Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:57 pm

I'd be surprised if he signed for us after we threw away the Europa final and failed to get CL.

But his recent comments/change of agent I'm not sure are that relevant.

Do we really need another attacking player with injury problems anyway?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 23, 2016 10:02 pm

Sounds like the lad obviously doesn't fancy the move to us and think we should leave it at that and move on.  Think if Pep was still there he may have taken a different stance but Bayern are the biggest club in Germany (and one of the biggest in Europe for that matter) and he probably feels its a fesh start under Ancelotti and cant neccessirley blame him for that. Gets CL footy there to so. Also don't think an attacking midfielder is a priority for us so not too fussed
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Realistically I think it's going to be difficult to attract the big names. I'm more than happy for Klopp to unearth few gems that are not on the radar of other clubs and then work with them and hopefully turn them in quality players. JK will have plenty of time on the training pitch what with no Europe. Also think JK's system is more about the whole is greater than the sum of the it's part so don't think we necessarily need big name signings this summer.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon May 23, 2016 10:48 pm

I can't see him coming aswel. I think his going to push for a chance under new management.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 23, 2016 11:33 am wrote:
JC_81 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:05 pm wrote:That's an absolutely nothing comment.

Rules nothing out.

Given these reports that's he's sacked his agent (who was apparently very keen on him moving here) I'd be surprised if he signed for us now mate.

Agreed. Agents always want their players to move. They get paid a percentage of their salary, but they make a lot more from transfers. If Gotze moves he pockets a few million pounds- more than he would make in a couple years from the player's salary.

As soon as I heard he fired his agent, it made me think his agent was pushing too hard to force a transfer and Gotze knew his agent was no longer acting in his best interest.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 am

Goetze not gonna happen, maybe we will get him on a free next summer if he has another quiet season, or perhaps we need to concentrate on more important positions
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue May 24, 2016 8:02 am

Its better knowing where we stand with him now rather thab later abd rushing into buying an average joe.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 24, 2016 11:31 am

Doeboy » Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 pm wrote:Realistically I think it's going to be difficult to attract the big names. I'm more than happy for Klopp to unearth few gems that are not on the radar of other clubs and then work with them and hopefully turn them in quality players. JK will have plenty of time on the training pitch what with no Europe. Also think JK's system is more about the whole is greater than the sum of the it's part so don't think we necessarily need big name signings this summer.

Speaking of which there are reports that Jurgen is trying to convince 'the Croatian Odegaard' Ante Coric to join us, all the big hitters in Europe have been trying to sign the ridiculously talented 19 year old but now there are reports in Croatia that Jurgen has not only thrown his hat into the ring but could be leading the chase for Dynamo Zagreb playmaker.
I'd rather see us sign players like this lad and Zielinski than Gotze tbh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g0INLnIQI1I
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 24, 2016 11:57 am

I'm more excited by the prospect of Dahoud than Gotze to be honest....he's a great midfielder and would work wonders with Can.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 24, 2016 2:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 24, 2016 11:31 am wrote:
Doeboy » Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 pm wrote:Realistically I think it's going to be difficult to attract the big names. I'm more than happy for Klopp to unearth few gems that are not on the radar of other clubs and then work with them and hopefully turn them in quality players. JK will have plenty of time on the training pitch what with no Europe. Also think JK's system is more about the whole is greater than the sum of the it's part so don't think we necessarily need big name signings this summer.

Speaking of which there are reports that Jurgen is trying to convince 'the Croatian Odegaard' Ante Coric to join us, all the big hitters in Europe have been trying to sign the ridiculously talented 19 year old but now there are reports in Croatia that Jurgen has not only thrown his hat into the ring but could be leading the chase for Dynamo Zagreb playmaker.
I'd rather see us sign players like this lad and Zielinski than Gotze tbh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g0INLnIQI1I

You know Yakka whilst I applaud our forward thinking in the pursuit/signing of talented young players with bags of potential I think we've got enough of them already (and some signed to still come in).

I think we should be looking to stiffen the squad with players aged 23-26 who've already served their "apprenticeship" and have proven their maturity and quality.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue May 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Signing big players is going to be difficult given the calibre of managers in the league coupled with the resources of our rivals. I can't say I'm confident at the moment. I just hope Klopp knows exactly what he wants going into the season. It's gonna be a battle and we have to be ready from day 1
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:53 pm

To be honest I'm slightly underwhelmed with these targets. I've no idea who this Zelinski lad is and from the little I've seen from Karius he's not really an improvement on Mignolet. Not saying that the lads won't prove to be good signings at the end, not condemning them before they even kick a ball or anything, but how many times have we gone for the "stars of tomorrow" and failed miserably? I was expecting us to go for some proven talent for a change.

I'm especially disappointed in our midfield target, which I expected to be our number one priority. I was expecting us to go after the likes of Xhaka or Gundogan, not some kid most of us have never heard of never mind seen him play. I know that Klopp has proven that he can find these gems but it's still a massive risk that hasn't quite worked for us in recent years.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Players like Gundogan and Xhaka will go to the tops teams (those playing in Europe). It will be tough getting players like that. Even Gotze who ws heavily linked has seemed to ignore us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Piotr Zielinski is close to joining Borussia Dortmund. (Football Italia)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue May 24, 2016 9:02 pm

Is this the part where we start calling second and third choices only to find they already have terms in place  :blush:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill