Liverpool vs Bournemouth 14/04 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:39 pm

redshade » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 pm wrote:Missed the game, fill me in folks. Sounds like we won without getting out of second gear.
Any good goals today?

Professional performance mate we didn't really hit top gear. Good performances from Ox and TAA. Salah header was a good goal well taken.

Good stuff :D Two more wins and we are there.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Chamberlain was excellent, I loved those driving runs through midfield, he can't half strike a ball too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Call me GOD folks.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 pm

The Ox was exceptional today!! He showed so much energy for the full 90 mins.. if he continues this kind of form I can see him starting games next year with Keita/Hendo.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 pm wrote:The Ox was exceptional today!! He showed so much energy for the full 90 mins.. if he continues this kind of form I can see him starting games next year with Keita/Hendo.

Agreed.

Klopp is obviously trying to get an extra 20% effort out of him etc, and encouraging him to go forward and shoot more. He is a decent replacement for hendo in the starting eleven I reckon.

Next season, with a couple more decent players added (maybe Lemar also) , we could be title challengers.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Ending off a good day.

3 points for us (70)

0 points for Spurs (67)

0 goals for Kane (25)

1 goal for Salah (30)

+8 gd to us

Spurs with 1 game in hand.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 pm wrote:Chamberlain was excellent, I loved those driving runs through midfield, he can't half strike a ball too.

I can see him scoring some Gerrard type long rangers for us. He does striker the ball sweet but just slightly off.

Also have to mention Karuis made a great reaction save, didn't do much but when needed he did well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:31 am

redshade » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 pm wrote:Chamberlain was excellent, I loved those driving runs through midfield, he can't half strike a ball too.

I can see him scoring some Gerrard type long rangers for us. He does striker the ball sweet but just slightly off.

Also have to mention Karuis made a great reaction save, didn't do much but when needed he did well.

Karius did well but he needs to start getting more length on his punches, either that or start catching it. His punches have a nasty habit of travelling about 10 yards and falling at the feet of opposition players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:45 am

Young Arnold is going to be some player,I've only ever seen Gerrard hit those kind of raking crosses and pick out a players run from 40 yards,he just keeps getting better with every game he plays ,thought Henderson along with Chamberlain  had a good game yesterday. A good solid three points and the best atmosphere for a Premier game against the lesser lights I've heard all season.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 am

Won it in second gear really clinical and beautiful.

Karius still a weak link for me and hes the only one that can damage us now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:41 am

The Ox looked every inch a Liverpool player - he looks to be developing nicely under Klopp, we've missed a midfielder who can pick the ball up and drive it at or through the defence.

TAA MotM for me. Not tested like he was in the first leg, but showed what he was all about in an attacking sense - has a beautiful cross on him.

This team looks to have gone from strength to strength since the departure of Coutinho and in all fairness long since then he hasn't been missed.

Well done Klopp and the boys  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:00 pm

parchpea » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 am wrote:Won it in second gear really clinical and beautiful.

Karius has many attributes ,his distribution is excellent and his decision making is spot on ,plus he's a phenomenally athletic shot stopper ,he doesn't stand on his line and wait for an attacker to shoot ,he's courageous enough to throw himself into the danger just to avert the possibility of a shot on target ,personally I think those pluses far out weigh the gripes pertaining to his punching  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:00 pm wrote:
parchpea » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 am wrote:Won it in second gear really clinical and beautiful.

Karius has many attributes ,his distribution is excellent and his decision making is spot on ,plus he's a phenomenally athletic shot stopper ,he doesn't stand on his line and wait for an attacker to shoot ,he's courageous enough to throw himself into the danger just to avert the possibility of a shot on target ,personally I think those pluses far out weigh the gripes pertaining to his punching  ???

Keepers like Karius try and help the team out and don't mind putting themselves at risk. Keepers like Mig play it safe and cause problems for the defenders.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Karius has played superb since he's come back into the team, with some truly world class saves. Yes, there's room for improvement, but I think Migs should start packing his bags. His time is up.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:58 am

Eagle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 am wrote:Keepers like Karius try and help the team out and don't mind putting themselves at risk. Keepers like Mig play it safe and cause problems for the defenders.

Maybe you could say Karius is a proactive or offensive goalkeeper, ie he's willing to go out and attack the ball carrier whereas Migs is defensive, allowing the attacker and his defenders to dictate the play. Rather like sex, you have proactive and passive partners and it's always the proactive ones who get the better result. But that's another subject...  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games