Not another rumour please? - Houllier to step down as manager...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 4:28 pm

From what I have gathered and this includes a new item being circulated on teletext in the past hour is that Gerrard Houllier will leave the club tomorrow, Monday 24th May. The club will call the departure "amicable" but the reality will be that Houllier will be sacked and will be paid to keep quiet.

From what I have heard Martin O' Neill is not a strong candidate for the job and Moores'/Parry's first choice is Beneitz of Valencia. Benetiz's agent has already confirmed that Liverpool have been in contact with him about a move.

I'm not saying the above is correct but out of all the rumours I have heard the above seems the most plausible.

I think that Houllier will be sacked this week and we'll have a new face in within 10 days.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 23, 2004 9:40 pm

Someone said this exact same thing on LFConline the other day. It didn't happen.

I'll be truely devastated if the man leaves. I'll be heartbroken, but thats because there is a job here which he hasn't been allowed to finsh. He deserves one last season to see if he can turn it around.

If he does go Benitez is the best candidate.

NOT MARTIN O'NEIL!!!
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 10:01 pm

Can I correct my story and confirm that Benetiz agent has spoken to the BBC today and stated that he has not been contacted by Liverpool.

The Sunday Times had earlier quoted the agent as saying that Benetiz English was good and would welcome a move to the UK.

I have strongly advocated Martin O' Neill in the past but it is becoming increasingly clear that Liverpool will not go for Martin O' Neill.

Houllier will be sacked: that cannot now be in doubt as either Moores or Parry would have dismissed the rumours (holiday or no holiday) to prevent their former friend GH frombeing humiliated in the fashion that he is now experiencing.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion