Darwin Núñez  Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 06, 2024 3:13 pm

Heard a few rumours that Darwin had deleted anything to do with Liverpool from all his social media. Checked his instagram account and he's deleted everything to do with the club. It's like we never existed.. but he still has all his Benfica pictures still on.

I thought he looked upset coming on against Spurs yesterday..

It's very disrespectful turning on a club that's supported him as much as we have. He's really showing his age and level of maturity. He only has himself to blame for him not starting games for us recently.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon May 06, 2024 4:28 pm

Honestly, him not turning out to be the player we payed for is the reason why we're not winning the league this season. Not his fault we overpayed, but the criticism is also justified and if he can't look at himself and adimt that he's been not good enough and instead blames the critics (who also supported him through some terrible showings), then I hope we get rid of him as fast as possible regardless of how much we lose. With that sort of attitude he's not getting better for sure and is of no use to us.

Divock Origi was a more useful player than him and cost us far far less.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2024 5:12 pm

A few rumours linking him to a move to Spain in the media. Perhaps there is some truth in it?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:15 pm

7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm wrote:A few rumours linking him to a move to Spain in the media. Perhaps there is some truth in it?

Barca are broke. Can't see that happening
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:16 pm

7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm wrote:A few rumours linking him to a move to Spain in the media. Perhaps there is some truth in it?

Barca are broke. Can't see that happening
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 06, 2024 11:16 pm

Could be his people having an argument with the club over image rights or something. Bit early to be speculating about his future imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue May 07, 2024 6:23 am

He is clearly an emotional person and I read before at Benfica he stopped all social media when he was playing poorly for them.

Honestly I am less bothered about all the missed chances as those could go in in an alternate universe but all the times he is caught offside is just poor play. With him being caught offside so much he doesn’t just miss his own chances but he then cancels out other payers’ chances, and that is inexcusable.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 07, 2024 8:43 am

Anyone who can't score goals shouldn't be playing in the Liverpool first choice front three.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 07, 2024 9:00 am

All our players miss sitters, granted he misses the most but it’s a problem right throughout the team, he seems to be a bit of a lightning rod for fans anger atm which is a tadge unfair imo, the unravelling of our season has been down to more than the profligacy in front of goal of one player. Our habit of conceding first was always going to bite us on the @ rse at some point
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 am

It's already been highlighted that most top forwards conversion rate is 4:1 whilst Nunez is 10:1.  That's fine if you're Leicester but not a side set up to win the League.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 07, 2024 1:34 pm

If it's true that - allegedly - one of the reasons he deleted all his social media posts is because some so-called fans have been making death threats, then I'm not surprised he did that. Granted, I think his time is up, but that's several steps too far. That's just sick
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 07, 2024 10:15 pm

The lad is a likeable fella but at times this season he frustrated the life out of me. Some of the misses were just terrible and he didn't show up in any big games.

Do we sell though or hope a new coaching set up and manager can get him to be more composed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 08, 2024 4:57 am

red till i die!! » Tue May 07, 2024 9:15 pm wrote:The lad is a likeable fella but at times this season he frustrated the life out of me. Some of the misses were just terrible and he didn't show up in any big games.

Do we sell though or hope a new coaching set up and manager can get him to be more composed.

I think it’s unlikely that he will be sold because of the price we paid, we are all in and the only way going forward is gambling on the new manager finding a way to get more out of him. I’d say they will give him a season and see next year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 08, 2024 5:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 am wrote:All our players miss sitters, granted he misses the most but it’s a problem right throughout the team, he seems to be a bit of a lightning rod for fans anger atm which is a tadge unfair imo, the unravelling of our season has been down to more than the profligacy in front of goal of one player. Our habit of conceding first was always going to bite us on the @ rse at some point

I think it’s a fair point about him being the lightning rod for the team, that is probably the case. He cannot excuse all the times he got caught offside and chances that got lost because of it, I think that he has been caught offside more than any other player and that is just poor play. Frustratingly he is fast, he should not get caught out so much. His misses could have been goals, his offsides will always be offside.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed May 08, 2024 10:31 pm

He's been caught offside 49 times this season, which is a ridiculously high number. They compared him to Andy Cole who apparently was only caught offside 24 times in his career.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion