Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 11, 2015 9:08 am

Think it's going to be a tough old summer, with us scrapping over the leftovers after City,  Chelsea. Arsenal and Utd are done a the table
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 11, 2015 10:57 am

Doeboy » Mon May 11, 2015 8:08 am wrote:Think it's going to be a tough old summer, with us scrapping over the leftovers after City,  Chelsea. Arsenal and Utd are done a the table

We can't worry about what they are going to do, we have just got to accept that they will be operating on a different level to us,  even if we would have got 4th we wouldn't be in for the likes of Bale and Barkley anyway, huge wages are not our style.
As United proved this season though sometimes a team full of big names isn't a guarantee of success, United have scraped 4th off the back of De Gea, Fellaini and direct football, not the brilliance of Falcao and DiMaria. Their new signings have done no better than ours.
We should though still aim high, maybe the very top stars are out of our reach but there are still a lot of very good players out there like Pjanic, Kovacic and maybe even someone like Isco who might not be getting the game time he wants.
We need to bring quality in, that means no more squad players. Whoever we bring in this summer has to be good enough to warrant a guaranteed place in the starting XI.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 11, 2015 3:02 pm

A fair post, Yakka. We will do well to bring in anything other than gambles that we hope will hit the ground running. But there is hope if our scouts are any good. Who decided to scout Willem II to unearth big Sami? Maybe we should scout a few less beaten roads and spend a bit more time and money ensuring they're the right players.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 12, 2015 10:44 am

Quality players  :laugh: Starters  :laugh:
A lot of reports going about that we have won the race for Danny Ings. People on here can blame policies, committees all they want but the truth is that rodgers signs the players he wants.
Origi is unproven, sturridge is already set to miss the guts of 3 months of the new season and his answer is another average player. 

We won't sign any marquee players this summer, It will be more of the same again  :down: And the worst of it is that rodgers ain't going anywhere  :veryangry
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 12, 2015 11:20 am

red till i die!! » Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 am wrote:Quality players  :laugh: Starters  :laugh:
A lot of reports going about that we have won the race for Danny Ings. People on here can blame policies, committees all they want but the truth is that rodgers signs the players he wants.
Origi is unproven, sturridge is already set to miss the guts of 3 months of the new season and his answer is another average player. 

We won't sign any marquee players this summer, It will be more of the same again  :down: And the worst of it is that rodgers ain't going anywhere  :veryangry

If you think changing managers will stop us signing 'bargains' like Ings and even Balotelli then I think you are sadly mistaken mate. As a club our transfer stragedy is to find value in the market and that comes from the top.
Our owners are not here to get involved in a financial arms race with the likes of City, Chelsea and United.
Yes I know we have spent money but that money has largely been spent on young players that have a sell on value, if you buy someone at 21 by the time they are 25 they will be worth more, if you buy someone at 28 not only are you paying top dollar for a player at the peak of his powers but 4 years down the line he will be 32, he would have dramatically lost value.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 12, 2015 12:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 12, 2015 10:20 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 am wrote:Quality players  :laugh: Starters  :laugh:

If you think changing managers will stop us signing 'bargains' like Ings and even Balotelli then I think you are sadly mistaken mate. As a club our transfer stragedy is to find value in the market and that comes from the top.
Our owners are not here to get involved in a financial arms race with the likes of City, Chelsea and United.
Yes I know we have spent money but that money has largely been spent on young players that have a sell on value, if you buy someone at 21 by the time they are 25 they will be worth more, if you buy someone at 28 not only are you paying top dollar for a player at the peak of his powers but 4 years down the line he will be 32, he would have dramatically lost value.

So what are you saying, Yakka? Do you agree with this system? Are we now a selling club like the Hammers? All the in-house politics takes away from the facts that fans want trophies. Those are won on the pitch by using good players and a good manager. Heck, you don't even need good players if you have the right manager. The financial benefits of CL football are huge. So why not stabilise the club by signing players that will get us there, and win other lucrative competitions? At the end of the day all the stuff that goes on upstairs shouldn't matter. It's 11 v 11, 12 v 12 if you count managers. Referees can make decisions in games that make all politics irrelevant. So what's it matter? Get on the pitch. Out smart, out muscle or out play your opponent and get points on the board.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Heard a whisper today the we have an interest in Kyle Walker
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Tue May 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Lallana, Markovic and Lovren given their respective price tags could not be regarded as gambles and yet they have all been decidedly average and that's being kind. There are absolutely no guarantees in the transfer market. £8m for Coutinho and £65m for Di Maria and I know who I would rather have any day of the week. Falcao £280k a week etc etc etc. Look at how much Torres, Sturridge and Suarez cost. A bit over £50m for the three of them.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 12, 2015 3:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 12, 2015 11:20 am wrote:

I don't know if changing a manager will ultimately change how we conduct our transfers but neither do you. No one knows what is going on at the club regarding these issues and all we are doing is speculating based on info from the public domain. What is and will remain the problem is what we are getting from them and that lies solely with one man. Rodgers talks about wanting marquee players and has gone on record to say this and a week later he says how confident he is that we will secure and add more exciting talent to the squad under ayres stewardship. Its unreal how some fans take certain things he says as gospel and dismiss everything else.

Our owners are bottom of the barrel, that much is very clear but they are not interferring in who we sign. I do believe we have a youth policy but not every player has to fit that notion. Even if they are forcing this then they couldn't be happy as it is not yielding results. Take our first seasons signings under rodgers and look at how much profit will be made from them, Take his second year's signings and there is no profit there either and like wise with last year. The only players in our team that will turn profits is coutinho that he bought and the rest like sterling and ibe that he didn't. Having an idea of growing players to sell and in turn improve the team sounds nice but it isn't what is happening. last week you said to me we signed markovic for 5 years not one but i can remember the same thing being said about carroll who got chased out the door for less than half of what we paid. That decision was not taken by John Henry but by the people he hired to run the club.

Where do you think the loss on carroll will come from ? the loss on borini, aspas, alberto and downing to name a few ? Well it isn't going to come from henrys pocket or the sales from the deadwood we have to shift but from our player portfolio that has been so badly mismanaged by ayre and rodgers. We use player amortization so those players are technically still on our books for the duration of the contracts they signed and it includes a resale value at the end which will always be less than projected. Suarez's fee would have offset a lot of that but not enough and seeing as we blew that as well it will leave us looking to balance the books this summer. Already we are sniffing out bosmans, lowballing players on contract renewals and letting others walk for nothing. Its total mismanagement by rodgers and ayre and if the money isn't there to buy marquee players it's because of them. If they keep going like this Fsg will have no choice but to either remove them and start again or give us another interest free loan which will in turn increase the debt on the club and open up another world of problems as to why we can't compete with the top clubs.

If henry has any sense he will cut his losses now and look to get someone else in who will (A) sign better players and (B) actually get something from them. 5th seems to be the finish acceptable by some fans based on what we pay and spend combined with what other clubs do, so what have we got to lose by hiring someone else ?
This summer we have the chance to upgrade by either getting klopp or de-boer in rather than let rodgers go into next season with his job hanging over his head. These are better managers and we would be foolish to pass it up as they might not be available in a few months and as it stands now letting rodgers remain is just taking another gamble again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 12, 2015 3:37 pm

RedAnt » Tue May 12, 2015 11:13 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 12, 2015 10:20 am wrote:

So what are you saying, Yakka? Do you agree with this system? Are we now a selling club like the Hammers? All the in-house politics takes away from the facts that fans want trophies. Those are won on the pitch by using good players and a good manager. Heck, you don't even need good players if you have the right manager. The financial benefits of CL football are huge. So why not stabilise the club by signing players that will get us there, and win other lucrative competitions? At the end of the day all the stuff that goes on upstairs shouldn't matter. It's 11 v 11, 12 v 12 if you count managers. Referees can make decisions in games that make all politics irrelevant. So what's it matter? Get on the pitch. Out smart, out muscle or out play your opponent and get points on the board.

You can still put together a good side on a reasonable budget mate, Kovacic is being linked with us for £15m, he'd be a superb buy, in fact I'd much rather have him than Depay.

Mingolet

Can         Ilorri         Sakho

Sterling        Lucas        Kovacic        Ibe

Coutinho       Markovic

New CF

That to me has the look of an exciting side, and we'd have the likes of Sturridge, Lallana, Henderson, Skrtel, Origi, Moreno etc on the bench too. That side is well within our reach budget wise.
As I have said we have the makings of a very good side, a couple of players of Kovacic's quality would put us back in the mix again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue May 12, 2015 4:18 pm

All very well but BR wouldn't drop Henderson, as we keep seeing some players are undropable to him no matter their form
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue May 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Not sure what will happen with Kovacic. Inter's Sporting Director, Piero Ausilio, as he entered an eating establishment to discuss transfer matters about tis player, mentioned to a Spanish journalist that Liverpool FC had made a "funny little joke" with a €10M offer.

LFC are still have FFP issues and there is no money left (well, hardly any). It's still 'sell to buy' policy at LFC.  Some LFC players put on the market are priced very high, so no one is interested.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 12, 2015 11:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 am wrote:
Doeboy » Mon May 11, 2015 8:08 am wrote:Think it's going to be a tough old summer, with us scrapping over the leftovers after City,  Chelsea. Arsenal and Utd are done a the table

We can't worry about what they are going to do, we have just got to accept that they will be operating on a different level to us,  even if we would have got 4th we wouldn't be in for the likes of Bale and Barkley anyway, huge wages are not our style.
As United proved this season though sometimes a team full of big names isn't a guarantee of success, United have scraped 4th off the back of De Gea, Fellaini and direct football, not the brilliance of Falcao and DiMaria. Their new signings have done no better than ours.
We should though still aim high, maybe the very top stars are out of our reach but there are still a lot of very good players out there like Pjanic, Kovacic and maybe even someone like Isco who might not be getting the game time he wants.
We need to bring quality in, that means no more squad players. Whoever we bring in this summer has to be good enough to warrant a guaranteed place in the starting XI.

Think Pjanic was one we should maybe have gone for last year.  He's stock has risen and think the big boys will be sniffing around now. With no CL and a hefty price ta,  sadly think we missed the boat with that one
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 9:38 am

People we have been linked with in the press & social media today (in one post)...

Talks with SInclair over a new contract have begun, will probably be loaned out next season. Aspas to Sevilla for £4m (kop305)

Liverpool have had a €20m bid for Inigo Martinez rejected by Real Sociedad. The Spanish club want €30m for the centre back (Marca)

Liverpool have made enquires about Juventus striker Carlos Tevez, according to reports (Metro)

Liverpool are clear to finalise the signing of Barcelona full-back Martin Montoya after Dani Alves reportedly agreed a new contract with the La Liga side, a deal for Montoya has been on the cusp of completion in the past few weeks, with Liverpool believed to have tabled a £7.3million bid after agreeing personal terms with the Spaniard (Metro)

Liverpool are going 'all-out' to sign Juventus star Andrea Pirlo, according to reports (Metro)

Christian Benteke will decide his future in June after playing in Belgium's end of season internationals as Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Roma weigh up £30million bids (Mirror)

Liverpool have reportedly approached AC Milan regarding a possible transfer for Jeremy Menez (Mirror)

Liverpool were reportedly in the stands at Real Sociedad's match with Barcelona to watch defender Inigo Martinez (Independent)

Phil Thompson saying that Sterling will definitely quit Liverpool this Summer (Phil Thompson)
Last edited by C-R on Wed May 13, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 am

The Pirlo rumours are just so funny and totally unbelievable seeing as we have no room for stevie. He turns 36 next week  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill