>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:34 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:28 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat May 30, 2020 5:08 am

Timo Werner may already have decided his next career move amid interest from Liverpool.

The Red Bull Leipzig striker is being linked with clubs across Europe ahead of this summers transfer window.

Liverpool remain the front runners for his signature, while the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd are also in contention.

But it seems Werner's stance on a transfer is already putting off other potential suitors, as Inter Milan's sporting director Piero Ausilio ruled out a move for the player.

"Timo Werner will not come to Inter," he told Sky Sports. "I know his thoughts about his future and we’ll not sign him.

"I love him as a player but we’ve never started talks to sign him."

Ausilio's comments suggest Werner has already made a decision over his future.

The 24-year-old has made it clear previously that his preference is to join Liverpool, and Jurgen Klopp has reportedly held talks with Werner over video conference since lockdown began.

Werner has been in red-hot form since the Bundesliga returned this month, scoring a hat-trick last time out in a 5-0 win over Mainz.

The player's £52million release clause remains a sticking point though, as it expires on June 15, and Liverpool are only happy to go to £30m to land their target.

The clause drops to £35m next year, but Liverpool feel the impact of the coronavirus pandemic has already lessened his value.

Leipzig are in no mood to budge on their figure though, with chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff making clear they will not be offering any discounts on Werner in light of the crisis.

“It won’t get any cheaper," Mintzlaff said. "We will not sell a player below value if he is under contract for more than a year.

"In general, we always ask the question: can we replace a player if we sell him for less than his market value?"
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:47 am

The player's £52million release clause remains a sticking point though, as it expires on June 15, and Liverpool are only happy to go to £30m to land their target.

The clause drops to £35m next year, but Liverpool feel the impact of the coronavirus pandemic has already lessened his value.

Leipzig are in no mood to budge on their figure though, with chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff making clear they will not be offering any discounts on Werner in light of the crisis.

“It won’t get any cheaper," Mintzlaff said. "We will not sell a player below value if he is under contract for more than a year.

"In general, we always ask the question: can we replace a player if we sell him for less than his market value?"

Here we go again  :laugh: 

The player obviously wants this move and we are going to hang him out to dry while we try to lowball them into a deal. He is well worth 50 mil so just cut the shyte and get the deal done. " the pandemic has already lessened his value"  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:08 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:47 am wrote:

The player obviously wants this move and we are going to hang him out to dry while we try to lowball them into a deal. He is well worth 50 mil so just cut the shyte and get the deal done. " the pandemic has already lessened his value"  :laugh:

Just wait and see …..the press/media are creating stories to fill the time
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:35 pm

£50m seems cheap to me for an already highly rated player with his footballing prime still ahead of him. Everton paid 40 odd mill for Sigurdsson.
Yeah fine get the price down if you can but I hope the club doesn’t push it too far like we have done with Southampton, Fulham and one or two others in the past.
I wasn’t too impressed with Werner at first (mainly based on his YouTube video’s) but after actually watching him for 90 mins (when Red Bull played Tottenham in the CL) I’ve done a complete 180 on the lad. I’d love us to sign him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:46 pm

supersub wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:47 am wrote:

Just wait and see …..the press/media are creating stories to fill the time

Probably but it does fit our M.O.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:35 pm wrote:£50m seems cheap to me for an already highly rated player with his footballing prime still ahead of him. Everton paid 40 odd mill for Sigurdsson.
Yeah fine get the price down if you can but I hope the club doesn’t push it too far like we have done with Southampton, Fulham and one or two others in the past.
I wasn’t too impressed with Werner at first (mainly based on his YouTube video’s) but after actually watching him for 90 mins (when Red Bull played Tottenham in the CL) I’ve done a complete 180 on the lad. I’d love us to sign him.

He would be a great addition imo and certainly capable of filling the void left when one of the front 3 aren't on form. Also well capable of pushing for a starting role as well which is badly needed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:38 pm

Chelsea have sneaked in and signed Timo Werner from under our noses. I'm not sure what we're playing at with that whole transfer? Did we even want him?

I still feel like Klopp is waiting for Mbappe.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:39 pm

Well I don’t think they sneaked in - we don’t appear to be interested so he is “reportedly “going elsewhere,  certainly not a huge issue
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:27 am

God knows what we were playing at this whole time with Werner.

Don't think we'll be spending any big bucks any time soon to be honest, and we'll likely hear the coronavirus excuse if fans disagree. We've been doing fine so far not spending too much I guess, but I hope it won't prove too harmful in the long term.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 am

We BADLY need competition /backup for the front three and Werner was one who appeared to tick all the boxes.
If Klopp didn't want him fine- if he did and he got poached from under our noses that is a major failing and lack of ambition.

Crying shame if we are back to that kind of nonsense despite being European, World and Premier League champions (elect).
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 am

Klopp prob did want him but the money being talked about for someone who wasn’t better than our current front three

£52 mil fee

Plus £12 mil agent fee

Plus £16 a year over 5 years !
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:18 am

electrum » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 am wrote:We BADLY need competition /backup for the front three and Werner was one who appeared to tick all the boxes.
If Klopp didn't want him fine- if he did and he got poached from under our noses that is a major failing and lack of ambition.

Crying shame if we are back to that kind of nonsense despite being European, World and Premier League champions (elect).

Can't have a £200,000 a week bench warmer.....it clearly means none of the front three are leaving this summer....I have every faith in FSG and JK
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill