Liverpool V West Ham - FA CUP - Sat 30th Jan 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:21 pm

only me » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:19 pm wrote:We are going to win this !

In the replay ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:27 pm

We had the chances to win that. Fair do's to the lads though they punched above their weight there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:27 pm

C-R » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:21 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:19 pm wrote:We are going to win this !

In the replay ?

Yep :rasp

Really had enough chances and half chances to kill the game. Enjoyed it overall the compact MF and pressing game was superb ,thought Clyne was excellent ,CB just big stupid trolls and Big Ben....Again in front of the GK shoots straight at him...Smith Brannagen very promising...Stewart Taxiera not as good..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:36 pm

One more comment...Ibe...Something doesn't connect with the lad...has the skill sets but is either too pressured or too self centered..Should wake the fck up he can't afford to look like that.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Jurgen will be doing his nut over the prospect of another game though, I think he's already shocked by the amount of footy that gets played over here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:37 pm wrote:Jurgen will be doing his nut over the prospect of another game though, I think he's already shocked by the amount of footy that gets played over here.

This current squad (especially the 2nd stream) needs games tho. JK may not like it but he may just dig out a couple of new gems in the process.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Yup atleast young guns can get another game against good opposition.

Decent match we played well at times, could've scored.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:07 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:37 pm wrote:Jurgen will be doing his nut over the prospect of another game though, I think he's already shocked by the amount of footy that gets played over here.

This current squad (especially the 2nd stream) needs games tho. JK may not like it but he may just dig out a couple of new gems in the process.

Yeah, I suppose the other thing all these games do is demonstrate to Jurgen just how important it is to have a big squad here in England. Especially if you want to gegenpress every week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Shame we didn't get the result we (just) deserved, but I don't mind the replay too much - another chance for the kids to prove themselves, and playing away will be another step up for them. Could be worse. Could be better.

Liked the look of Teixeira - he gets into good positions and I think he has got to be an option of the bench when we are chasing games in the PL. Feel like he'd give us more in the last 20-30 minutes than Benteke right now.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Just watched the highlights.

I'm sorry but Benteke should have either buried that or passed it off in the 74th minute.

Another golden opportunity wasted, he simply is not good enough based on the amount of chances he gets.

32m  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:29 am

Raoul » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:09 pm wrote:Shame we didn't get the result we (just) deserved, but I don't mind the replay too much - another chance for the kids to prove themselves, and playing away will be another step up for them. Could be worse. Could be better.

Liked the look of Teixeira - he gets into good positions and I think he has got to be an option of the bench when we are chasing games in the PL. Feel like he'd give us more in the last 20-30 minutes than Benteke right now.

Nice to see you posting again mate  :)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:42 am

Raoul » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:09 pm wrote:Shame we didn't get the result we (just) deserved, but I don't mind the replay too much - another chance for the kids to prove themselves, and playing away will be another step up for them. Could be worse. Could be better.

Welcome back fella
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:58 am

What a performance from young Brannagan he was everywhere yesterday ,thoroughly deserved his standing ovation when he was withdrawn. I thought albeit from the aforementioned our stand out performers were Caulker who surprised me with his commitment to throw himself in front of every shot and defend as diligently as he did ,also Teixeira who surely must warrant a spell in the first team ,West Ham targeted him for the most attention and he was kicked and barged all night in an attempt to disrupt his composure on the ball.

All that's left to say is we completely bossed the game ,but our failure to slot with the inclusion of a striker bought for 32 million on the pitch really brings home what a ridiculously bad bit of business Benteke was ! Cant say I was impressed by Stewart either ,his passes are way off the mark or too short.
Ibes game is deteriorating rather than improving  and he arguably could have cost us the most in terms of squandering possession and affording the Hammerz the opportunity to counter.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Agreed, Benteke is absolutely useless, yes he has scored some precious goals but his strike rate is far to hit and miss. Watching him yesterday just highlighted the fact he doesn't possess a strikers instinct, his reactions are far too slow and his positioning sense is very hit and miss. I thought Branagan and Texeira were great.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:29 am

Who would have thought that we could assembly such an unreliable strike force by going out and spending money!

Sturridge, balotelli, Ings, now Benteke

We all cried out for money to be spent on a decent strike force and we did..... At least I thought we did with the addition of Benteke and Ings.

Now we are £70 odd million pounds lighter if you add that four together and still no solution in sight.

Can't imagine the loss we will make if we sell Benteke in the summer after a poor season.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games