PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:09 pm

There was a reason why Coutinho was inconsistent in the past and that was because he was just a kid. We signed him when he was 20/21 remember, we didn't buy the finished article we bought potential. People forget that the same things were being said about Ronaldinho when he was at PSG, in fact if anything Ronaldinho was even more inconsistent than Phil, he was regularly dropped and at one point Paris genuinely thought they had bought a dud. That was playing for flat track bullies in a weak league as well. When Ronaldinho got to 24/25 though he started to find consistency, Barca bought him and the rest is history.
Phil turned 25 this summer and practically every time he steps on the pitch these days he plays well, even when he does have the odd quiet game he still creates 2 or 3 clear chances, he is just entering the best 5 or 6 years of his career and it would be crazy to sell him now.
As Fowler_E7 says there's a reason why Barcelona are willing to spend £100m+ on him, they don't offer amounts like that for any old player, Barca are confident that this lad is the real deal.

Look at this, it goes on a while but it is mesmerising - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9J68RqXn7k
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:16 pm

100% Agree.

If we want to compete we must keep Couts.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:18 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 pm wrote:I disagree mate Coutinho is a game changer and if we are to move forward we need to keep players like him.
We said the same thing when Alonso, Macha, Suarez left that we can replace them with the nice sums we received but sadly we didn't.
To a certain extent we even missed Sterlings pace but thankfully Mane filled that void.
Yes 130m is a lot of money but who would we replace for Couts. The way the market is these days its difficult getting the right player.
Couts is established here and our best player.

He's a very good player. But not a world class player. Good on his day, yes, but doesn't do it week-in-, week-out.

Do I want him to leave? No, but £133m for him is daylight robbery

The question is not the price but the impact on our goals for this year/next years...If you get the money + appropriate replacements then it's a starting point..but if it's just money then what's the use?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Deffo going to go. Too much smoke now.
The bigger issue is who will replace him. 100M is chicken feed right now. Keita was north of 70M. VVD is going to be at least 60M of it happens. What would we pay for a like for like replacement for Coutinho, where would we get one, and who is available at a not astronomical price?
This transfer window has been a disaster, period.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:49 pm

We cannot land top targets  :no only lose them  :nod
If phil goes there is no way he will be replaced with some other clubs coveted player  :no It will be another kid or we just won't have enough time left to sign anyone so we will use our "New Midfielder" this season. Either way it won't come close to filling the massive hole that will be left in our team next season  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Apparently in tonight's Echo the club are re-iterating that he's not for sale.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Our window has been distinctly average. 3 days away from the start of the season and we've only brought in what I'd call one proven player in Salah and taken punts on Solanke and Robertson.

If on top of that, Coutinho left, I think the red mist will descend amongst the fans and FSG will be in for a rough time. Unless we have some big players lined up in the next 3 weeks or do, I don't think FSG dare sell Coutinho
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:40 pm

I don’t really have a big a problem as others with players wanting and getting these sort of moves. But it has to be the right timing for the club and this summer isn’t. Might have been different had we already landed VVD and Keita and could bring in two more £60mil players with the money from Phil but that just isn’t the case.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Barca officials in Liverpool now. Deal hours away from completion
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Looks like £109m is the figure that's been accepted. I hope to god we replace him with the money otherwise this season is gonna be a wash out.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Those stories are all rubbish, you'd think that if officials from Barcelona were in Liverpool and a deal was just hours away then journo's close to the club like Pearce, Reddy, Joyce etc would be tweeting like mad. As tonight's Echo states Coutinho is not for sale this summer.
Besides apparently Jurgen in is London for the annual managers meeting, if his best player was about to be sold against his wishes 3 days before the season starts I'm sure he'd be back here demanding answers from FSG.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:18 pm

bunglemark2

Postby only me » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Their is no way in hell Coutinho will be sold even for 222 Neymar pounds ,Not unless you have 2 major names in place flying to Liverpool right now.
Any other outcome means suicide for FSG & Klopp ,it's that simple.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Love how people present rumours as facts on here.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Eagle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 pm wrote:Love how people present rumours as facts on here.

Too much smoke... There has to be a fire...
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion