CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Fri May 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Registered my interest in the Ballot today....won't be holding my breath because I've been in this situation before...spent a fortune for Athens and similar for Istanbul.....just reminiscing about the good old days when football belonged to the masses and the only prawn sarnie brigade were all seated on cushions in the directors box.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 04, 2018 3:18 pm

The ticket situation is a joke, I remember the good old days of vouchers and waiting for your number to be announced.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:20 pm

supersub » Fri May 04, 2018 1:53 pm wrote:Registered my interest in the Ballot today....won't be holding my breath because I've been in this situation before...spent a fortune for Athens and similar for Istanbul.....just reminiscing about the good old days when football belonged to the masses and the only prawn sarnie brigade were all seated on cushions in the directors box.

Good on ya mate. Hope you get there. I spent 5K last month on shyte that went t1ts up in the house so am skint. Otherwise I'd be making my way to Kiev
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 04, 2018 4:20 pm

supersub » Fri May 04, 2018 2:53 pm wrote:Registered my interest in the Ballot today....won't be holding my breath because I've been in this situation before...spent a fortune for Athens and similar for Istanbul.....just reminiscing about the good old days when football belonged to the masses and the only prawn sarnie brigade were all seated on cushions in the directors box.

Fingers crossed for you SS, hope it comes thru for you
:buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri May 04, 2018 7:02 pm

The big screen at my local is the closest I can get to Kiev unfortunately, you're lucky s*ds those who are lucky enough to get a ticket.

Demand always far exceeds supply for these occasions.

Cannot wait for the final to kick off, my only slight concern is our midfield will likely be, wjnaldum, hendo and Milner, which isn't high on defending ability, or creativity etc, it's where we need to rebuild most in the summer, but... We beat Roma, Man City and Porto, hopefully we can put in a big performance and pull it off.

Fingers crossed :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Ok lads lets discuss here how we can exploit Real and win the jewel.

Real will have the experience they have been there before and i expect them to be more composed and calm then us.

However they are not as solid as there were they have got defensive frailties, similar to us i guess.

The battle will be in the middle and whoever gets the upper hand will control the game. We will need Milner, Hendo and Wijnaldum to play like possessed freaks.

Salah, Mane and Firmino will exploit real but like i said they could do the same to us with Ronaldo, Benezema and co.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri May 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Im more confident than I was in 2005 but Madrid are still a hell of a force make no mistake about that.

If we beat a team thats made 3 CL finals running and won last 2 it will be an incredible achievement, our club has an almost zero net spend turning tricks wheeling and dealing.

Success for us would be victory against the money, the self confessed galacticos. Polar opposites.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 04, 2018 9:16 pm

supersub » Fri May 04, 2018 1:53 pm wrote:Registered my interest in the Ballot today....won't be holding my breath because I've been in this situation before...spent a fortune for Athens and similar for Istanbul.....just reminiscing about the good old days when football belonged to the masses and the only prawn sarnie brigade were all seated on cushions in the directors box.

Through all my travels to European Cup finals ,all the hardships endured, all the stress and traveling on trains so cold you would need a Bunsen burner to thaw out your town halls , all this was made worth it by the ticket in your back bin ,a ticket that guaranteed something special and was more precious than your first Provi Cheque.

To deprive fans who made those life changing trips and helped shape our history with those epic nights is unforgivable mate :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri May 04, 2018 9:31 pm

parchpea » Fri May 04, 2018 8:51 pm wrote:Im more confident than I was in 2005 but Madrid are still a hell of a force make no mistake about that.

If we beat a team thats made 3 CL finals running and won last 2 it will be an incredible achievement, our club has an almost zero net spend turning tricks wheeling and dealing.

Success for us would be victory against the money, the self confessed galacticos. Polar opposites.

Ironic thing is when we faced Sevilla they were also up for winning the Europa league on a 3rd consecutive time.

I hope Klopp breaks his finals bad luck.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri May 04, 2018 11:22 pm

On the downside, with our fans rushing to book hotels and match tickets and a limited supply, reports from secondary websites selling match tickets for :
Category 1 seats: £14,000(face value £394)
Category 2 seats:£6100(face value £380)
Category 3 seats £5000(face value £140)
Guest Houses also offering rooms for only £5278 for a room..

Looks like we are going to be ripped off big Time if we want to watch it live folks, so dig deep in your pockets! :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 05, 2018 1:23 am

supersub » Fri May 04, 2018 2:53 pm wrote:Registered my interest in the Ballot today....won't be holding my breath because I've been in this situation before...spent a fortune for Athens and similar for Istanbul.....just reminiscing about the good old days when football belonged to the masses and the only prawn sarnie brigade were all seated on cushions in the directors box.

Best of luck SS.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Neymar110 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:30 am

It looks like congratulations are in order for Liverpool Football Club, who appear to have wrapped up their sixth Champions League title without even having to play the final.

As per the updated tournament fixture list on UEFA's official website, the Reds have seemingly been given a goodbye against Real Madrid in the final to be automatically crowned champions of Europe once again.

Up above the semifinal results at the very top of the page, UEFA have erroneously declared Jurgen Klopp's side to be overall winners of the 2017-18 competition.

Which, in fairness, seems a little harsh on Real. After all, were they really that unconvincing over two legs against Bayern Munich in the previous round?

All in all, it's just a bit of a shame that we won't be getting a Champions League final this year.

We were really quite looking forward to watching it. :hearts  :hearts    :hearts
Neymar110
LFC Basic Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 05, 2018 4:55 am

Neymar110 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:30 am wrote:It looks like congratulations are in order for Liverpool Football Club, who appear to have wrapped up their sixth Champions League title without even having to play the final.

As per the updated tournament fixture list on UEFA's official website, the Reds have seemingly been given a goodbye against Real Madrid in the final to be automatically crowned champions of Europe once again.

Up above the semifinal results at the very top of the page, UEFA have erroneously declared Jurgen Klopp's side to be overall winners of the 2017-18 competition.

Which, in fairness, seems a little harsh on Real. After all, were they really that unconvincing over two legs against Bayern Munich in the previous round?

All in all, it's just a bit of a shame that we won't be getting a Champions League final this year.

We were really quite looking forward to watching it. :hearts  :hearts    :hearts

Not sure what you're talking about mate... maybe they fixed it cause I went there to see... nothing unusual...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat May 05, 2018 8:19 am

There's always one who takes the bait and goes to check.....   :bowdown  :bowdown  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat May 05, 2018 3:03 pm

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games