Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 16, 2015 2:59 pm

C-R » Sat May 16, 2015 5:19 am wrote:According to the Mirror and Telegraph, James Milner has decided to join us based on the fact he dosn't want to uproot his family and take them to London, plus the fact he wants a central midfield role which he won't be guaranteed in London

Well there goes any hopes of signing Kovacic.
A CM pairing of Hendo and Milner, I can't wait...... :glare:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat May 16, 2015 3:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » May 16th, '15, 14:59 wrote:
C-R » Sat May 16, 2015 5:19 am wrote:According to the Mirror and Telegraph, James Milner has decided to join us based on the fact he dosn't want to uproot his family and take them to London, plus the fact he wants a central midfield role which he won't be guaranteed in London

Well there goes any hopes of signing Kovacic.
A CM pairing of Hendo and Milner, I can't wait...... :glare:

Kovacic was never coming following the price offered for him by LFC.  James Milner  :no  :no  :no. His wage demands may be an issue anyway.  Don't want him anywhere near LFC.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 9:13 am

I read in the Echo that Milner could be on 100k a week with us. Can't be true, can it?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 17, 2015 9:58 am

RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 am wrote:I read in the Echo that Milner could be on 100k a week with us. Can't be true, can it?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than that, when there's no transfer fee involved players usually end up with a relatively high wage.
Milner will turn 30 just a few months after we sign him (January 4th), for a player that relies heavily on his workrate and his 'hustle' that is not an ideal scenario to say the least. As we saw with Gerrard once a player turns 30 he inevitably declines, it's just a question of how quickly his game falls apart that's all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 17, 2015 9:59 am

RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 am wrote:I read in the Echo that Milner could be on 100k a week with us. Can't be true, can it?

How much do you think he's earning at man city? Usually players who come without transfer fee can negotiate for higher wages. I wouldn't be surprised if he's earning alot more at man city.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 17, 2015 10:02 am

Between Stevie and Johnson we will be 300k a week better off, just hope that whoever is making the signings spends it wisely
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 10:05 am

It's insane. We let an icon like Gerrard leave, sign Hendo up on 100k a week, we're linked with Pirlo and apparently gonna give 100k to Milner. We're the new Swansea, only we pay much, much more. What's Milner ever done in the game? I think we're f*cked
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 17, 2015 10:16 am

RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 9:05 am wrote:It's insane. We let an icon like Gerrard leave, sign Hendo up on 100k a week, we're linked with Pirlo and apparently gonna give 100k to Milner. We're the new Swansea, only we pay much, much more. What's Milner ever done in the game? I think we're f*cked

The player salaries in football are increasing every season.We have to do what we have to do. I remember reading Toure and Aguero were on 200+ k a week for City. Our highest earner Stevie g is on 140k a week. Milner earning 100k is less shocking than us offering a 19 year old kid 100k.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 10:27 am

maguskwt » Sun May 17, 2015 9:16 am wrote:
RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 9:05 am wrote:It's insane. We let an icon like Gerrard leave, sign Hendo up on 100k a week, we're linked with Pirlo and apparently gonna give 100k to Milner. We're the new Swansea, only we pay much, much more. What's Milner ever done in the game? I think we're f*cked

The player salaries in football are increasing every season.We have to do what we have to do. I remember reading Toure and Aguero were on 200+ k a week for City. Our highest earner Stevie g is on 140k a week. Milner earning 100k is less shocking than us offering a 19 year old kid 100k.

Well I'd not mind if he was worth it. Surely we could use a portion of that wage to bring someone better in. Milner is about as average as Hendo. So the going rate for our CM is 100k a week. Will Allen and Lucas be asking for similar wages soon? They're about the same level as Milner and Henderson.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 17, 2015 11:38 am

I don't want Milner either, I'd much rather see us go out and sign Kovacic but it's a fact that players that arrive on free transfers or for nominal fee's (like Joe Cole and Harry Kewell) are in a position to negotiate a high wage for themselves.
I just hope we don't offer him a long contract, one thing we have learnt is that those 30 something's on good money don't want to leave, they almost invariably stay for the full length of their contract, milking every last penny that they can.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 11:49 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 17, 2015 10:38 am wrote:I don't want Milner either, I'd much rather see us go out and sign Kovacic but it's a fact that players that arrive on free transfers or for nominal fee's (like Joe Cole and Harry Kewell) are in a position to negotiate a high wage for themselves.
I just hope we don't offer him a long contract, one thing we have learnt is that those 30 something's on good money don't want to leave, they almost invariably stay for the full length of their contract, milking every last penny that they can.

I understand they can command better wages because there's no fee. I just can't think why he's even being talked about. What can he bring? I'd rather look to the academy and save being lumbered with another average player on huge wages. I'd imagine that if he can persuade whoever is in charge to give him that much then he can persuade them he's worth 2 years.
RedAnt

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Milner is interested in a move here because he wants first team football and the fact that we can offer him a role in his favourite position in the Center of midfield. So we would have Hendon, Lucas, Milner and Allen fighting for them positions? Can also plays in CM, so does that mean we wouldn't be signing anyone to replace Stevie? Or would Milner be Stevies replacement?

If so then we are screwed!!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 12:50 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 17, 2015 11:38 am wrote:Milner is interested in a move here because he wants first team football and the fact that we can offer him a role in his favourite position in the Center of midfield. So we would have Hendon, Lucas, Milner and Allen fighting for them positions? Can also plays in CM, so does that mean we wouldn't be signing anyone to replace Stevie? Or would Milner be Stevies replacement?

If so then we are screwed!!

That's what I don't get. Why not just keep Gerrard? It's crazy. Milner isn't even half the player Gerrard is. And paying him 100k would mean we're not really reducing wages. Surely we could invest that money in something more long term. The quality of our team is going down fast. Where once ran Mascha, Alonso and Gerrard, now runs Hendo, Milner and Allen.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 17, 2015 1:24 pm

RedAnt » Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 17, 2015 10:38 am wrote:I don't want Milner either, I'd much rather see us go out and sign Kovacic but it's a fact that players that arrive on free transfers or for nominal fee's (like Joe Cole and Harry Kewell) are in a position to negotiate a high wage for themselves.

I understand they can command better wages because there's no fee. I just can't think why he's even being talked about. What can he bring? I'd rather look to the academy and save being lumbered with another average player on huge wages. I'd imagine that if he can persuade whoever is in charge to give him that much then he can persuade them he's worth 2 years.

Not many 29 year olds sign 2 year contracts mate, it will probably be closer to a 4 year deal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 17, 2015 2:22 pm

I doubt we will get Milner ,I think FSG know they need to rescue any credibility they have remaining  by providing the funds to secure a top replacement for Gerrard
they will no doubt be more than aware the appeasement of the fan base will not be achieved by the names loosely being associated with filling the huge void left by
our departing skipper....However procuring such a player ahead of clubs who now have Champions League football will take a massive leap of faith ,and a huge amount
of conviction both from the player needed and respectively FSG releasing the requisite funds needed to secure him.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill