This is end to end now, can't watch :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Great reply but why do we have these poor defensive errors almost every game
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:49 pm

I don't think Gomez as a permanent RB is the solution...I know he gets plenty of praise but he isn't good enough..attacking wise he is none existent and on the defensive side he has no postional awareness..yes he compensate with his speed but not impressed at all.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:52 pm

At 1-3, this should be a sufficient enough lead to hang on. West ham are not good enough to score another three
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 pm

only me » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 pm wrote:I don't think Gomez as a permanent RB is the solution...I know he gets plenty of praise but he isn't good enough..attacking wise he is none existent and on the defensive side he has no postional awareness..yes he compensate with his speed but not impressed at all.

I half agree. He's doing OK but he's getting slightly overhyped. Still a liability for me, as we're seeing in this game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:30 pm

damjan193 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 pm wrote:I don't think Gomez as a permanent RB is the solution...I know he gets plenty of praise but he isn't good enough..attacking wise he is none existent and on the defensive side he has no postional awareness..yes he compensate with his speed but not impressed at all.

I half agree. He's doing OK but he's getting slightly overhyped. Still a liability for me, as we're seeing in this game.

Joe is a young lad only learning the game and expecting him to apply himself consistently is asking a bit much. He has to be given the time to learn and the odd mistake will happen in the process. Its not like anyone was expecting him to be player of the season or anything. Its important we give these young lads experience and he learned a bit today.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Emphatic against a beleaguered West Ham and we didnt play spectacularly well, bit more tactical than normal didnt take too many risks.

Salah is proving an incredible buy and is a terrific finisher any position up front.

I think we have put the final nail in for Bilic.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:32 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:30 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 pm wrote:

Joe is a young lad only learning the game and expecting him to apply himself consistently is asking a bit much. He has to be given the time to learn and the odd mistake will happen in the process. Its not like anyone was expecting him to be player of the season or anything. Its important we give these young lads experience and he learned a bit today.

Well said mate..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Decent game decent win  :nod Just what we needed heading into the break and its makes our standing in the table much healthier. We looked a bit panicky there for about 10 minutes but came through it positively. Well in lads  :buttrock
Thought our attacks were much more fluid without Henderson out there. Also think Klopp should be making changes earlier in games we have sewn up. Grujic should have come on ahead of Lovren and Sturridge for Mo. Salah right now is our most important player so preserve him when we can. He didn't need 90+ minutes even though I know he is not heading off. Its injury we should be concerned about.  Alright game from Ox as well but still hard to see who I would drop for him.
With any luck we wont have any injuries to contend with after the internationals and have a full squad to pick from for the 1st time this season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Fantastic 3 points which gives us a couple of weeks to relax and feel positive.

Salah has been worth every penny the impact he has made so far has been superb.

I hope this is a season turning result and from here the team continue to go forward. With the fixture we have uptil December we've got a chance to go on a very good run. Chelsea H and Arsenal A are the only tough fixtures.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 pm

To be fair after the Spurs debacle we've bounced back with 3 solid wins against Huddersfield, Maribor and West Ham scoring 10 goals in the process and only conceding 1. Granted the opposition hasn't been stellar but we did what we had to do.
Let's see if we can get the likes of Coutinho and Lallana back during the international break and push on from there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Another great performance and result. Pity we didn't get a clean sheet, but great to see Mane back. 

A bit of a break for some of the lads and then Southampton come to Anfield on the 18th. With a bit of luck Lallana will be back in the squad too as we get our season back on track  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:46 pm

I missed the last goal, was it any good
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm wrote:I missed the last goal, was it any good

Yes it was a nice strike which arrowed right into the bottom corner just inside the post. Motd is on in an hour or so mate, you can see it on that
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games