JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:40 pm

I was suggesting that we should sell him during the transfer window (many of us were), but maybe I was wrong. It would take a bit more convincing for me tbh but it's been a long while since I've last seen our midfield dominate in such a way, and against a strong opponent at that, and Hendo was the main reason for that. He's been outstanding these last two games and he's on the right track to proving me wrong.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:06 am

Let's not get carried away, he's a spinless wimp when the chips are down and he's never going to be a game changer in the vein of Gerrard or Suarez. He's a squad player and as we have previously agreed on my occasions, not a proper Liverpool captain.

Let's see how he performs in the coming weeks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:48 am

Reg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:06 am wrote:Let's not get carried away, he's a spinless wimp when the chips are down and he's never going to be a game changer in the vein of Gerrard or Suarez. He's a squad player and as we have previously agreed on my occasions, not a proper Liverpool captain.

Let's see how he performs in the coming weeks.

I was coming into this thread to say something similar.

Still not convinced. He's simply not a midfield general and he never will be
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:53 pm

If he can repeat the Chelsea performance, week-in, week-out, for an entire season....then I might change my view that he's a squad player desperately out of his depth.

I'll gladly eat humble pie if he can do that every week, but sadly (as last season and the Euros for England showed) Henderson goes missing when the going gets tough. He just lacks...gonads. I've still not forgotten the time he let Mario push him out of the way for the penalty a couple of seasons back.

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:40 pm

I agree with the sentiment with Hendersons frail mentality and hes still got a lot to prove particulary with the extra pressure of being captain.

I suspect Klopp has seen that and importantly that Henderson is a limited midfield player, up to know asked to do jobs beyond him. Hes bascically given him an easier role, break up play and give it, the new Lucas,and it seems to have worked.

Hes done it with Milner, not good enough in the middle but alright making tackles and positionally at left back, his limitations not constantly exposed.

Fundememtally we are right to be cautious, Liverpool is a club of false dawns and we take some convicing, which in a way is a shame, killing hope, but your carved out from what the club offers you.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Hold your horses lads... He'll be donkey shyte again next week and we'll be back to normal.
Bring on the young lad Grujic, I say...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Lol i guess we have to wait and see.
Im hoping that performance against Chelsea ignites a flame in hendo.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:52 pm

There is a player there but as most have you have highlighted he is mentally weak.

Doesn't have the stomach to lead when the going gets tough and has been our most inconstant player over the last few seasons.

His task is a lot easier now that he understands his not an attacking or creative midfielder; chase, tackle and pass the ball forward. Pop up with the odd goal or two every few weeks and I reckon we can call that a successful season for him.

I'm really hoping that Klopp can mind f**k him and get the most of out of him, because if he can't I don't see any other manager doing so.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:25 am

I've been impressed with Hendo the last 2 games.

In terms of out and out quality, he may not be at the top of the list, but his work ethic and boundless energy is excellent and I think Klopp may have found a role that suits him very well.
Maybe all he needed was to emerge from out of the shadow of Stevie G. Long may it continue. Given a bit more time in this role, he may well make it his own.

With the kind of high pressing, high tempo game that Klopp likes to play, I feel Hendo will definitely be key for us as the season progresses.

The lad has taken a lot of stick for his apparent lack of mental strength... most of it justifiable imo.... but I think it shows a lot of character for him to come back the way his has.

Well done I say say.
ConnO'var

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:47 am

I think the Klopp factor is kicking in with Hendo, as well as others such as Lallana and Firm. He has deffo stepped up a notch and that's good.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:27 pm

So what do people think of him in the DM role behind Lallana and Gino? Looked good so far.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:00 pm

First thing for me is cut out that cocky walk, swagger they call it, I think hes trying to pump himself up but it looks absolutely ridiculous.

For those old enough the opening to Saturday Night Fever springs to mind, Tony Manero  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:56 pm

ConnO'var » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:25 am wrote:I've been impressed with Hendo the last 2 games.

In terms of out and out quality, he may not be at the top of the list, but his work ethic and boundless energy is excellent and I think Klopp may have found a role that suits him very well.
Maybe all he needed was to emerge from out of the shadow of Stevie G. Long may it continue. Given a bit more time in this role, he may well make it his own.

With the kind of high pressing, high tempo game that Klopp likes to play, I feel Hendo will definitely be key for us as the season progresses.

The lad has taken a lot of stick for his apparent lack of mental strength... most of it justifiable imo.... but I think it shows a lot of character for him to come back the way his has.

Well done I say say.

Welcome back fella, totally agree with you about Henderson,the lad is finally taking his duties seriously and with a few more performances like he's proffered this season maybe this thread will get the legs it deserves. I'm personally loving seeing his conviction when he takes to the pitch, the lad play's with real heart and Kopites are starting to feel it !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Some good posts in this thread over the past couple of days and I agree completely with the general consensus, early days I know but it looks like Jurgen might have worked his magic on Hendo in the same way he managed to get the best out of Lallana etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:35 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:56 pm wrote:
ConnO'var » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:25 am wrote:I've been impressed with Hendo the last 2 games.

Well done I say say.

Welcome back fella, totally agree with you about Henderson,the lad is finally taking his duties seriously and with a few more performances like he's proffered this season maybe this thread will get the legs it deserves. I'm personally loving seeing his conviction when he takes to the pitch, the lad play's with real heart and Kopites are starting to feel it !

Cheers mate... I still read every post each day.
Still enjoy the site very much. Just been up to me ears in work and family commitments recently.

Things are looking up now so hopefully I will be able to contribute to the forum instead of just taking from it.

Back to Hendo.... I don't think he's a confidence type of player. I think he just needed to believe a little more. Being made Captain probably didn't help him too much. May not have suited his personality and it definitely occurred too soon... maybe it should not have happened at all... but still, there's a player there and I am glad that he's finally emerging.....

Still far too early to say if the transformation is permanent.... but I live in hope as I honestly like what the lad brings to the table. We cannot have a whole team of Messi's and Coutinho's after all.... Somebody needs to lead the hard graft effort as well. Klopp has definitely got the team spirit going in the squad methinks.

The midfield is looking a lot better these days with a better balance of players.... and I feel that both Jordan and Emre will have a huge part to play. Hopefully they will understand that we will need to rest players. An approach I was never fond off.... but with the high tempo game Klopp likes, we will definitely to rest players.
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion