am

Time after time we are surprised to learn that footballers,in most of the time, are a bunch of egoistic shiites Coutinho included...He wants to leave? No problem but on our terms..let him leave next year after we get Keita and others joining..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 am

We have Klopp and staff plus players that work with Couthino every day and to me you sense this is coming so shouldnt be out of the blue.

You would expect players have 1-2-1 meets with Klopp where honest exchanges take place but its as if we are caught out by everything just not streetwise enough.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion