Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:05 pm

At least we are barking up the right street if that bid for fernandes is true. Much better than some lad who scored a few in a second division somewhere. Hopefully it happens.

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:To be fair we have been missing someone who can shoot from range, when teams defend deep and get numbers behind the ball we've sometimes struggled to break them down so someone who can hammer one into the top corner from 25 yards will come in very handy.

Coutinho was top scorer here for 3 seasons and he exploited situations like that all the time. It would be a great bonus to add that back to the side again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:46 pm

What is happening with Bruno Fernandes? It says he's agreed terms with United and his agent is flying over to finalise the deal. They have offered De Gea a new 350k a week contract and Rashford has just signed a new deal worth 200k a week.. Their wage structure is a absolute mess!! I'm guessing they're offering Fernandes a daft wage because it's the only way they can persuade players to join that sham of a club.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:16 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:46 pm wrote:What is happening with Bruno Fernandes? It says he's agreed terms with United and his agent is flying over to finalise the deal. They have offered De Gea a new 350k a week contract and Rashford has just signed a new deal worth 200k a week.. Their wage structure is a absolute mess!! I'm guessing they're offering Fernandes a daft wage because it's the only way they can persuade players to join that sham of a club.

That just means we have no interest in him - no one should be surprised really
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:17 pm

I know watching international football isn't the best way to gauge a player but I have to say he did look bang average in the Nations League. Let United have him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:51 pm

The geeks over at Rawk who are into analytics and try to replicate some of analysis our recruitment team do reckon he would be out of whack with the sort of signings Klopp has mad since he became manager. Fekir on the other hand fits the bill perfectly.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:12 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 pm wrote:I know watching international football isn't the best way to gauge a player but I have to say he did look bang average in the Nations League. Let United have him.

Come on mate, you've been saying we need an attacking midfielder for a while now, and Fernandes is one of the hottest prospects available at the moment in that position. Who would you rather have, there aren't many others around mate.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:03 am

Looks like he is flying over to sign for ManUre
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:24 am

damjan193 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:12 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 pm wrote:I know watching international football isn't the best way to gauge a player but I have to say he did look bang average in the Nations League. Let United have him.

Come on mate, you've been saying we need an attacking midfielder for a while now, and Fernandes is one of the hottest prospects available at the moment in that position. Who would you rather have, there aren't many others around mate.

Go watch Portugal's two games in the Nations League last month dj and tell me you are gutted that we missed out on him.
His numbers are impressive but how strong is the Portuguese league? His team Sporting finished 11 points behind a Porto side that we beat 4-1 last year and 5-0 the year before that on their own patch!
Don't get me wrong he may well come here and do well, there are some decent Portuguese players in the prem to be fair so they do travel well but I'll be surprised if he carries over his numbers into English football. I wouldn't have complained if we'd have signed him but at the same time I'm not going flip out because United have got him, from what I've seen of him (which isn't much admittedly) he just doesn't look that good. TBH i'm more @rsed that United have got that Wan Bissaka lad from Palace, he does look a prospect.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:20 am

I don’t expect Fernandes to rip up too many trees , he wasn’t that great for Portugal and I doubt many hyping him have seen him beyond that. I don’t see Klopp missing out on him if he wanted him.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:04 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:20 am wrote:I don’t expect Fernandes to rip up too many trees , he wasn’t that great for Portugal and I doubt many hyping him have seen him beyond that. I don’t see Klopp missing out on him if he wanted him.

Yep. We are a much more attractive proposition than Man Utd these days. I doubt we're are after Fernandes but if Klopp wanted him the only way Man Utd could take him from us is by offering a much higher wage.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:23 pm

I see Lampard has got the Chelsea job, it's a big ask to run a club like that with only 1 years managerial experience.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:23 pm wrote:I see Lampard has got the Chelsea job, it's a big ask to run a club like that with only 1 years managerial experience.

Wonder how the fans will react if Abramovich sacks him after a season.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:23 pm wrote:I see Lampard has got the Chelsea job, it's a big ask to run a club like that with only 1 years managerial experience.

Interesting yakka.
I personally think if Klopp stays another three seasons, after that dare I say, a certain Stephen Gerrard will be our next manager!?
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:11 pm

This coming season also... Ryan Brewster is allegedly going to be getting first team opportunities.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:24 am wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:12 pm wrote:

Go watch Portugal's two games in the Nations League last month dj and tell me you are gutted that we missed out on him.
His numbers are impressive but how strong is the Portuguese league? His team Sporting finished 11 points behind a Porto side that we beat 4-1 last year and 5-0 the year before that on their own patch!
Don't get me wrong he may well come here and do well, there are some decent Portuguese players in the prem to be fair so they do travel well but I'll be surprised if he carries over his numbers into English football. I wouldn't have complained if we'd have signed him but at the same time I'm not going flip out because United have got him, from what I've seen of him (which isn't much admittedly) he just doesn't look that good. TBH i'm more @rsed that United have got that Wan Bissaka lad from Palace, he does look a prospect.

Well mate, you've been saying you want Coutinho back but if you go back and watch 90% of his games since he left us, he really isn't worth it.

Watching a player in two games isn't enough to judge him, but then again, that's two games more than I've seen of him this season. So I guess neither of us can really tell how good he is, but IMO, a player with stats like that just can't be a bad player. Portuguese league isn't that strong, true, but if he can get at least half of the goals and assists he made there, he'd still be a major success with any English team.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill