Big red rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 15, 2005 8:39 am

Rafa shopping list includes Reina,  Kompany or Evra, Van Der Vaart, Joaquin Sanchez, Vincente, Upson, Andy johnson, Marek Mintal, Pablo Aimar, other targets include wright-phillips, metzelder, torres, baptista, and the new young super star  jesus navas. :D
We have around 65 million to spend so hopefully some of these will be at liverpool next season :buttrock
Reina is a done deal anyway, so its bye bye Jersey :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 15, 2005 8:44 am

Hey Chelsea mate, you said Adrianos price tag is 70 million, thats just a :censored: joke, would you really want a player for that amout at your club?
Look at Drogba ???
I must admit though watching him last season in the French league he was brilliant with real killer insinct, but now hes on the mega bucks hes not that great after all is he?
You will agree with me that your best players are Cech Terry and Lampard and chelsea do need an out an out striker.
Most of your goals like ours are coming from the midfield how many is Lampard on now? 17 I think he has had a great season, even though he :censored: ours up a bit breaking our xabis foot
:glare:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sun May 15, 2005 9:06 am

First off ... Franky would NEVER do such a thing intentionally. He did go to the hospital and apologize.

Its true our best players have been Terry and Lampard ... but our unsung heros are Gallas,Cole and Guddy. Duff and Robben have been fantastic for the mid season period. Makalele has been my player of the season.

We do need a striker as Drogba is :censored: ... maybe its the hefty price tag and the injuris and the 1st season that hasent got him going ... but im convinced that an improved drogba can only offer us limited things next season.

Anyway ... we are getting a 'Goal Scorer' ... just cant wait to know who its gonna be.
Chelsea forever.

Postby desperado0831 » Sun May 15, 2005 6:04 pm

We made an undeserved victory as u say and i really appreciate what chelsea been done this season because we'll face another bigger and richer rival next season. Frankly i hate mu followed by chelsea last few years.

Good luck for us. and one thing i can say despite chelsea is far brilliant than us is........Gerrard is better than Lampard. We have a good manager,fabulous captain,desciplined team and nice fans. God will bless us because GOD will never walk alone TOO.

:;):
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sun May 15, 2005 6:27 pm

Gerrard is not even close to being a player that Lampard is. Sorry!

No doubt Gerrard is a great player ... and personally i do like him a lot ... but im sorry if you have to compare Lampard is a much much more complete player than Gerrard.
Chelsea forever.

Postby stmichael » Sun May 15, 2005 6:40 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Gerrard is not even close to being a player that Lampard is. Sorry!

No doubt Gerrard is a great player ... and personally i do like him a lot ... but im sorry if you have to compare Lampard is a much much more complete player than Gerrard.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Are you having a laugh mate?

There is no doubt Gerrard has more to his game... BUT, Lampard seems to be A LOT more consistent which is critical.

Having said that, Lampard has been better this season but when they're both at there BEST then Gerrard is the better player.

Gerrard is what everyone would say is the complete midfielder. He can shoot, attack, defend, pass, play long balls, phenomenal workrate. Lampard is a great attacking midfielder but since both are comparable as being central midfielders, its Gerrard for me.
Last edited by stmichael on Sun May 15, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun May 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Gerrard is not even close to being a player that Lampard is. Sorry!

2 seasons ago before the Russian takeover Lampard had been an average player for Chelsea since he signed, he hadn't lived up to the £11MIL price tag. The players he has had around him for the past two years have not only improved his game but have helped him achieve over the top praise, he is a good player, but definitely overrated. Lampard is not as naturally gifted as Gerrard but he has really got himself working close to his full potential, I would say he at over 90%. He has been described as a good trainer, and he is an intelligent player who has worked on his game a lot, if I’m not mistaken Ranieri originally used him as an anchor man (in the Makelele position) for a long time because his defence game was very poor, no doubt that was a very important time for him.

But when people describe him as world class, I just laugh, he has average pace, can't really dribble, and his final ball is overstated. What he is good at is getting goals, take his goals away and he is no better than Edu of Arsenal. What really ramed it home for me was the game against Spain when two technically good players, Xavi, and our very own Xabi Alonso made him chase shadows all evening, the amount of times Lampard lost the ball that evening was criminal.

Gerrard is more naturally gifted than Lampard, Keane and even Vieira, but he hasn't maximised his potential YET. He has only realised about 75% of his potential, he is younger than all those players I have mentioned, and he hasn't fully matured as a player, he sometimes gets carried away in his emotion, and often losses the ball too cheaply. I hope Gerrard goes on to mature into a world class player in the next few years, because if he does he will surpass Lampard, Keane and Vieira.

At the moment it would have to be said that Lampard is the better player, he gets more goals and is more efficient on the ball. But a matured Gerrard playing in a better team, with better players, would soon take the limelight away from Lampard.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 16, 2005 2:30 am

Lampard isn't fit to lace Stevie's boots. The G man has suffered this year from the constant speculation. He'll come good again, and a period of red domination will ensue!!!! Up the 'pool! :p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon May 16, 2005 9:36 am

As a chelsea supported I will always say Frank is better and will have my thoughts to back it up ... as will you say Gerrard is better and have your thoughts to back it up.

But even as a netural I would say Frank is a more complete player than Gerrard. Gerrard hits hopeful long balls ... which come off sometimes and dont sometimes -- its all based on luck. Many this season have called frank the best player in the world in his position. He has the drive .. he can take on defenders ... he is faster than gerrard .. he has the vision for that killer pass - (which gerrard also has but 50% of his passes are hit and hope) - lamps always scores more goals and contributes to the team.

To say Gerrard is a more gifted player than Kean, Lampard and Viera is just bollox. Kean is one of the best and i dont think its easy to get the gift that he has. Viera is a sly :censored: and i dont care if you even say that Redknapp is better than him!

Dont be so baised to SG just because he plays for Pool .. if rumours are true then you wont be saying the same thing next season if he plays for us.

But honestly ... Lampard is a better player than Gerrard .. even if its just slightly better .. he is better.

Im yet to see SG have a good CONSISTENT season.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:09 am

Lampard is better in his position that Gerrard in the same role as a more attacking midfielder but Gerrard is the better all round player because Lampards defencive skills arnt that great while Gerrard can tackle with the best of them.  Having said that overall I'd say they are very very close, this season at any rate.  I think in the long run gerrard will be the better player but this season I would say that Lampard has been more important for his club than Gerrard has been for us.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon May 16, 2005 10:14 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:he can take on defenders ... he is faster than gerrard

Sorry mate, you have just lost all credibility.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon May 16, 2005 10:36 am

Gerrard is better than lampard. :)    and one more thing, i personally think Eidur is better than drogba. 24 million,overpriced, overrated!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:41 am

I think Eidur is actually one of the best players chelsea have, hes been excellent this season I think
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon May 16, 2005 12:20 pm

red_guy wrote:Gerrard is better than lampard. :)    and one more thing, i personally think Eidur is better than drogba. 24 million,overpriced, overrated!

Well now pretty much anyone is better than Drogba! :eyebrow

But he has chipped in with 16-17 goals .. so good on him ... but he is :censored:.

Not his fault a 24m tag was put on him
Chelsea forever.

Postby stapo1000 » Mon May 16, 2005 12:43 pm

Technically gerrard is a better player than gerrard. But, Lampard is more intelligent and is a more complete midfielder
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion