Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:30 pm

We've seen what Coutinho can do in a red shirt and in this league though. No one knows how this lad will cope with the pace and physicality of this league, he could take to it like a duck to water or he could struggle like *****.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:23 pm wrote:I see Lampard has got the Chelsea job, it's a big ask to run a club like that with only 1 years managerial experience.

Him and Solskjaer would be my bets for first sacking of the season....if I were a betting man  :grinning:

Neither of them is going to get their teams anywhere near where their owners require them to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if both of them are out of a job come May next year.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:22 pm

City have signed Rodri for £62.5m.

where is our signings???? we NEED at least TWO IMO.  Anyone one who thinks that we don't need any signings at all is deluded, we are behind City in terms of midfield quality, creativity and depth/cover.

The OX is back great, but ALL of Wjnaldum, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Henderson etc are way too defensive and not enough creativity. Lallana is spent, that just leaves the OX. This is the reason we drew too many games last season.
\
We looked flat in midfield many times last season and Klopp needs to address this.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:22 pm wrote:City have signed Rodri for £62.5m.

where is our signings???? we NEED at least TWO IMO.  Anyone one who thinks that we don't need any signings at all is deluded, we are behind City in terms of midfield quality, creativity and depth/cover.

The OX is back great, but ALL of Wjnaldum, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Henderson etc are way too defensive and not enough creativity. Lallana is spent, that just leaves the OX. This is the reason we drew too many games last season.
\
We looked flat in midfield many times last season and Klopp needs to address this.

City have signed someone that makes pretty much zero difference to their team - Rodri is nothing special in anyway

As for the rest of your post - nonsense, did you not see the difference when Henderson was moved forward and also when Keita pushed forward and who was it scoring twice against Barca ?!

Klopp knows what he is doing - no doubt this time last year you were stamping your little feet demanding signings - they will come when Klopp finds the person he wants

But I’ll disappoint you now - it won’t be someone for midfield
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:11 pm wrote:This coming season also... Ryan Brewster is allegedly going to be getting first team opportunities.

Rhian Brewster is a quality player with a bright future so it’s great that he is fully fit and going to get chances
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:52 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:22 pm wrote:City have signed Rodri for £62.5m.

\
We looked .

City have signed someone that makes
As for the rest of your post - nonsense, did you not see the difference when Henderson was moved forward and also when Keita pushed forward and who was it scoring twice against Barca ?!

Yes, Wjnaldum, and it's about bloody time our midfielders step up and score more goals as its a rare occasion. Milner and Hendo normally score about FIVE goals between them in a season. In the past, midfielders such as Gerrard, Alonso and dirk kuyt all used to chip in and get goals.

That's all I ask of our midfielders

The Ox needs to stay fit all season, he could make a huge difference to us.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Yeah I agree, we need to see more goals from midfield. To be fair our MF's did chip in with a few during the run in but up to about March they'd only contributed about 4 or 5 between the lot of them.
That's an area we can definitely improve.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm

It doesn't really matter where the goals come from to be honest. We just need to score enough of them and we do. City only scored 6 more goals than us in the league and we comfortably outscored everyone else. The fact we have a disciplined midfield that don't really get into the box very often is the reason that Trent and Robbo are able to play in such an attacking way and the reason Salah gets away with not tracking back so much. I do think we need penetrative midfielder who can draw out the opposition midfield and play through the lines (Keita will helps but we need a bit more IMO), but if the midfield starts breaking into the box in search of goals we'll have to put the brakes on Trent and Robbo a little and ask Salah to do more tracking back or we'll start to get exposed defensively.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:49 pm wrote:It doesn't really matter where the goals come from to be honest. We just need to score enough of them and we do. City only scored 6 more goals than us in the league and we comfortably outscored everyone else. The fact we have a disciplined midfield that don't really get into the box very often is the reason that Trent and Robbo are able to play in such an attacking way and the reason Salah gets away with not tracking back so much. I do think we need penetrative midfielder who can draw out the opposition midfield and play through the lines (Keita will helps but we need a bit more IMO), but if the midfield starts breaking into the box in search of goals we'll have to put the brakes on Trent and Robbo a little and ask Salah to do more tracking back or we'll start to get exposed defensively.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:49 pm wrote:It doesn't really matter where the goals come from to be honest. We just need to score enough of them and we do. City only scored 6 more goals than us in the league and we comfortably outscored everyone else. The fact we have a disciplined midfield that don't really get into the box very often is the reason that Trent and Robbo are able to play in such an attacking way and the reason Salah gets away with not tracking back so much. I do think we need penetrative midfielder who can draw out the opposition midfield and play through the lines (Keita will helps but we need a bit more IMO), but if the midfield starts breaking into the box in search of goals we'll have to put the brakes on Trent and Robbo a little and ask Salah to do more tracking back or we'll start to get exposed defensively.

Everyone needs to contribute, it shouldn't be just down to the front 3 to score all the goals. In fact set pieces are a great goalscoring opportunity for us given the height in our side now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:19 am

One observation is that we don't have many players who can score from outside the box. Shaqiri can, OK. We score a lot of goals overall, but when teams park the bus and our front three hit a brick wall,its an area we can definitely improve in. Oxlade-Chamberlain is good at going forward and having a shot. We just need to see more of that from Hendo, Wjnaldum and Keita.

Surely Klopp can see this, and, if I waS him I'd be telling the boys to get forward more and have a crack on goal.

Maybe that's the real reason we wanted Fekir!??
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:52 pm

The latest players Liverpool have been linked with...

Ousmane Dembele - Dembele is perfectly happy to stay in Spain this summer despite Liverpool's interest (L'Equipe, July 3); Barcelona have reiterated their desire to keep hold of Dembele this summer despite Liverpool's interest in the forward (Daily Mirror, June 21); Liverpool are weighing up a move for the Barca winger and are prepared to splash £133m to sign the France international (Don Balon, June 20); Dembele would be keen on a move to Liverpool if he leaves Barcelona this summer (TeamTALK, June 17).

CONFIRMED: Sepp van den Berg - Liverpool have signed 17-year-old Sepp van den Berg from Eredivisie club PEC Zwolle.

Philippe Coutinho - Liverpool are willing to re-sign Coutinho just 18 months after selling him to Barcelona (Le10Sport); Liverpool have sensationally entered the race to re-sign the Brazil playmaker from Barcelona this summer (Daily Express, June 22).

Nicolas Pepe - Liverpool have laughed off claims linking them with a £71m deal for the Lille forward (Mirror, June 26). However, the Reds are in talks with Lille over a potential £70m for the player (Get French Football News, June 26). Liverpool have jumped to the front of the queue to the midfielder and have made a £72m bid. The 24-year-old, also a target for Bayern and Inter, has impressed manager Jurgen Klopp (Le10Sport, June 17).

Marco Asensio - Liverpool will be offered Marco Asensio as Real Madrid eye a mega Sadio Mane swap deal. (Sunday Express, June 30)

Junior Firpo - Liverpool and Man Utd will go head-to-head for the signature of the Real Betis left back (Marca, June 24).Liverpool are ready to trigger the Betis defender's £45m release clause (Daily Mirror, June 21).

Christian Eriksen - Liverpool have been tipped to sign the Tottenham playmaker (Daily Star, June 21).

Bruno Fernandes - Liverpool have submitted a £40m bid for the Portugal midfielder (Correio de Manha, June 17); The club are no longer interested in the £50m Sporting Lisbon playmaker (The Sun, June 15).

Alex McCarthy - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is weighing up a move for the Southampton goalkeeper this summer. (The Star, June 16).

Hakim Ziyech - Ajax will seek just over £30m for their Morocco winger this summer. The 26-year-old has been linked with Liverpool (Mirror, June 15).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:59 pm

I'm a little bit worried.. Not much news on the players coming in. I think we have a unbelievable side and I think we should capitalise on the fact we are a huge draw after winning the champions league.

You could argue we finished 2nd losing 1 game all season and obviously won the UCL so do we really need to invest.. But teams around us are improving and if we don't act that gap between us and the rest of the prem will close really quick. United and Spurs look to be doing alot of business and City have added to their team aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:00 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:59 pm wrote:I'm a little bit worried.. Not much news on the players coming in. I think we have a unbelievable side and I think we should capitalise on the fact we are a huge draw after winning the champions league.

You could argue we finished 2nd losing 1 game all season and obviously won the UCL so do we really need to invest.. But teams around us are improving and if we don't act that gap between us and the rest of the prem will close really quick. United and Spurs look to be doing alot of business and City have added to their team aswell.

Why be worried ?

How many teams around have actually improved ?

City - nope
Chelsea - Nope
Spurs - Not that much
Utd - a little bit
Arsenal- Nope

No one has made many big moves

Players are still playing in things like the ACON , or the Copa America and some still ok holiday

The market isn’t that flush with great quality and we shouldn’t just spend for spending sake

If Klopp wants someone he will go and get them , if not then he will work with what he has with the added bonus of Ox and Brewster fully fit plus players like Keita abd Fabinho more settled.

This is the same every summer as July goes - people overreact and start to panic where there is no need too
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:00 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:59 pm wrote:I'm a little bit worried.. Not much news on the players coming in. I think we have a unbelievable side and I think we should capitalise on the fact we are a huge draw after winning the champions league.

Why be worried ?

How many teams around have actually improved ?

City - nope
Chelsea - Nope
Spurs - Not that much
Utd - a little bit
Arsenal- Nope

No one has made many big moves

Players are still playing in things like the ACON , or the Copa America and some still ok holiday

The market isn’t that flush with great quality and we shouldn’t just spend for spending sake

If Klopp wants someone he will go and get them , if not then he will work with what he has with the added bonus of Ox and Brewster fully fit plus players like Keita abd Fabinho more settled.

This is the same every summer as July goes - people overreact and start to panic where there is no need too

So your point is that our squad is as good as man city's in terms of depth and we DONT need any additions?!??

I think you are wrong mate. Ox might not be the same after a serious injury lay off, Keita largely disappointed last season Fabinho, Milner, Wjnaldum and Hendo are too defensive also and Lallana is SPENT.

City still have a stronger squad than us, we are still a couple of players short.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill