PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Sky Sports are still sticking with the story that he's not for sale, and as Yakka stated those sources saying Barca agents are in Liverpool- Liverpool sources would surely know.

This is what the spanish clubs do- especially Barca. They flood the media with stories of how the player wants to be there and is forcing a move, and a move is agreed- it just puts in the head of the player that a move is possible, and in the head of the club that it's what's going to happen. I don't get how we've got caught "tapping up" VVD, when this Sh*t is going on. How is what's going on any different? The figure doesn't make sense either- £81 million up front possibly raising to 108? Why would we offer 75 for Keita, a player who's only got one good year under his belt, and then sell our best player for 6 million more? The other money isn't guaranteed, and those fees are basically never collected in full, so it doesn't make sense. You guys can hate on FSG all you want, but they're smarter than that. There's no way they'd accept that low fee after the Neymar deal. Even if Coutinho wants to go, we're not accepting anything under 100 up front.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:45 pm

I struggle to name 5 players who play as wide left forwards in world football who are better. Hazard and Neymar are 2 obvious ones, Sanchez and Griezman are maybes and so is Ribery, Martial potentially in a few years. Players of his quality dont come around often.

I fully expect us to lose him next year but I dont think the club would be stupid enough to sell him a week before the season starts without significantly improving the side before doing so.

I had suggested earlier in the window that the board had the option of spending big this summer on a hail mary season before the likes of Coutinho and Mane start looking at bigger clubs. As it stands, we go into the season looking for a top4 finish, Coutinho obviously has bigger ambitions than that and no one can blame him.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Yup if we don't succeed Mane could be next.I feel Mane woll4make a greater impact this season which will catch the big clubs eyes.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:08 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:26 pm wrote:
Eagle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 pm wrote:Love how people present rumours as facts on here.

Too much smoke... There has to be a fire...

I'm sure Barcelona would never leak things to rank up the pressure. Far too honourable they are.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Sky Sports are reporting that we have knocked back a second official bid of £90.4m from Barcelona.
Fair dues to FSG
:buttrock  :buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:27 pm

We know how much money they have so if they want out best player they can gives us £150m minimum.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Immediately rejected by the club. Klopp says we're not a selling club. Stand firm.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 pm

excellent. 3 more weeks of that to come.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:09 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 pm wrote:We know how much money they have so if they want out best player they can gives us £150m minimum.

I wouldn't even sell for £150m, if we lose Coutinho we will go into exactly the same type of tailspin that we did after Alonso and Suarez left. One minute we look on the verge of winning the title the next we are finishing 8th, the manager is halfway out the door and we are faced with another 5 year rebuilding job.
Barca can keep their cash, we don't want it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 pm wrote:We know how much money they have so if they want out best player they can gives us £150m minimum.

I wouldn't even sell for £150m, if we lose Coutinho we will go into exactly the same type of tailspin that we did after Alonso and Suarez left. One minute we look on the verge of winning the title the next we are finishing 8th, the manager is halfway out the door and we are faced with another 5 year rebuilding job.

If you think the owners won't accept a higher bid you're seriously deluded. Football is a business.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Why would they accept the cash? It will either be spent by Klopp (unlikely considering we're struggling to spend what we already have), or just sit in the bank. Have FSG sold any key players for financial reasons? Torres, Suarez and Sterling all forced their way out of the club and we would have kept all 3 if they were happy. The only people who are deluded are those that are and have always been so invested in hating FSG that they will invent crazy conspiracy theories in their head regardless of the facts.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:50 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:36 pm wrote:

If you think the owners won't accept a higher bid you're seriously deluded. Football is a business.

I don't think they would accept a higher bid, not this summer anyway. There would be too much of a backlash from the fans.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:48 pm

So Sky run with the story that he's submitted a transfer request then it gets rubbished by the club.

We're going to lose him I reckon - I'm sceptical over whether there's an injury at play here. There's an inevitability when this happens with Latin American players.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:21 pm

1. Barcelona get their pants pulled down by PSG unexpectedly who do a dodgy deal that allows them to get Neymar
2. Barcelona haven’t planned for Neymar’s exit so instead of having worked on something for months they have to cut to the chase and put an offer in for Phil having had indication from him that he wants to go (no surprise there)
3. We flat out refuse. We haven’t had time to manage his exit so won’t sell at any cost this window
4. Phil puts in a transfer request as he wants to leave
5. Barcelona put in another offer and again we flatly refuse
6. The window closes and Phil gets his head straight and has a big season and keeps his place in the Brazil team for the World Cup in the summer
7. Phil leaves for Barcelona and the club are able to manage the exit in a controlled way
8. The end

This happens to almost every club time and time again. It’s been predictable since Barcelona put in the first bid a couple of weeks ago.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:52 pm

If he had mentioned it sooner like when he first learned of Barcelona's interest then maybe we could have brought a replacement in ,on the other hand if the club have witnessed his posturing for a move behind the scenes then contingency plans on how we improve on him should have been drawn and why exactly they haven't been is frankly  beyond the ridiculous and completely outstrips incompetent.   

I personally cant wait for all this transfer ***** to end and not just in regards to Coutinho, I mean seriously, roll on tomorrow, because if I hear the name Keita one more f*cking time  :Oo:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion