Steve finnan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Puddy Heskey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:07 pm

[Finnan has been class for years.  It's a mystery why Steve Carr was getting a game ahead of him for Ireland in the world cup qualifiers.
]
Bloody rite
Puddy Heskey

Postby Puddy Heskey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:08 pm

Opps how do i do the quote thing again.Its been a while.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Puddy Heskey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:09 pm

Opps how do i do the quote thing again.Its been a while.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Puddy Heskey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:09 pm

Ok i got it now.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:45 pm

Well hopefully Stevie Staunton will give him his place back in the Irish team ahead of Carr, there is no competion really, Finnan is by far the better player
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:48 pm

Dundalk wrote:Well hopefully Stevie Staunton will give him his place back in the Irish team ahead of Carr, there is no competion really, Finnan is by far the better player

good job carr's retired from international football then :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:54 pm

stmichael wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Well hopefully Stevie Staunton will give him his place back in the Irish team ahead of Carr, there is no competion really, Finnan is by far the better player

Well yeah..... I suppose that is going to make a bit of a difference  :blush:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Phil Neal has come out in praise if Finnan today:

From Liverpoolfc.tv:

Former Liverpool captain Phil Neal has spoken of his admiration for the consistent performances of Steve Finnan in a red shirt and the way he has made the right back spot at Anfield his own. 
Neal was one of the most distinguished right backs Liverpool have ever had so is well placed to give an opinion on the merits of Finnan. Neal firmly believes the Republic of Ireland international has flourished as a player under the management of Rafael Benitez and is continuing to impress and improve.

Neal said: "What I like about Steve Finnan is if you remember when Rafael Benitez first came to Liverpool he signed another right back in Josemi, and he just got on with it and showed he was the best right back at the club.

"Steve played right side midfield at first before regaining his place from Josemi at right back. Full credit to Steve for being the good pro that he is and I also think he is a good footballer. He likes to get forward to good effect and he can cross a good ball too. With Steven Gerrard playing there at the moment we have got a quality right hand side.

"I like him as a right back and he is consistently very good and gives Liverpool great width on the right hand side
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:31 pm

I do think it is massively signifiacant that Gerrard is playing infront of Finnan. He is a lovely tidy little footballer and all that but with Stevie G right-midfield he looks like a World-beater. He is consistently a top performer but IMHO Ferriera and Neville are slightly superior players. Fair play to the bloke though he does it each and every game and never lets us down. Definately one of Houlliers best buys.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:34 pm

bigmick wrote:I do think it is massively signifiacant that Gerrard is playing infront of Finnan. He is a lovely tidy little footballer and all that but with Stevie G right-midfield he looks like a World-beater. He is consistently a top performer but IMHO Ferriera and Neville are slightly superior players. Fair play to the bloke though he does it each and every game and never lets us down. Definately one of Houlliers best buys.

Ferriera? Neville yeah, he gets forward much better and has been consistant over the years but i still think the jury is out on Ferriera
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:44 pm

Dundalk wrote:but I think the jury is out on Ferriera

Your Jury may still be out on Ferriera Dundalk but mine have returned their verdict, checked out of the hotel the Police had put them up in and gone home. Infact, since returning their verdict roughly one year ago two of them have since got married and had a kid.    :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:04 pm

stmichael wrote:

... and Staunton has stated his first job as Ireland manager is going to be to coax Carr out of retirement.

I don't know why Carr was preferred to Finnan.  Granted Carr was excellent about 3 years ago, but he's been in steady decline since due to persistent injuries and of course moving to Newcastle (where any half decent defender seems to become useless overnight).

Finnan's been our most consistent player over the last 12 months after Carra.  Kromkamp's going to have some job getting a game, even if he is the Dutch no.1 RB.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:10 pm

Ferreira's better, can't agree Neville is though. Not much in it but i prefere Finnan. Neville's quicker and more aggressive, Finnan's better alround though and uses the ball better.
115-1073096938

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:06 am

stu_the_red wrote:Ferreira's better, can't agree Neville is though. Not much in it but i prefere Finnan. Neville's quicker and more aggressive, Finnan's better alround though and uses the ball better.

Well they will be up against each other tomorrow so we will see
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:36 pm

Dundalk wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Ferreira's better, can't agree Neville is though. Not much in it but i prefere Finnan. Neville's quicker and more aggressive, Finnan's better alround though and uses the ball better.

Well they will be up against each other tomorrow so we will see

I've already seen thanks :D
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion