PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Welcome to the forum mate.

Yup many were looking forward to a good summer of transfers sadly it has not gone that way.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Anthony B » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm wrote:We have needed defenders for years now, I think American owners are the worst. All they are interested in is making money.Look at all the American owners, they haven't spent money on their clubs either. They are not football (soccer) fans, all the other clubs are owned by people whose country's play football, so they want good players and trophys. Was so looking forward to this season, Champions League, new players, with all that money from last season and players that were sold. Complete let down to all fans. I don't understand why they pursued Klopp just to stay in premier league, not to win, and be a club who has to rely on memories.

There is still 2 and half weeks to go before the window closes mate so there is still hope, must admit though the signs don't look great, the way Jurgen is talking it looks like he is preparing to go with what he's got. Btw welcome to the forum mate.

Edit- according to tomorrow's Echo the owners are adamant that Coutinho is going nowhere this summer, fair dues to FSG  :bowdown
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 pm wrote:
Anthony B » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm wrote:We have needed defenders for years now, I think American owners are the worst. All they are interested in is making money.Look at all the American owners, they haven't spent money on their clubs either. They are not football (soccer) fans, all the other clubs are owned by people whose country's play football, so they want good players and trophys. Was so looking forward to this season, Champions League, new players, with all that money from last season and players that were sold. Complete let down to all fans. I don't understand why they pursued Klopp just to stay in premier league, not to win, and be a club who has to rely on memories.

There is still 2 and half weeks to go before the window closes mate so there is still hope, must admit though the signs don't look great, the way Jurgen is talking it looks like he is preparing to go with what he's got. Btw welcome to the forum mate.

Edit- according to tomorrow's Echo the owners are adamant that Coutinho is going nowhere this summer, fair dues to FSG  :bowdown

Could you lend me that time machine yakka?

It doesnt look good at all. Klopp spoke regarding coutinho that transfer request was too late so therefore the club cant let coutinho go. That means that 1. If the transfer request was early enough, he's ready to let coutinho go if the price was right and 2. He compared it to how the club doea business early so that means that at this late in the window, most likely we wont be bringing in anymore players...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:24 am

maguskwt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 am

Could you lend me that time machine yakka?

lol, you can pretty much read what's in the next day's papers at 11pm over here mate, in fact BBC News and Sky News have newspaper review shows at 10.30pm and 11.30pm where they go over the stories that people are going to read in their morning papers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:06 am

I'm done with Coutinho as far as I'm concerned. Yes he's been brilliant for us but to hand a transfer request in the day before the season started showed lack of respect and it definitely affected our result against Watford. I'd cash in and replace him immediately before this saga causes any more damaging results.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Raven » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 am

He needs to go,  can we really take the risk of him coming back and being the same as he was? or will he in fact down tools? FSG can pretend all they like that wont sell, but Barca come back with 100m+ and hes gone.
The Raven

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:36 pm

I dont understand the 'give us another year' argument. Another year to do what ? Fight for 4th ? If we can sign 3 starters (defenders, Gk, DM, ST, any starters that are better than what we have) with the coutinho money + 10 or 20mill then we're back to where we were with Coutinho with regards to getting 4th.

If our objective is to challenge for the league, selling him now makes more sense. Compete for 4th for this season and go into next season with a GK, LB, CB in place and add top top class to a more settled side instead of going into a season with a side losing its best player.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Countinho has been a big pussy and NESV has been takin a ***** for long enough.

Well when he walks out thru that door , i hope NESV will follow soon afterwards.

Thats the only positive thing i can think off at the moment.

Thanks for everything Couts , but you've just ruined it , would have been nice if you had a pair and showed loyalty by not requesting a bloody transfer.
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 pm

If he's going, then the deal needs to be done now so we can bring in a replacement...or at least try to.

£130m should be the price and we should issue a deadline for them to cough up or f**k off. We can't wait until the final day to do this, otherwise we'll be up sh!t creek without a paddle.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:42 pm

If he had tossed us a hint a lot earlier he was off to Barcelona I would have had no qualms whatsoever with him leaving,but he hasn't done himself any favors with the timing and he's left us with no other alternative but to keep him for another season.

Its like Gerrard said recently "He's just signed a lucrative five year contract and stated how happy he was,so he owes Liverpool another season"

I mean it was only January when the lad said he wanted to finish his career as a Liverpool legend  https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/coutinho-i-want-become-a-liverpool-legend

This club would be a laughing stock throughout football if they let him go this late in the window,we already have money so lets get the players Klopp needs to mount a challenge and if that means dragging a disgruntled Coutinho with us kicking and screaming then so be it !

I honestly don't expect him to throw a tantrum if we keep him I expect him to knuckle down and play for those fans he professed to love.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Well? Is this b0ll0x, does anyone know?
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool- ... -this-week
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 pm

According to Guillem Balague there has been no meetings between the clubs.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Didn't they already pencil an unveiling last week the c0cky *****?

We need someone like Phil in the middle. The only real logic in signing Salah was to drop Phil back into midfield and actually have someone who can control a game there. Hopefully that turns out to be the case.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:01 pm wrote:

Didn't they already pencil an unveiling last week the c0cky *****?

We need someone like Phil in the middle. The only real logic in signing Salah was to drop Phil back into midfield and actually have someone who can control a game there. Hopefully that turns out to be the case.

Yep, we are completely different team with Phil in the middle directing things. Once the window shuts he'll no doubt have a bit of a sulk but he'll also know that he'll have to knuckle down and play well if he wants to retain his place in Brazil's starting XI for the World Cup, one thing about Brazil is that there is no shortage of good players there and they'll all be trying like ***** this year to get in that team. Phil has got no choice other than to play well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welshwizard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 pm

I think Barca will come in with a massive 120m offer during next couple days. They know they have to act fast and give us serious cash if they want to do business.
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion